Unity Completed Hana Exposure! A Blooming Flower~ [v1.04] [Flimsy]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

Mr.Johnson

Oct 31, 2019
My native language is also Japanese, not English.
My English grades at school were terrible.
I cannot understand even short sentences without using a dictionary or translation service.

However, when I post here, I make an effort to avoid misunderstandings by cross-translating several times using translation tools (which are free on the web).
I am also careful not to cause discomfort to the reader.
This is because I think it is the minimum manner.

I feel that his words and actions up to this point are beyond the pale.
Without pause, he keeps asking "when is the next update?", demanding "tell me what the patreon update is", and has been ranting "why does it take so long to make the game?". And usually with a "mad" emoticon.
As long as he is playing adult games and posting here, he must be an adult.
It is not a question of whether or not English is his native language.

I think you are right about the following points.
Whether or not to support a creator is his/her choice and should not be forced (but if you don't support them, you should know your place).
It is not acceptable to post false information on Patreon that a specific update date has been announced.

Last edited:

yhbt

Jun 20, 2017
Dude is impatient yes. He's not demanding a faster release however and is not trying to hurry anyone. He hasn't once demanded it released immediatly or faster. And y'know there can be any number of reasons someone isn't supporting a developer financially. They could have no disposable income for example. Also I'm going out on a guess here and say that this persons english skills are rudimentary at best. It might be entirely possible that they do not intend to come across as as they are, but that's hard to do when they barely even speak the language. Their mother tonque seems to be a cyrilic language and most of their replies in english are extremly short so I'd hazard this guess as accurate. Just try to have a little consideration.
I usually just ignore spam, but since you're reacting so hard in his defence I'll just say that this Pikachu0062 has been spamposting in the thread every few weeks just saying: "Where is the release at?? :mad::mad::mad:". On many forums, posts like that would get him permabanned, but not sure about f95. Half his current posts are here, and his posts in other threads are similar "How to download??" and "New update, post it for me!" posts.

He obviously hasn't been following this game since early on, and likely just discovered it in the recent update. As someone who has been following the thread, posts like that add nothing to the thread while it gives me a notification that there are new posts. He also keeps getting "likes" and reaction score for his spam, even if they are negative reactions.

Whether he supports Flimsy economically or not has nothing to do with the annoyance.

Libelle

Jul 17, 2017
I usually just ignore spam, but since you're reacting so hard in his defence I'll just say that this Pikachu0062 has been spamposting in the thread every few weeks just saying: "Where is the release at?? :mad::mad::mad:". On many forums, posts like that would get him permabanned, but not sure about f95. Half his current posts are here, and his posts in other threads are similar "How to download??" and "New update, post it for me!" posts.

He obviously hasn't been following this game since early on, and likely just discovered it in the recent update. As someone who has been following the thread, posts like that add nothing to the thread while it gives me a notification that there are new posts. He also keeps getting "likes" and reaction score for his spam, even if they are negative reactions.

Whether he supports Flimsy economically or not has nothing to do with the annoyance.
Okay... but wether he was annoying or not wasn't even part of the conversation until you brought it up just now. And how am I acting hard in defense?
My first post was in response to someone making a post insinuating that patreons have a release date, which isn't true. And at that point it wasn't even about that guy in particular for me. It was more of a response because someone had mislead people earlier in this thread already with a fake release date. The person I responded to does not seem to have understood that and you seemingly neither.
My second post in this case was just... asking to be a bit considerate for someone that might have trouble even recognizing how they comes across. Which in my eyes isn't "Hard in defense of someone" but rather just beeing able to overlook something done with possibly no ill intent.

Habayashi

May 14, 2022
It's been quite long since a game was this fun, the dialogues are funny and how Hana becomes naughtier and naughtier if am absolute win for me, looking forward to the finished version and for possible sequels or dlc, where will we be able to buy the finished version or where can I help sponsor this project?

Libelle

Jul 17, 2017
It's been quite long since a game was this fun, the dialogues are funny and how Hana becomes naughtier and naughtier if am absolute win for me, looking forward to the finished version and for possible sequels or dlc, where will we be able to buy the finished version or where can I help sponsor this project?
Patreon is linked in the first post and the link is up to date. That's where you can do that

Reactions: Dariusex007

mafumafu98

Jan 8, 2022
On the one hand, I'm waiting for the final version to come out. On the other hand, I don't want it to come out. Because then there wouldn't be any games with exposure theme worth waiting for. =(
I hope the author will take his time and be able to make the finale the way he sees it.

ninja600

Mar 5, 2019
On the one hand, I'm waiting for the final version to come out. On the other hand, I don't want it to come out. Because then there wouldn't be any games with exposure theme worth waiting for. =(
I hope the author will take his time and be able to make the finale the way he sees it.
we don't know what it will be about but author did say he plans to make another game after hana's exposure. so who knows. :unsure:

masketta-man

Jun 6, 2022
It pains me to see Flimsy's patreon post talk at length about taking lots of time doing programming tasks and whatever. I fully appreciate that context switching between art > writing > coding means your productivity generally slows down, but holy shit the technical complexity of this game is close to something I can crack out in a 3 day - 1 week timescale.

I don't say that to try and throw shade at Flimsy's programming skills, more like having 1 person do the work of 3/4 is making the whole project slow down a bunch. I would happily throw myself at this project for free and handle all the programming tasks if it means the game is finished by next month instead of like May. Put me in the credits as angry horny code fucker or something I dont care.

Does it frustrate other experienced dev's here that these projects are closed source?

Pikachu0062

Apr 28, 2022
it's been more than 6 months I can't believe that the developer has been making the game for so long it looks like he's just collecting money from subscribers translated by google taranslate

:mad:

yhbt

Jun 20, 2017
the technical complexity of this game is close to something I can crack out in a 3 day - 1 week timescale.
I think it would be fairly safe to assume that they are not an experienced coder, and is probably learning stuff as they go, being more of a hobby coder. Unity can be used by both skilled and inexperienced devs. While the complete game has been taking longer than they originally planned on (and especially so due to the scripting), hopefully Flimsy's art skills and content ideas allow for more content in the future once the base scripts have been developed and debugged.

As for Pikachu0062, you could go check out the RPGM games by nijiirononiji while you're waiting. Flimsy made a decent amount of this game back in 2019-20, then there was a long while without much new content until this recent 2022 update. Perhaps just forget about the game for a while, and then one day there will suddenly be a new update.

lemaro

May 11, 2021
Thanks all for the update, I am not a subscriber and got the sense it might be coming soonish because of the post in Dec about it being almost complete. This helps set (or more accurate to say remove) expectations. Thanks for the suggestions of similar games yhbt!

bananaphony

Sep 6, 2018
First progress log of the year!

I added one more activity to the game which takes place in the town, and will provide Hana with an additional event at every level. The reason I added this despite the game already being content complete, is because there was CG made for the epilogue which also fit a previous idea I had for a set of events in the town. So, I decided to go ahead and give this CG a bit more usage.

Though I am calling it an activity, it's not exactly the same as the other activities in the game. This one is a single event that can be interacted with without first having to start an activity, unlike the other activities. It can be viewed once per level when roaming around the town. This "activity" is only a single event, but it does have the same level of importance as the other activities by it being a requirement for Hana to be able to level up.

The settings menu and the map with the objective tracker are both done. And with that, the only thing left for the base game to be complete is adding sound.

Other than those few things, there's been a lot of polishing going on with the dialogue and events. An issue in particular was the general manner in which Hana spoke in older dialogue. The manner in which Hana speaks has slightly changed over time, with some traits only being solidified as of v0.6, and so I've gone through a lot of the older dialogue and updated it for it to better match Hana.

While doing these updates, I have also gone back to update the dialogue and flow of the majority of the older events as they really needed it. There were a few that needed more than just a light update, and so I ended up rewriting them from scratch.

It's hard to put into perspective just how much dialogue work and polishing has been made, but it's a lot.

So, the game is borderline complete. Is there a release time window? Yes, but first I need to share a few more details around this.

CGs and sprites. There is still a lot of them in the works. In particular 6 whole CGs and a many other sprites used for various things. All of these assets will likely take around 2 to 3 more months to wrap up.

So, even though the base game is going to be wrapped up soon, it won't be able to be released until those CGs are complete.

I've known for some time that the CGs wouldn't be done at the same time as the game, and so I have been messing around with the idea of making use of this idle time by adding one final feature to the game.

This feature isn't really a part of the base game, as it isn't needed for the game to be complete. It's more of a personal project, but it would also greatly benefit the game if it were to work. I've been chipping away at the technical side of it for a few months, and will shift my focus entirely towards doing the finishing touches on it once I am done with the sound stuff.

More on this feature in the next progress log.

The internal release goal is set for golden week, meaning early May. Which leaves us with 3 months.

Thank you for supporting the development of Hana's Exposure!

DarkBird

Jul 13, 2020
First progress log of the year!

I added one more activity to the game which takes place in the town, and will provide Hana with an additional event at every level. The reason I added this despite the game already being content complete, is because there was CG made for the epilogue which also fit a previous idea I had for a set of events in the town. So, I decided to go ahead and give this CG a bit more usage.

Though I am calling it an activity, it's not exactly the same as the other activities in the game. This one is a single event that can be interacted with without first having to start an activity, unlike the other activities. It can be viewed once per level when roaming around the town. This "activity" is only a single event, but it does have the same level of importance as the other activities by it being a requirement for Hana to be able to level up.

The settings menu and the map with the objective tracker are both done. And with that, the only thing left for the base game to be complete is adding sound.

Other than those few things, there's been a lot of polishing going on with the dialogue and events. An issue in particular was the general manner in which Hana spoke in older dialogue. The manner in which Hana speaks has slightly changed over time, with some traits only being solidified as of v0.6, and so I've gone through a lot of the older dialogue and updated it for it to better match Hana.

While doing these updates, I have also gone back to update the dialogue and flow of the majority of the older events as they really needed it. There were a few that needed more than just a light update, and so I ended up rewriting them from scratch.

It's hard to put into perspective just how much dialogue work and polishing has been made, but it's a lot.

So, the game is borderline complete. Is there a release time window? Yes, but first I need to share a few more details around this.

CGs and sprites. There is still a lot of them in the works. In particular 6 whole CGs and a many other sprites used for various things. All of these assets will likely take around 2 to 3 more months to wrap up.

So, even though the base game is going to be wrapped up soon, it won't be able to be released until those CGs are complete.

I've known for some time that the CGs wouldn't be done at the same time as the game, and so I have been messing around with the idea of making use of this idle time by adding one final feature to the game.

This feature isn't really a part of the base game, as it isn't needed for the game to be complete. It's more of a personal project, but it would also greatly benefit the game if it were to work. I've been chipping away at the technical side of it for a few months, and will shift my focus entirely towards doing the finishing touches on it once I am done with the sound stuff.

More on this feature in the next progress log.

The internal release goal is set for golden week, meaning early May. Which leaves us with 3 months.

Thank you for supporting the development of Hana's Exposure!
Thanks for sharing the progress log!

Someha

Sep 13, 2019
Any chance you could do something about all the loading screens?

Even just going into a different room in a single building gives you one.

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes