4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

DMSTS

Jun 14, 2017
According to math, the next update has to be this month.

84_Nerd_Face.gif

Otherwise, we can assume that the game development will follow the "HDOOM" trend (small update after several years).

So, I again will warn everyone: "abandon all hope ye who enter here".

It is too strange, concerning and suspicious that such a popular project is so slow in development (And I, personaly, didn't see information if the developers have some problems that slow the process down...).

May 10, 2020
I think that they meant to highlight that since the graveyard update there has not been any normal female enemies introduced. Furthermore, from my perspective there has been few enemies introduced since the bar had several additions. Though this is likely because the patreons are a bunch of deviants too interested in ageplay for anything to get done in the meantime. Yet, inferring from development process leave me the thought that perhaps all the additions to daycare, has partially sapped the development teams enthusiasm for the project. The dev team presented several prospects for the new areas though seemed to only have time for one or two of the ideas.
As far as I know the game makes Doggie Bones almost alone. But he is helped by his significant other who has an ABDL fetish. But this information could become outdated because I have long been banned from their discord server.

Feb 24, 2019
Seems the poll has failed the devs, they were probably desperate to have a change of pace to get fresh ideas in to help motivate them into making characters with unique animations or gameplay only for the dickgirls to get the main stage, that or this is allllll in my head.

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
Seems the poll has failed the devs, they were probably desperate to have a change of pace to get fresh ideas in to help motivate them into making characters with unique animations or gameplay only for the dickgirls to get the main stage, that or this is allllll in my head.
More like the poll was intended as a set of goal posts to be chosen by patrons.

Last edited:

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
Let's do some basic thinking
- 1 month of enemy animation (1 week per animation piece, with 4 weeks completes both Whisper's and Sam's). And every update often have 2 enemies.
- 1 month of the enemy mechanics and integration
- 1 month of bug patching and testings.
- 1 month more for stage creation if needed.

So, I can only ask this: Unless we have his development schedule, his timing is pretty average if not mediocre, but one that doesn't screams overdue.

If it was a team working on a gallery show, this certainly be outrageous, but for a platformer game with only one guy at the helm, it does make the timeframe more reasonable. This isn't like Kuja's LOK, where 2 years of work is relatively nothing. The only thing worth complaining is the amount of diaper fetishes in the past update. Then again, it could be the aforementioned helper with the ABDL fetish, whom Doggie Bones would uphold some kind of secret agreement between the two.

If it is actually a secondary occupation like mr Dinglederper has claimed, it actually helps Doggie Bones' case for why it takes so long and his "2-3 month animation" argument is even more unsubstantiated.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Dinglederper

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
. And since his patreon numbers aren't privated unlike kujo, we can actually do an accurate calculation on his income.

Taking the value received at the end of the month as its monthly revenue, I've measured his annual income during 2022-2023 is $46k. 2021-2022 is certainly lower as no month there reached 4k earnings.

Doggie bones had several moments where he gained 300 patrons in one month, only to lose a few hundreds since there are people who stop their subscription. What is interesting is this year's february, where he gained 350 patrons and they stayed. It's interesting since there's a spike approximately at the start and at the end of each month. But at March, the number of patrons didn't drop. Neither did April. It's only in May and June where a small decline of a dozen or so patrons arrive.

So I ask Dinglederper this, where did he get 300 new patrons and stay subbed till July?

Dinglederper

Dec 19, 2020
. And since his patreon numbers aren't privated unlike kujo, we can actually do an accurate calculation on his income.

Taking the value received at the end of the month as its monthly revenue, I've measured his annual income during 2022-2023 is $46k. 2021-2022 is certainly lower as no month there reached 4k earnings.

Doggie bones had several moments where he gained 300 patrons in one month, only to lose a few hundreds since there are people who stop their subscription. What is interesting is this year's february, where he gained 350 patrons and they stayed. It's interesting since there's a spike approximately at the start and at the end of each month. But at March, the number of patrons didn't drop. Neither did April. It's only in May and June where a small decline of a dozen or so patrons arrive.

So I ask Dinglederper this, where did he get 300 new patrons and stay subbed till July?
Very interesting, also worth noting that they plateaued throughout much of 2021 in the exact same manner as the period you're referencing this year, only to suddenly gain a massive spike of consistent patrons.

mirripoDespo

Aug 11, 2017
- 1 month of enemy animation (1 week per animation piece, with 4 weeks completes both Whisper's and Sam's). And every update often have 2 enemies
This makes enough sense, this though
- 1 month of the enemy mechanics and integration
- 1 month of bug patching and testings.
- 1 month more for stage creation if needed
is pretty unreasonable. He is using GameMaker which helps dramatically (especially since it's a platformer) and
more so he's been using it for years. All of those steps should take 1 month total in best case and 2 months at worst considering his "experience". Even if it is something he's working on on the side I'd think he'd be a bit more enthusiastic, unless of course he's just milking the patrons.

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
is pretty unreasonable. He is using GameMaker which helps dramatically (especially since it's a platformer) and
more so he's been using it for years. All of those steps should take 1 month total in best case and 2 months at worst considering his "experience". Even if it is something he's working on on the side I'd think he'd be a bit more enthusiastic, unless of course he's just milking the patrons.
So we presume the worst case scenario then. I can certainly say the amount of work he does is certainly between part-time and full-time to merit the slow down. The online income is certainly nice to have, but presume he's living with his parents or some kind of shackle to do this full time.

There was once an American artist named Taga, and he got exposed by someone private in his life for his furry animation. This, despite the volume of online income (and working part-time), was enough to distance himself from NSFW. It's surprising he's still working on animations today.

Evizzy89

Aug 1, 2021
idk what your all complaining about I didnt really read too far back or pay much attention

but its a simple solution, if my online NSFW life was interfering with my RL id just drop my RL and continue to fap

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
idk what your all complaining about I didnt really read too far back or pay much attention

but its a simple solution, if my online NSFW life was interfering with my RL id just drop my RL and continue to fap
In other words, you're withdrawing all responsibilities IRL as well?

Sir pikmin

May 26, 2019
while i'm not demanding updates sooner, all i'm saying is the dev could keep people posted like once every two months with sneek peeks for top patreons, that way they get proof that another update is coming which would remove alot of the pressure the dev gets as i believe most of it comes from paying patron getting upset that they don't know if their money is actually being spent on a game dev and not someone who's stealing their money and giving them false promises

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes