ive_got-problems

Mar 21, 2018
Yeah, it seems like that mechanic was designed with a desktop / laptop keyboard in mind, not a mobile device. On my desktop machine, I just held both index fingers above the key in question and alternated tapping between them, like playing drums on the one key. I'd just move both fingers to a new key when it showed up.
Yeah, I finally ended up getting it after like my 15th try and having to roll back. By the time I saw what the next key was I was supposed to be pressing, the time bar was already half gone. And that was if I was lucky enough to get one that wasn't the D key lol. It certainly wasn't a fun experience in a game that's for sure. Hopefully like he said earlier you'll be able to skip it after you do it once, because I can't see myself wanting to do this again.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Seriously, devs need to stop breaking the saves in their games. Major turn-off at this point.
Decide what you want to include, add it and then start building content without constantly breaking save games.

Or check the forum for the thread about how to avoid breaking save games at all in many cases.

This, coupled with the needless abundance of qte minigames, makes this interesting game quite a chore to play.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
too much work involved to have fun...spend so much time trying to remember all the rules and clickables you forget to see the alleged story and such in front of you...this game is anti-immersion and made for yoots..not us grumpy oldens..so i'll pass on this.

tonny

Jun 14, 2017
I dont understand why people continue to ruin good games with crappy mini-games... the first time in class, was not to bad, but the 2nd time lol just terrible... repeatable tapping :sick: for no reason at all, other than breaking my keyboard faster... no thx!

Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
Seriously need to get rid of the fucking QTEs. I don't mind the part where you have to pay attention when somebody talking to try to read their mind. The other shit though dev must think everybody plays on Desktop and not laptops. Just give us a choice to pay attention to class or not. I know you got feedback for it.

Only 2 game franchises does QTEs right God of War and Yakuza series.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Seriously, devs need to stop breaking the saves in their games. Major turn-off at this point.
Decide what you want to include, add it and then start building content without constantly breaking save games.

Or check the forum for the thread about how to avoid breaking save games at all in many cases.

This, coupled with the needless abundance of qte minigames, makes this interesting game quite a chore to play.
I would agree, although this is supposedly an alpha build of the game, so even things like breaking saves aren't too surprising tbh. I'd def. still prefer if it didn't happen, though. Saved games feels like something you should have down before you get too far. Although there might be a lot more still to come for the game, Alpha 2 was long enough that it feels like saves (and what might affect them) should've been figured out by now.

Reactions: botc76

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
I would agree, although this is supposedly an alpha build of the game, so even things like breaking saves aren't too surprising tbh. I'd def. still prefer if it didn't happen, though. Saved games feels like something you should have down before you get too far. Although there might be a lot more still to come for the game, Alpha 2 was long enough that it feels like saves (and what might affect them) should've been figured out by now.
Guessing it is not so much a matter of "not having it down" as it is not generally being too concerned if people have to play re-worked content again....since constantly allowing people to skip having to do that is kinda defeating the whole surrounding point of an alpha. Especially on a specifically labeled alpha that all but 7 people out there are playing for free atm.

That said, yuck on the mini games.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
That was a pretty good update. I dont think the QTE's are that bad, they're easy on a computer but I can see them being a pain on a laptop and phone. Just need to do them once to skip them, so thats good. Elly is cute with her hate of the word "swoon" and that shady guy is gonna be trouble. I bet he has some sort of power like the MC has.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Rebeldad

Aug 7, 2018
AV didnt like this game found a atc4.detection virus.. not sure if anyone else got this.

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
I have to say that I'm impressed with this game- it has some interesting features and mechanics that I've not seen in other games. The use of the "roll-back" feature to change the landscape/items/interactions is actually a neat idea (also, pressing "K" is quite helpful). Hopefully, the whole save game thing is sorted out- I don't mind "rollingback" in-game- I'd prefer not to do it IRL every time an update is released. :)

Elise/Elly is just too adorable for words. She really makes my heart flutter, skip a beat, and swoo- *Ouch* Okay, I'm sorry I'll *Ow* stop pinching me... :p

I like this game- I really do, it has some fresh and inventive ideas, the art is fantastic, the characters are gorgeous, and the story seems pretty solid (so far). I have yet to complete this current version, but I'm enjoying most of it.

