Unity Completed Hana Exposure! A Blooming Flower~ [v1.04] [Flimsy]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes
D

Deleted member 187590

Not gonna tell everything bc I want everyone to support this creator.

In short, he kept working, revamped POIs, no more placeholders, more detailed enviroment, daycicle system with functionality (p.e. nps at bar but only at dusk), skyboxes and chibis.
My bet is that he will reveal the third character in 2 weeks and release on 3-4, depending on the new additions.

I really like this project, developer keeps working hard, and if people start supporting him development will speed up a lot.
I mean, if you like the game, just 1$/month (not even a coffee) would help a lot.

DO3460

May 12, 2019
If he didn't encouter problems he told that the update would come out in August, so there is still hope, even the last post he wrote is signed 1th August.
oh who knows, id be great if it came out in this month but we will see

wodthehunter

Mar 26, 2020
that appears when you spam the text to my knowlage just click slower
I just hit the same bug. It is unrelated to text scroll speed. I've got 3 petals on the exhibitionist flower, can use a short towel in the bath, and a long one to work. Working first, and then attempting to use the onsen will leave you stuck in the yes no loop, and hitting yes continually drains 60gil at a time. I haven't run into the others he mentioned.

I love the game so far, the art style is amazing. When I find a job myself I'm going to try to donate to Devs patreon. This is exactly the kind of exhibitionist schlock I enjoy :)
While temporarily unemployed, I've been playing with learning asset creation and game engines (super new), and I think if I'm basically going to have to learn to code python to get a decent game in renpy, and learn blender (or something similar) to get decent assets (I cant draw for shit) I'd might as well just go unity and see about making a low res 3d title as a navigation between scenes. And then I stumbled upon this piece of art. I love it. Thanks for the hard work dev. Looks great.

skryks

Mar 16, 2018

Alright, barely still Monday, but here's the progress log, so what has been done since July?
Wrapped up the pool and bathhouse revamp. The overall mesh for the pool was drastically improved and in the process saw some minor layout changes, retexturing, a few new assets were added to fill up the pool a bit more, and various assets saw some major mesh overhauls in order to match the actual size of the world characters (lifeguard chair was too big, pool was too deep, beds at poolside were too big, etc).
Major revamp for the bathhouse, was never really a fan of the texture, but I did like the layout, so when recreating it in the blender (bathhouse was still using unity's default meshes), the layout remained mostly the same with some minor tweaks. However, the textures and overall aesthetic have been changed drastically. Huge fan of it now!
Ended up going back to do some minor retexturing to the revamped clothing shop and workshop, as the textures for both looked a bit dull. Also, when testing in engine, I found they had some light bleeding issues that became apparent with the real time lighting.
After some tweaks the textures are now more colorful and look a lot better with the various lighting settings of the day cycle system. As for the the light bleeding, I did a bunch of tedious improvements to the meshes that I originally felt weren't necessary. Now there's pretty much no light bleeding.
Now, aside from adding the NPCs and adding the mini version of the new POIs, I didn't plan on touching the town for the rest of this update, but ended up giving it more attention so as to keep the promise of no more placeholders for v0.5, so new bridges were added, new signs, and the mini Inn was completely revamped as well.
Then went ahead and recreated the road in blender in order to give me more control over it, and to be able to do some optimizations. For the optimizing side of things, basically there used to be 4 assets for the road, straight, small straight, curve, and small curve. These assets were copied and pasted throughout the whole town in order to make the road, and this is a big no no as doing it this way resulted in a road of 100+ objects which is something that Unity doesn't really like, so went on to recreate the town's road layout in blender, and turned it into a single object, so now Unity only has to load 1 object, as opposed to 100+ objects. Also, while doing that optimization I went ahead and shaved off the bottom faces of the road rocks since they couldn't even be seen as they were under the map, bringing the total face count of the whole road from 75k~ to 55k~. These two optimizations should result in a decent performance boost and a bit shorter load times.
Now, with this improvement I also gained more control over the road, so I went ahead and did a bunch of tweaks in order to make the town look a lot better, and to make it feel a lot more spacious without actually making the town bigger.
Again, nothing huge, but it's an important improvement.
Due to the POI revamps 90%-ish of the CGs need to have their backgrounds remade from scratch, which I'm hoping won't take too long.
Now it's time for the code. Started coding the routine for the prologue and was faced right away with some problems. Basically so far I've only connected routines to normal dialogue, not the dialogue that involves CGs and as it turns out, it all becomes a glitchy mess when you connect them to a CG piece of dialogue. Anyway, in order to make that possible, I've been dismantling and updating some chunks of the code. These improvements, should make possible the routines needed for the prologue, some routines for v0.6 events, and should also fix the dialogue loop bathhouse/pool glitch.
Anyway, that's it for now. Almost done!
Thank you for supporting the development off Hana's Exposure!

I dont know which Monday he mean

DO3460

May 12, 2019
hard to believe the progress log is honest with no updates in months.
well from what ive seen its like a very huge update, so i guess its justified that it takes a few months, lets just wait and see if the update keeps up to its promise when its out

wannaka99

Apr 4, 2019
Well first of all it's a unity game not a basic rpgm like everything else and he is also getting only 270 dollars per month which is nothing really lol. Not really mad that it's taking some time.

D

Deleted member 187590

I agree, i've been supporting him for months and he regularly updates his patreon.

Here's the latest update, 3 weeks ago:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think he will release the update arround October 1st.
If you like this game, please, support it. I get it I've been a lurker for years, but "small" creators like this one get ridiculous income and feedback. It only takes "a coffee" for supporting them and it will keep the project alive, speed up the process and make someone's day.

caschque

Feb 5, 2018
As far as I understood, this update contains mostly upgrading the framework and mechanics. And just a few scenes. So it rather feels more fluent to play than that there will be more escalation and scenes.
(i am supporting him too)

I could imagine quite a few people will be sad because they expect more content which they can see.

The upside will be that then the author can easier and of course quicker create viewable content. (which leads to more updates)

But, I am not sure how much to trust somebody who mentions an ETA but takes a lot longer.

I have seen a few examples where this happens too and suddenly they just abandon it without even saying a word... (though my gut feeling tells me, this wont happen here.)

D

Deleted member 187590

Update will be out any time from now, I bet it will be tomorrow.

I could imagine quite a few people will be sad because they expect more content which they can see.
I agree, that's the usual thing with h games. Some people want genuine games, good mechanics, a decent script, and some other people just want the CG's. I usually go for the last one, but I can appreciate the work behind it.

As the creator said, the update will be a complete revamp, lots of engine things and just 3-5 new CG's. The counterpart, as @Caschque said, is that those changes will led to quicker content creation and just focus on drawing.

I genuinely believe that with all that work behind the engine the creator won't abandon, maybe when the development speeds up and includes more CG people will show more appreciation.

Anyways, if you like this update, please show some support, become a member on Patreon, or just spread the work, it will help keeping the project alive.

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes