mileduets

Mar 13, 2018
Well... Everyone has their reasons and I think they all find them "good"... But that doesn't mean I have to agree with them.

Also, pissing off your abusive parents is a REALLY stupid reason... I mean, you are rich and they are greedy, if you want to commit a crime to piss them, steal a bunch of money and run away, I think that will be more effective.
YES. stupid decisions indeed, but so what? Remember Ashley at the time she did it was a impulsive teenager making stupid decisions - that's why she landed in the Halfway House after all. That doesn't prevent her from becoming a likeable character in the story. This story is not about super heroes, much rather fallen individuals growing up and changing for the better.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Mod hasn't been updated, never play a new update with an old mod, that never works. Check the links in the OP for the mod.

I like the story, and really like the girls....but almost 2 years so far and hardly any content at all.

An anal scene with one, a bj with another, and just some flashing with the 3rd....after 2 years.
"hardly any content" is subjective, as has been mentioned here and in many other threads, a trend in VN's is that they tend to build up a story before any lewd scenes which will come when it fits the story. Check Summers Gone and The Deluca Family for a hint how it should be done (didn't mean this game is doing it wrong, just those 2 does it perfectly).

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
"hardly any content" is subjective, as has been mentioned here and in many other threads, a trend in VN's is that they tend to build up a story before any lewd scenes which will come when it fits the story. Check Summers Gone and The Deluca Family for a hint how it should be done (didn't mean this game is doing it wrong, just those 2 does it perfectly).
Eh sure its subjective, but i'd like to hear the argument that it has plenty of content for something in development for almost 2 years. There are...what 5 total scenes? Across all characters. Building up story is fine, and encouraged but 2 years? Come on.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Eh sure its subjective, but i'd like to hear the argument that it has plenty of content for something in development for almost 2 years. There are...what 5 total scenes? Across all characters. Building up story is fine, and encouraged but 2 years? Come on.
Development time is irrelevant to me as many of these devs do this in their spare time and I have no problem with a slow burn. Would I prefer that we got 2 big updates a month, of course but that is just wishful thinking.

As long as the dev is working on it i'm fine with it.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I hope so too, but my expectation is that it will end up like RoyalCandy's No More Secrets and rush the ending to tie up most loose ends in a single episode.
Why? What on Earth makes you think that? For one thing, these 2 games are entirely different in many ways, most notably in the story and world-building. NMS was a fuck-em-all game with a very thin premise and very basic story, whereas HH is a much more story-driven game and puts that story ahead of the sex scenes which allow it to build real relationships between the characters as well giving the characters a lot more depth.

NMS felt rushed because it was almost impossible to tie up all those loose ends and have it all end on a happy note with every character you'd been fucking, especially since you could fuck every female character until that finale without any problem. This game, on the other hand, feels much more under control in terms of the handlig of the overall story as well as the individual character stories and is building towards a satisfying conclusion that will not need to be rushed because the groundwork is being laid for everything to make sense at the end and not feel rushed.

I like the story, and really like the girls....but almost 2 years so far and hardly any content at all.

An anal scene with one, a bj with another, and just some flashing with the 3rd....after 2 years.
For one thing, this is a story-driven game, so sex scenes aren't the feature, they're the bonus, but mainly this is a game with what certainly looks like a relatively high production value given the quality of the renders and being produced by one person, so it's not going to be done quickly.

Honestly, the number of people who complain about games taking "too long" is probably in the top 5 list of "most annoying types of comments made" on this site. It's like you think this is easy work and a full game of this calibre can be completed in a year. :rolleyes: Maybe if all these devs were working in teams of 10 or more people it could be, but 99% are solo devs and I'd even say that about 90% are doing it in their spare time because they have full-time jobs or simply have other commitments in life besides developing an adult game 24/7.

Cool'Thulhu

Sep 24, 2017
YES. stupid decisions indeed, but so what? Remember Ashley at the time she did it was a impulsive teenager making stupid decisions - that's why she landed in the Halfway House after all. That doesn't prevent her from becoming a likeable character in the story. This story is not about super heroes, much rather fallen individuals growing up and changing for the better.
You really didn't get my point though, I never said i didn't like her, i said i didn't sympathize with her...
I mean, I couldn't care less that she ended up that way, I don't care that she was disowned, I don't care about the issues that she has now with her family...
Because she brought that upon herself in the most stupid way, take Emily for example, her "mistake" (even if you don't agree with her) could be justified since it's was for a friend.
So yeah, her, what you call "stupid decision", was stupid, ineffective, and messed up the only family relationship that she apparently liked before all this, and i'm sorry but even though i could like her, I just can't feel empathy for her.

Reactions: ut1stgear1

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Clearly you have a very narrow view of "content" if all that means to you is sex scenes. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, this game actually does have lots of content in its well-written story, the depth of the personalities of the different characters, the development of their relationships with the MC, and the number of renders this game has (3465 currently, which is huge compared to some other games).

You really didn't get my point though, I never said i didn't like her, i said i didn't sympathize with her...
I mean, I couldn't care less that she ended up that way, I don't care that she was disowned, I don't care about the issues that she has now with her family...
Because she brought that upon herself in the most stupid way, take Emily for example, her "mistake" (even if you don't agree with her) could be justified since it's was for a friend.
So yeah, her, what you call "stupid decision", was stupid, ineffective, and messed up the only family relationship that she apparently liked before all this, and i'm sorry but even though i could like her, I just can't feel empathy for her.
"I don't blame people for their mistakes, but I do ask that they pay for them." - John Hammond (Sir Richard Attenborough), Jurassic Park.

Ashley made some very wreckless and impulsive mistakes when she was younger and she has paid a hefty price for them, but I don't think it's right to heap so much blame on Ashley and to say that she's beyond sympathy and empathy.

As she said, she didn't anticipate things being quite as bad as they turned out to be and this is a very common trait among young people. They think themselves invincible and that everything will work for them because they have the naivety of youth, and this is why it so often takes a harsh kick of reality up the arse to make them realise that there are consequences for their actions. This is what's happened to Ashley and now she not only has a chance to confront the fallout from her actions and acknowledge her mistakes, but she also has the chance to at least make some amends for them, particularly with Ashlyn.

It's important character growth for her to confront this and I think that, if she can let that prideful wall down just a little and show the remorse that I'm sure she has for at least not thinking about what her actions would do to Ashlyn, then I think you'll see a much more sympathetic side to her and further relevation of exactly what her parents put her through that made her want to rebel will build the empathy for what is likely to be a loveless and extremely controlling parent/child relationship.

Reactions: hdtv11 and Dyhart

Cool'Thulhu

Sep 24, 2017
I don't think it's right to heap so much blame on Ashley and to say that she's beyond sympathy and empathy.
Hey, I'm sorry if I sound rude but, that's my PERSONAL OPINION, i'm far from being a good person, you can feel sympathy and empathy all you want, i didn't say you couldn't, even if find her actions AND her motives utterly stupids, i don't think she is a bad person, cause most of the bad things she cause was upon herself... I don't think she's beyond sympathy and empathy, but in my PERSONAL OPINION, underage prostitution is not just a "stupid mistake".

OBS: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: sorry if you read the previous incomplete comment, I pressed TAB instead o CAPS and then SPACE so it was something like: "Hey, that's my PERSONAL OPINION"... Pretty rude without a context, right? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

mangers99

Feb 26, 2018
I do understand, but the " build up " is often use as an excuse to drag the game longer than it needs, because " build up " and simple dialogues are easier and less tiring to make than sex scenes.
Gotta admit, most games try to be too expletive. You have a world at the ready, just flow with it. Those neighbourhood kids; smack 'em. That sis, use some playful banter if you gonna bang eventually. No need to try and question your own emotions when in you're "18". That should be locked by the time you're 12.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I disagree. I think this game has done a very good job in that regard because this is a game that's doing its level best to create a sense of realism and to ground the overall story with characters that have a great deal of depth and individual personality. As such, with the exception of Ashley, they aren't the type to just hop on the good foot and do the bad thing the instant they see the MC.

Samantha obviously has a supervisory, almost motherly role, towards those in her charge, so doing anything sexual with them is a serious breach of her duty and could land in her in a lot of trouble, and Emily is not simply inexperienced but also seems to have some deep-seated issues with regards to intimacy and guys in general due to her past. So both of these characters require a lot of work to first of all make them accept the MC as a sexual prospect and then to actually act on that desire.

This is why we have Ashley, so that there can still be sexual content as she occupies the role of the more sexually liberal and uninhibited one. So what sex/lewd scenes we have had fit perfectly well within the context of the story and world that the dev has created, and it actually makes it more worthwhile to not be so packed with sex/lewd scenes because you get to know the characters that much better before getting down to business and it will make those scenes, when they do come, so much more enjoyable than if they had just been simple nymphos from the very start.

Reactions: rochester

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I disagree. I think this game has done a very good job in that regard because this is a game that's doing its level best to create a sense of realism and to ground the overall story with characters that have a great deal of depth and individual personality. As such, with the exception of Ashley, they aren't the type to just hop on the good foot and do the bad thing the instant they see the MC.

Samantha obviously has a supervisory, almost motherly role, towards those in her charge, so doing anything sexual with them is a serious breach of her duty and could land in her in a lot of trouble, and Emily is not simply inexperienced but also seems to have some deep-seated issues with regards to intimacy and guys in general due to her past. So both of these characters require a lot of work to first of all make them accept the MC as a sexual prospect and then to actually act on that desire.

This is why we have Ashley, so that there can still be sexual content as she occupies the role of the more sexually liberal and uninhibited one. So what sex/lewd scenes we have had fit perfectly well within the context of the story and world that the dev has created, and it actually makes it more worthwhile to not be so packed with sex/lewd scenes because you get to know the characters that much better before getting down to business and it will make those scenes, when they do come, so much more enjoyable than if they had just been simple nymphos from the very start.
I have no objections regarding the main "cast"/ladies, though i would love to have some action with Sam and Ash obviously, I can understand slow burn there. Yet usually a way to bypass the slow burn/build up with the main characters is to introduce a few side-chicks which could have some hot-action quite easily, while still preserving slow/realistic main build-up.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I have no objections regarding the main "cast"/ladies, though i would love to have some action with Sam and Ash obviously, I can understand slow burn there. Yet usually a way to bypass the slow burn/build up with the main characters is to introduce a few side-chicks which could have some hot-action quite easily, while still preserving slow/realistic main build-up.
I get that people want lots of sexy action in these games, but I think too many games pack in too many main girls/side girls/one-time-only girls that having a game with a minimal set of female characters can be much better and is a much needed breath of fresh air. It allows the game to be much more focused because the dev isn't having to juggle so many characters, all with their own individual fanbases constantly demanding more content with their favourite gals, and helps give it that more grounded realism feeling because having the MC suddenly be attractive to 10+ women is not only farfetched but also can get a bit too samey when it's done in several different game.

With this game, it's not about the pursuit of sex/lewd scenes, it's about the investment in the story and the characters, and if people can't get on board with that, well, that's their loss if they can't appreciate a good story.

Reactions: Llawless

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
because " build up " and simple dialogues are easier and less tiring to make than sex scenes.
they're not though. writing and making the build up scenes is EXHAUSTING and boring, where as making the dirty stuff is what we'd all like to do every day all day. when you make build up you have to continuously fight the incredibly strong urge to go too far too early. you keep slipping, then deleting because it's ruining the tension you're trying to create so hard.

making the build up scenes is like saying "just the tip" but NOT pushing all the way in. incredibly difficult to keep yourself in check.

Reactions: Otaku_Bob

Dictateur

Aug 7, 2016
they're not though. writing and making the build up scenes is EXHAUSTING and boring, where as making the dirty stuff is what we'd all like to do every day all day. when you make build up you have to continuously fight the incredibly strong urge to go too far too early. you keep slipping, then deleting because it's ruining the tension you're trying to create so hard.

making the build up scenes is like saying "just the tip" but NOT pushing all the way in. incredibly difficult to keep yourself in check.
I was more thinking about posing, animating when there's animation and stuff like that. But I believe you, and when I say building, I meant basic story dialogues and stuff

4.30 star(s) 178 Votes