Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hey guys, time for another sitrep. Just finished the second last major scene for EP10. 276 renders including 7 animations. One more major scene to go after this, and a couple of smaller closing scenes. Here's the current break down of EP10's progress:
----------------------------------
Luis Nightclub Scene: 595 renders/2801 lines of dialogue = Finished.
Emily Alley Fight Scene: 142 renders/756 lines of dialogue = Finished.
Luis Alley Fight Scene: 92 renders/695 lines of dialogue = Finished.
Emily Taxi Ride Scene: 18 renders/76 lines of dialogue = Finished.
Luis Taxi Ride Scene: 16 renders/70 lines of dialogue = Finished.
Dinner Scene: 104 renders/418 lines of dialogue = Finished.
Samantha Scene: 276 renders/686 lines of dialogue = Finished

Emily Scene: 200/300 renders/6600-700 lines of dialogue = Still to do.
Emily path closing scene: 20-30 renders/100-200 lines of dialogue = Still to do.
MC and Luis Arriving Home scene: 30-40 renders/200-300 lines of dialogue = Still to do.
----------------------------------
I know it's been a long ass wait, and there's still a bit more waiting left to do but it's getting there. Thanks for bearing with me this whole time.
Az.

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
Luis Nightclub Scene: 595 renders/2801 lines of dialogue = Finished.
Emily Alley Fight Scene: 142 renders/756 lines of dialogue = Finished.
Luis Alley Fight Scene: 92 renders/695 lines of dialogue = Finished.
Emily Taxi Ride Scene: 18 renders/76 lines of dialogue = Finished.
Luis Taxi Ride Scene: 16 renders/70 lines of dialogue = Finished.
Dinner Scene: 104 renders/418 lines of dialogue = Finished.
Samantha Scene: 276 renders/686 lines of dialogue = Finished

Emily Scene: 200/300 renders/6600-700 lines of dialogue = Still to do.
Emily path closing scene: 20-30 renders/100-200 lines of dialogue = Still to do.
MC and Luis Arriving Home scene: 30-40 renders/200-300 lines of dialogue = Still to do.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Sadly...
Ashley has a strong will, know what she wants and knows how to get it.

Emily is nothing more than a little girl. Turn her into the only viable LI in this game was a dickmove from the dev.

Looks like the dev want to compensate his own insecurity by creating a devote slave LI that fits his phantasies about a obedient woman. I can barely resist the urge to vomit in the next corner about this.

Last edited:

89898hh

Sep 4, 2017
I kinda want this to be the last update for this game so the dev can move onto another project. Seems like he/she got burned out making this.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I'm probably not that smart, so it just doesn't fit in my head how an adult sane person can be "milked" by a random game developer. What is this, some kind of cult where you are persuaded to give them everything you have? You can't stop donating any time you want? Are you not allowed to donate only after the developer has shown some progress? (I personally do not agree with the last sentence, a donation for me means a token of gratitude that is not tied to some milestones in the development of the game, but that's just me.) Anyway, this is more likely to indicate that you do not know how to manage your finances than that the developer is a cunning milker.
About the long development cycle, yes, it's frustrating, it's annoying, but then again, how could you expect anything different from a one-man project that is most likely done on a part-time basis. Every software development team I've seen or been a part of has experienced occasional deadline misses by some of the members. Come on, these are people, not automatic coding devices, they tend to underestimate, overestimate, miss things, they are affected by bad mood or depression or a million other reasons. When it is a team, miscalculations and mistakes of individual developers are corrected by the efforts of the rest, and as a result, the team is able to produce a stable result on average (although this does not always happen). But when it's one person, then every shortcoming or mistake made by this person immediately becomes a serious problem for the project and affects the overall result, isn't it obvious? And setting your expectations that the performance of one developer will be the same as that of the team will inevitably lead to frustration and accusation of the developer being a lazy ass. But then again, this is more a sign that you are missing the obvious and overstating expectations than that the developer is a bad bad person.

twiztid

Oct 21, 2020
I'm probably not that smart, so it doesn't fit how an adult sane person can be "milked" by a random game developer. What is this, some kind of cult where you are persuaded to give them everything you have? You can't stop donating any time you want. Are you not allowed to donate only after the developer has shown some progress? (I personally disagree with the last sentence, a donation for me means a token of gratitude that is not tied to some milestones in the development of the game, but that's just me.) Anyway, this is more likely to indicate that you do not know how to manage your finances than that the developer is a cunning milker.
About the long development cycle, yes, it's frustrating, it's annoying, but then again, how could you expect anything different from a one-man project that is most likely done on a part-time basis? Every software development team I've seen or been a part of has experienced occasional deadline misses by some of the members. Come on, these are people, not automatic coding devices, they tend to underestimate, overestimate, and miss things, and they are affected by bad mood or depression or a million other reasons. When it is a team, miscalculations and mistakes of individual developers are corrected by the efforts of the rest, and as a result, the team is able to produce a stable result on average (although this does not always happen). But when it's one person, then every shortcoming or mistake made by this person immediately becomes a severe problem to the project and affects the overall result, isn't it obvious? And setting your expectations that the performance of one developer will be the same as that of the team will inevitably lead to frustration and accusation of the developer being a lazy ass. But then again, this is more a sign that you are missing the obvious and overstating expectations than that the developer is a bad bad person.
You hit the nail on the head, could not have said it better.

• Haha
Reactions: yossa999

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
I'm probably not that smart, so it just doesn't fit in my head how an adult sane person can be "milked" by a random game developer. What is this, some kind of cult where you are persuaded to give them everything you have? You can't stop donating any time you want? Are you not allowed to donate only after the developer has shown some progress? (I personally do not agree with the last sentence, a donation for me means a token of gratitude that is not tied to some milestones in the development of the game, but that's just me.) Anyway, this is more likely to indicate that you do not know how to manage your finances than that the developer is a cunning milker.
It's because they get mad that other people are making money doing things they cannot. My personal belief is if they could, they would have produced the most wonderful VNs and games imaginable, but they don't.

If we all quietly ignore them, maybe they will go away. :ROFLMAO:

Harsh 007

Jun 7, 2018
can someone tell me the tags swinging & sharing.....is it completely avoidable......? don't want girls for anyone other than mc...

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
can someone tell me the tags swinging & sharing.....is it completely avoidable......? don't want girls for anyone other than mc...
Haven't played this one in a while but, think those are just planned tags. I don't remember anything like that in game, I'm sure if they are added it will be avoidable.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
In the changelog, he says Emily path closing scene, I thought this game was going to be an only Emily path, was there a change of plan? To be honest, I prefer Ashley

Kirel

Mar 18, 2018
The dev said this on his Discord about endings:

"There is a "happy ending" and it's with Em. Whether that's marriage or not I won't say. There is also another ending. Where the MC moves on with his life and leaves the HH and everyone else behind. What ending there isn't, tho (and the source of all the confusion) is that there is no planned ending where the MC ends up with Ash or Sam or any other girl."

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
In the changelog, he says Emily path closing scene, I thought this game was going to be an only Emily path, was there a change of plan? To be honest, I prefer Ashley
He meant the Emily path closing scene for the release, or, said another way, the last scene on the release is an Emily scene, and I take it that's what he's working on finishing right now (don't feel like searching but that's what I recall). Just because you don't like cute little redheads, don't be so dismissive - most of the rest of us like her. ;)

4.30 star(s) 178 Votes