ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Can't see how anyone can defend this Dev or any of the others that go a year plus without update would be a different story if the on hold tag was here but it's not I hate using the word milker but this sure looks like one
read up a few posts to wildwild6896 spoilers about janurary ;)

Francodomanda

Jun 10, 2022
The saddest thing is not the waiting for this update, but AFTER this. After 20 months of waiting, for what? The game won't be completed, it will probably just have, if we are luck, an hour more of content. And after that, there will be another waiting, probably more than 20 months.
This game have an enormous potential, but is wasted, because let be honest, it won't never end, with this schedule.

torgpolariski

Oct 11, 2021
The saddest thing is not the waiting for this update, but AFTER this. After 20 months of waiting, for what? The game won't be completed, it will probably just have, if we are luck, an hour more of content. And after that, there will be another waiting, probably more than 20 months.
This game have an enormous potential, but is wasted, because let be honest, it won't never end, with this schedule.
yeah, its not like the dev couldn't get some help with this, because this story is so very good. Too bad he is apparently not working on it alot. I mean, tolkien didn't take THIS long....

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
what's GRRM?
George R.R. Martin - A Song of Fire and Ice.

There are supposed to be seven books in the series; the first was published in 1996; the fifth and most recent in 2011. A publication date for the next book in the series has yet to be provided - it's been nearly 12 years.

• Haha

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
George R.R. Martin - A Song of Fire and Ice.

There are supposed to be seven books in the series; the first was published in 1996; the fifth and most recent in 2011. A publication date for the next book in the series has yet to be provided - it's been nearly 12 years.
Ha! I can easily top that.

Tolkiens The Silmarillion was written in a timeframe about roughly 50(!) years. ;)

Reactions: Penfold Mole

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

Tolkiens The Silmarillion was written in a timeframe about roughly 50(!) years. ;)
Yea, but I don't think anyone was expecting it ... pretty sure his son took his notes and outlines and other background writings that were used to flesh out Middle-Earth's history and put that together after he passed.

Reactions: Steppenwolf

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Well, aside from all the grief and pain that running through this thread, it looks like the developer is quite active on Discord, claims that he's not dead and basically to finish episode 10 he needs to finish rendering the final animation with Sam, finalize one big scene, create another big scene with Emily from scratch and two smaller other scenes, and do some postwork such as audio polishing, proofreading, and final game playtesting.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Grelk and Tremonia

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Could be meaning anything from a few days to months.
Months most likely. His estimate for the last part, the postwork, is a week or two, so it's not hard to extrapolate the time needed to complete the rest of the work :HideThePain: But he is working on the game, which gives me cautious optimism.

• Haha
Reactions: Grelk

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Well, aside from all the grief and pain that running through this thread, it looks like the developer is quite active on Discord, claims that he's not dead and basically to finish episode 10 he needs to finish rendering the final animation with Sam, finalize one big scene, create another big scene with Emily from scratch and two smaller other scenes, and do some postwork such as audio polishing, proofreading, and final game playtesting.
So another year, nice.

• Angry
Reactions: SerHawkes

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021

Tolkein didn't write "The Silmarillion". It was compiled and edited into a coherent collection from his notes, short stories, other musings and drawings by his son, Christopher. There are many other books and writings which followed, also compiled and edited by Christopher.

If you're going to try to dunk on me, pick something I don't know about and haven't read.

You could have also paid attention to my name and picture.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Tolkein didn't write "The Silmarillion". It was compiled and edited into a coherent collection from his notes, short stories, other musings and drawings by his son, Christopher. There are many other books and writings which followed, also compiled and edited by Christopher.

If you're going to try to dunk on me, pick something I don't know about and haven't read.
Yea, yea, dunk on my reply by actually NAMING his son. :p

• Haha
Reactions: Son of Durin

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Yea, yea, dunk on my reply by actually NAMING his son. :p
Apologies. I wrote mine before I read the comments that followed.

Sadly, Christopher passed about two(?) years ago, and HIS son is the waste case that consulted on Rings of Power. He fell far from the tree and has come out as saying he really isn't into his grandpa's stuff and doesn't really care about respecting the integrity of his body of work (I paraphrase, but that was the gist).

• Sad
4.30 star(s) 182 Votes