Unity Completed Hana Exposure! A Blooming Flower~ [v1.04] [Flimsy]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

FlimsyDev

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2019
You must watch it then. Best anime for me when I was 16, still the best 10 years later. On its final season now. Also, i think that kinda hairstyle would look great on your avatar/profile. The current one is also as cute as it is

All that said, I'll give this game a try
Yeah I've heard a lot of good things about it so it's been on my watch list for a while but since it has 300+ episodes I've been a bit hesitant to start it.

Great! let me know what you think.

Reactions: tuShua

tuShua

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I've heard a lot of good things about it so it's been on my watch list for a while but since it has 300+ episodes I've been a bit hesitant to start it.
yeah, the show is almost over since the final season only has 50 episodes. I guess waiting for the last episode would bebetter to avoid 1 week waiting for cliffhangers.
Great! let me know what you think.
I'll be sure to :D :coffee:

Coldknock

Oct 24, 2017
Am i the only one who isnt sure on how to save? And are there more bathouse scenes than just the peaking one?

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
Linux version works okay, still a bit laggy. Update is a bit short (other than bar redecoration, the three bath hotspots appear to be it) but definitely an improvement. My only gripe is the executable bit being murdered by compressing as zip but that can't be helped when using a Windows build machine.

horacetheslug

May 9, 2018
Loading the bar is apparently too much to handle and the game stops responding. This definitely looks like a game I want to play, but that's stopping me from doing anything.

FlimsyDev

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2019
Am i the only one who isnt sure on how to save? And are there more bathouse scenes than just the peaking one?
There's no save system yet, sorry!

Yeah there are 3 bath scenes in total, talk to the bathhouse owner (same way you would in the pub) to access the other 2.

Linux version works okay, still a bit laggy. Update is a bit short (other than bar redecoration, the three bath hotspots appear to be it) but definitely an improvement. My only gripe is the executable bit being murdered by compressing as zip but that can't be helped when using a Windows build machine.
If it's laggy try going on a lower quality setting, that should do it.

Yeah update is a bit short since the vast majority of time was spent on fixing stuff, adding a bunch of small stuff and modifying how some features worked.
(by the way, the bar events now have 3 stages instead of 2 in case you missed them)

Fortunately there didn't seem to be any major problems with v0.2, the only issues that I know of have been performance related which will be fixed over time, so most of the time I'll be spending on v0.3 should be to make new content instead of fixing things.

FlimsyDev

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2019
Loading the bar is apparently too much to handle and the game stops responding. This definitely looks like a game I want to play, but that's stopping me from doing anything.
I tested it on 3 different computers and one of them (the weakest of the bunch) did seem to have a bit of trouble loading the bar, it stopped responding and I thought it crashed but after like 3 minutes it finally loaded so it should eventually work out.

I believe it's due to the temporary lighting I've set up in the bar which is really expensive. The lighting will be reworked for some areas (pub included) to be more performance friendly in v0.3.

Reactions: horacetheslug

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
I believe it's due to the temporary lighting I've set up in the bar which is really expensive. The lighting will be reworked for some areas (pub included) to be more performance friendly in v0.3.
I did notice some lighting weirdness in the bar... if you go all the way to the back there's a point left of the table on the right where the floor suddenly gets a lot brighter.

You may want to consider baking lighting and shadows into the scene... I mean, it's not like you have moving lights or objects. It's an old technique which allows something to look like being lit yet requires zero lights.

raska42

Feb 16, 2018
While I like the over all idea, there are two things that are bugging me. I tend to be a bit on the harsher side (I let others focus on the stuff done well). Skip down to the bugs if you have trouble with harsher critiquing.

The minor thing. While the grammar is fine, the writing's kinda off. Bluntly put, it feels like you're trying to imitate the issues that go along with a game being translated from Japanese to English. It's more off-putting than charming, feels like a failed attempt to try to put in a pseudo-Japanese feel (maybe japanophiles would enjoy that, but I think that mostly ended 5-10 years ago). It's not something that'd make me stop playing, but it detracts.

The major thing. Her breast size is all over the place, both on sprites and in pictures. It runs the full range from flat/A-cup, to D-cup (you can get the full range in the bar). Personally I think she looks best in the pictues that have here around a B-cup, but just pick a size and stick with it. The random breast growth/shrinkage either needs an explination, or needs to be resolved.

Possible bug: Bar - wage goes up to 35 the second time she works there, drops down to 25 again after

Bug: Bathhouse - Wasn't able to get the bathing stuff to happen. For replication purposes, upon unlocking the bathhouse, she spoke with the attendant, she accepted the job, she 'spoke' with all the npc's in the room (went counter-clockwise), she worked (heart icon), she got paid, she spoke with the the attendant again (intro speech again). Exiting and re-entering the bathhouse didn't change anything, neither did using the inn. Maybe I just missed something, but repeating the intro speech seems like a bug regardless.

Mokey

Jun 27, 2018
LOVE the idea, can't wait to check out the execution. Too few games built around a light and fun exhibitionism theme.

FlimsyDev

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2019
There's some really good points here so I'll try to address all of them.

While I like the over all idea, there are two things that are bugging me. I tend to be a bit on the harsher side (I let others focus on the stuff done well). Skip down to the bugs if you have trouble with harsher critiquing.
Harsh true facts are for the most part the most accurate ones so I'm ok with them as they help me improve the game.

The minor thing. While the grammar is fine, the writing's kinda off. Bluntly put, it feels like you're trying to imitate the issues that go along with a game being translated from Japanese to English. It's more off-putting than charming, feels like a failed attempt to try to put in a pseudo-Japanese feel (maybe japanophiles would enjoy that, but I think that mostly ended 5-10 years ago). It's not something that'd make me stop playing, but it detracts.
Yeah I can definitely see myself doing that, most games I've played have been Japanese so I must be unconsciously writing all the dialogue in a way that resembles those Japanese games.

This is my first time writing dialogue and stuff so I'm not a pro at writing by any means. I'm hoping to improve my writing skills overtime and eventually rewrite some dialogues in a way that they don't seem off.

Really appreciate you pointing it out though, that way I can focus more on it!

The major thing. Her breast size is all over the place, both on sprites and in pictures. It runs the full range from flat/A-cup, to D-cup (you can get the full range in the bar). Personally I think she looks best in the pictues that have here around a B-cup, but just pick a size and stick with it. The random breast growth/shrinkage either needs an explination, or needs to be resolved.
Yeah back when the bar's CGs were made I was still figuring it out hence the different breast sizes.

On another note, the priority is to have the CGs have their appeal so sometimes due to certain angles and such we tend to make Hana's breasts a tab bit bigger. still, the ones in the bar are all over the place and they will be adjusted for 0.3 to resemble the CGs in the bathhouse which have a more consistent breast size.

Possible bug: Bar - wage goes up to 35 the second time she works there, drops down to 25 again after
Yeah Hana's wage increases per level but her wage going back from 35 to 25 is a bug (it did give you the proper amount of silver but the dialogue didn't reflect it).

I just fixed it so thanks for pointing it out!

Bug: Bathhouse - Wasn't able to get the bathing stuff to happen. For replication purposes, upon unlocking the bathhouse, she spoke with the attendant, she accepted the job, she 'spoke' with all the npc's in the room (went counter-clockwise), she worked (heart icon), she got paid, she spoke with the the attendant again (intro speech again). Exiting and re-entering the bathhouse didn't change anything, neither did using the inn. Maybe I just missed something, but repeating the intro speech seems like a bug regardless.
That's a bug but I can't seem to be able to replicate it, here's what I did:

Entered the bathhouse, talked to the attendant, started working, talked to the NPCs (which shouldn't affect in any way), triggered the event, got paid and then talked to the attendant again.
I did that and the dialogue had properly changed to the attendant offering Hana to use the bathhouse instead of the dialogue you get when talking to him for the first time, am I missing a step?

Alright that's all of it, there were a lot of thing here which will help me improve the game so I really appreciate all the feedback!

FlimsyDev

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2019
I did notice some lighting weirdness in the bar... if you go all the way to the back there's a point left of the table on the right where the floor suddenly gets a lot brighter.

You may want to consider baking lighting and shadows into the scene... I mean, it's not like you have moving lights or objects. It's an old technique which allows something to look like being lit yet requires zero lights.
Ah damn, most of the game's lights are baked but I forgot to rebake the bar's lights while doing some testing. the entire bar's lighting will be replaced for 0.3 so they'll probably stay unbaked unless there's a good amount of bugs to fix for a v0.22.

LOVE the idea, can't wait to check out the execution. Too few games built around a light and fun exhibitionism theme.
A light and fun game is indeed what I'm going for, I hope you stick around!

FlimsyDev

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2019
It seems a bit fast paced if the focus is going to be on exposure only.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's an understandable concern but I don't want the game to feel grindy by adding a bunch of artificial playtime and end up forcing the player to play through 100 days to clear the game, instead to make the game have a bit of a slower pace there will be a day cycle system (which I don't think I'll add in 0.3, perhaps I'll be able to add in 0.4) which will stop the players from clearing a level per day, for example:

Hana works at the pub in the morning, then she works at the bathhouse in the afternoon, then at the evening she uses the bathhouse, then at nighttime she works at [insert POI].

There will be more events to clear but once that fourth stage of the day cycle is done Hana will have to go sleep at the Inn so she can continue the next day. once this system is added it will take about 2 days for every courage level, so she would be showing her "hoo hah" on about day 6.

Lance Boyle

Aug 22, 2017
That's encouraging. I thought day 2 was done and dusted and you were going to add days on from there. I don't mind some grind when I like the artwork (and i do).

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Flimsycomb
This game is so... CUTE!!! :love:
Loving the concept, Hana is soooo cute and the 2D/3D thing is very refreshing from normal unity ventures. Reminds me of a Mario 2D game where you had the ability to go 3D :LOL:
Question is where is the game gonna go? Exposure focus or is she gonna end up whoring herself out? Wouldn't mind it being light and exposure focused (y)

FlimsyDev

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2019
I thought day 2 was done and dusted
The early game (days 1 - 3 as of now) will get a bunch of new content next update to flesh out everything so there is still a bit to go before they are done.

Flimsycomb
This game is so... CUTE!!! :love:
Loving the concept, Hana is soooo cute and the 2D/3D thing is very refreshing from normal unity ventures. Reminds me of a Mario 2D game where you had the ability to go 3D :LOL:
Question is where is the game gonna go? Exposure focus or is she gonna end up whoring herself out? Wouldn't mind it being light and exposure focused (y)
100% exposure focus. usually exhibitionism things end up with the mc whoring herself to oblivion but I am aiming for a calm game focused on exposure.

Thanks for the kind comments :D!

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes