Rintal

May 6, 2017
Well like my father use to say god rest his sole. "If you not part of the solution then your part of the problem." So sit down and be quite and let the adults work.
Bro... Are you on drugs or rambling some nonsense it's just your hobby?

Anon E

Nov 3, 2020
Cores are useless for rendering. Everything goes through the Cuda core of the GPU.
I have two RTX3090 and rendering for JASON takes me between 10 and 30 minutes depending on the scene.
You multiply by 600 (average number of renders per update) and you add the time to create the scenes and you have the astronomical amount of time it takes to create just the renders. Add the dialogues, the code, the music and it's immediately very time consuming.
Wouldn't workstation gpus be much better for rendering than gaming-centered gpus?

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Wouldn't workstation gpus be much better for rendering than gaming-centered gpus?
In terms of VRAM, almost always, but the cost v. performance ratio usually skews heavily towards the gamer demographic.

AslanBalaur

Nov 16, 2020
Well I for one love BaD but after 6 months stop supporting him. He was very clear and upfront on patreon that his updates would come out slowly and he even stated he understood if you withdrew support. I have and am supporting other Devs and will for a little while and then I cut it off. I'm not made of $$ but do like to support as I can. That's just me though I do not feel I have been taken advantage of because I don't let it happen. I even support this game for 3 months and then cut it off. When I feel a dev has done a good job with an update or 2 I support for a few months. Just a thought for some people out there.
Maybe if he wasted less time on "Bonus Renders" he'd get more work done on updates, and people might be more inclined to support him. (And by "Bonus" I mean BOGUS!)

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Oh my, a funny one ( at least you think so...)
And ignored
Same here, but when I saw your comment, I guessed what it was and briefly dropped back in. ;)

I guess what some people don't get is that Devs render all kinds of non-game pics to test poses, scenes, lighting, etc., and may have things that were abandoned ideas or for future development. Most of what gets released probably isn't "extra" work, but practice and honing. Obvious sign of someone that doesn't have a job (should I stop here?) that requires skill, learning and attention to detail.

malak@s

Dec 26, 2018
I played the game recently and enjoyed it.
Update was March or late February.... Soooo are close to an update or new painful orange tag?
Pls post something positive :LOL: about the future of this game.

Reactions: JuniorAT

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
I understand if BADIK kind of games need 6 months or more for development of their update, but most games actually not justify their long process considering their quality and quantity of the graphic and the story.
True enough, but for BaDIK the dev has at least 3 dedicated machines currently running pairs of 3090 cards, he's a beast on the rendering, and a I think it's fair to say a number of his renders lack the 'life' of what we get here. Those little details matter.

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
True enough, but for BaDIK the dev has at least 3 dedicated machines currently running pairs of 3090 cards, he's a beast on the rendering, and a I think it's fair to say a number of his renders lack the 'life' of what we get here. Those little details matter.
I agree. What I really like about this game is that I can see clear details of the nice background, not something murky like in other games.

Reactions: Ilhares
4.30 star(s) 182 Votes