laflare82

Dec 24, 2018
too much work involved to have fun...spend so much time trying to remember all the rules and clickables you forget to see the alleged story and such in front of you...this game is anti-immersion and made for yoots..not us grumpy oldens..so i'll pass on this.
Normally your on equal terms with games even when majority bash it for certain story being unreal all it took was for game to be too techi for you to dislike 1st time Ive seen you actually have destain for one yup you are a grumpy olden to much tech makes you grumpy

Comrade Anulnyat

Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I'm amazed, to be honest, how much effort was put into how characters look and how believable their face emotions are.
Unfortunately, the whole mini-game idea would a really big turn off, unless it can be turned off without losing anything and enjoy the story by just sitting and not being paranoid, that they might've missed something.
Incredible game, if only more devs were that... Sigh, I don't know which word would be more correct... Passionate? Talented?
Anyway, thanks for sharing.

taekopan

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2017
Old saves stop working at Build #3. The game was overhauled on that build to accommodate QTE skipping and gallery, which are now fully implemented in this build. If you played build #3 and getting a save error, please post you log errors if any, or at least the scene.

If you have an old save, a month++ ago(april ish), you need to delete the entire save folders. The persistent variables there no longer work. Those that have played build #3 shouldn't have, hopefully, any save related errors.

save folder location:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please for those that are having errors that didn't play the previous build, clear the old stuff first. I really need to find out where the problems are coming from. Is it from the old build or the new stuff? I took a great risk implementing a gallery, which deals with persistent variables(very finicky things), that can be used virtually anytime. If you have cleared the old files and still getting errors, please don't hesitate to ping/dm/grill/@ me. I will fix it if possible.

I'm amazed, to be honest, how much effort was put into how characters look and how believable their face emotions are.
Unfortunately, the whole mini-game idea would a really big turn off, unless it can be turned off without losing anything and enjoy the story by just sitting and not being paranoid, that they might've missed something.
Incredible game, if only more devs were that... Sigh, I don't know which word would be more correct... Passionate? Talented?
Anyway, thanks for sharing.
If you are referring to QTEs, they can be turned off in Preference menu. The clickables on the other hand, it's kinda hard. The clickables were designed with some lore/story/insight in mind. I made them hard to miss due to the ping sound+map and clickable area is large, and they are always in context with the situation or the odd one out.

Last edited:

Comrade Anulnyat

Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
@taekopan

Ah, well, I usually turn sounds off right before I start playing and I might've missed some of the information. Probably a big mistake on my part.

I did notice somewhere during one of the tips, that I can turn off the mini-game stuff, but I couldn't find it in preferences. Can't really concentrate sometimes, I'll check it later.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
The error I posted earlier is from the end of the last build, after clicking ignore I think. If you click ignore/rollback once or twice it will start a new game automatically too. The first error message, at loading the save.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

taekopan

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2017
The error I posted earlier is from the end of the last build, after clicking ignore I think. If you click ignore/rollback once or twice it will start a new game automatically too. The first error message, at loading the save.
Can you please zip and attach the Happenstance folder located in Windows%APPDATA%/RenPy/? I will try to isolate if the issue is with the save files or actual game code.

Reactions: sorajan

danny19

Jul 20, 2017
cant roll back to clickables when on bus talking about father and such.as well cant even hit back button.stuck saying do a roll back to clickables

Big Smurf

May 8, 2018
Just been playing it for the first time and gotta admit, I love the way you put this all together. And the story is catching.
Keep up the good works.

4.10 star(s) 42 Votes