I do have 2 critiques about the game- there are some things that could use a little tweaking.
1. The music doesn't really fit the either futuristic tone or bleak dystopian backdrop that the game is set in- it sounds like public domain YouTube "Top 10 List" muzak. It's just too happy for, well, anything actually. Even a budding romance.
2. The QTE games. These could use some modification. At present, I am not a human/octopus hybrid with gun-slinger like reflexes. As many have said, they're quite difficult at times and while I like the idea of them- I don't think that story should be sacrificed while torturing the player. :D If the timers were a bit longer or you had some advance warning of the next key prior to the timer starting- maybe that would help. Possibly enlarging the "red dot" so that it's a bit larger than a pimple on the behind of...Asia. Trying to track it down is a challenge- trying to get your mouse to it in time, is next to impossible.

Still this game does have great promise and potential. It could be an amazing game if some of these issues were addressed and made the gameplay feel more immersive and interactive. Great job Dev- you definitely have created an original concept and game, it just needs a little refining. ;)

bsjfan69

Oct 4, 2017
It's a shame to give this game a thumbs down because it's clear that a lot of effort was put into it, but it seems that most of that effort was put into the gimmicks like the rollback mechanic and QTEs and all that stuff which in the end don't actually make the game better in any way... unfortunate.

taekopan

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2017
I really apologize for the save breaking update. I know how to saves work. If you decompile the game and read through the code, it isn't some random variable declared post init. I don't even have a single varialbe/list/dict not defined on init. In order to implement the qte skipping feature automatically for replays, multiple saves and playthroughs it can only be done with persistent variables. The file that stores this is written at the first time you open the game. Every persistent variable/dict/list you add after this cannot affect the saves that did not have those said persistents. Unlike normal variables, which seem to be the case for most games breaking the saves, persistents are not cleared upon exit of the game or even if you delete the game.

I do understand the feedbacks regarding the QTEs, I've said it before in the last post. But unfortunately, I will not remove it. I could make it easier, that much is certain. I haven't tested the game in a laptop, but I will find time for that. The QTEs do seem overwhelming, and they really are because they are the tutorial QTEs. After that introduction, they will only be added within context. The last update didn't even have one. The next update, which will start Day 2, won't even have one either.

I do have 2 critiques about the game- there are some things that could use a little tweaking.
1. The music doesn't really fit the either futuristic tone or bleak dystopian backdrop that the game is set in- it sounds like public domain YouTube "Top 10 List" muzak. It's just too happy for, well, anything actually. Even a budding romance.
Yes, about 5 tracks where public domain for JP VNs..... guilty. I wanted happy/giddy tunes esp. if MC has people with him and in midtown. But when he is alone, the tracks become more dreary. Only 2 alone tracks have been played so far. I wanted a clear contrast between midtown scenes and lowtown scenes. High color and saturation, upbeat JP VN/elevator music against neutral colors, piano/symphonic mellow music when in lowtown. Next update when MC strolls through lowtown, this will be evident.

Thank you everyone for the feedback. I am currently taking notes of everything said here and brainstorming while rendering another animation(short only). I can't please everyone, I know this but I have to adjust. I also do not want to stray from the vision I have for the game. It is a very tough balancing act. Even the getting the middle ground right, if that is possible, still won't please everyone.

Again, I really apologize for the save breaking update. It is the last one, I promise that and you can quote me on it. Thanks again for trying/playing the game! Whether you like the game or not feedback is always welcome.

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
I love everything about this game so far. I guess my only complaint is the constant Tutorial moments. You've introduced like 5 mechanics, 3 of them being Quick Time events and only one of the 3 has been repeated, the last one.

But honestly that's my only complaint. The story is GREAT, the Visuals are amazing, and the game mechanics are definitely something that will bring me back.

Little critique. The animations need to be improved for sure, if you're going to keep them. They move at ultra speed and don't seem to be rendered particularly well. That being said, I honestly don't think you need them. The shared perspective and first person moments could be done just as easily without the animation. If you can't get the animations to look as amazing as the rest of the game, you should just toss them.

4.10 star(s) 42 Votes