2.20 star(s) 136 Votes

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
But then one would also have to rely on actual character development and story telling. The carrot on the stick approach is way easier to form a scenario around in these games. There doesn't have to be many questions raised as the MC's "interest" "grows" towards a given lady. It becomes a question of "parameters" over which you form a loose scenario. Anticipation of the next "step" being justification for the current. The formation of an overall "story" lying dead in the water. Yet the developer hasn't even gone much in that way. Instead relying on people being dumb enough, to think mundanity as immersion as a suitible substitute.

I remember being assigned one of the most brain dead boring books in existence in high school. The book was around 350 pages long. With nothing in them. One chapter was 30 pages of two women washing dishes and talking gossip. Not a few sentences to show their familiarity, not a few pages to develop character, as there was none. But 30 unholy pages of the most mindnumbing boring banter á la "who did what" of completely unrelated characters. My fucktard of a teacher was enthralled by the book. Saying she loved the mundanity... but we all knew she just hated me :sleep:. The book didn't have any story... that was the story. It was all like this. I just remember counting the pages of that chapter in a mixture of rage and amazement. Why am I writting all of this? Maybe there's something of a parallel here.
Easily bored ?
You seem to fill a bucket!
But on the other hand you do it way better than most other whiners do!

Keep up the good work.

• Angry
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Cavpal and Hajtand

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
https://f95zone.to/threads/happy-summer-v0-2-8-caizer-games.26587/post-4345077 ;)
Despite using it in a somewhat joking manner. I was not kidding, when I said it made me happy. I'm genuinely having fun, so I wouldn't consider it as being easily bored, rather being of the ability to find fun in a lot of places.
I have to agree about the games genuine build.
No matter how little development there is I'll always return though my expectatons now are slightly less than a year ago.
The MC's doubts and struggling mind contra the apparent ( or so it seems in his mind ) innocence of the female counterparts
makes it worth returning.
The gal is always superior when there's feely stuff involved. Lads are full of it and clueless.

PS
Read the referred before but wasn't sure whether you were pissing or sugaring!

Reactions: Hajtand

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
I have to agree about the games genuine build.
No matter how little development there is I'll always return though my expectatons now are slightly less than a year ago.
The MC's doubts and struggling mind contra the apparent ( or so it seems in his mind ) innocence of the female counterparts
makes it worth returning.
The gal is always superior when there's feely stuff involved. Lads are full of it and clueless.
I understand, where you are coming from and I agree, but be aware of developers selling ideas. Don't take it as a holier(/better) than thou attitude, but as an advice from an idiot who learned from his past mistakes. Judge the developer on the work done, not what they promise/hype. And don't buy into the idea of what you think, the game will be like. I used, to do that in the past, and I'd get dissapointed all the time.

• Hey there
Reactions: Ali ibn Hassan

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
I understand, where you are coming from and I agree, but be aware of developers selling ideas. Don't take it as a holier(/better) than thou attitude, but as an advice from an idiot who learned from his past mistakes. Judge the developer on the work done, not what they promise/hype. And don't buy into the idea of what you think, the game will be like. I used, to do that in the past, and I'd get dissapointed all the time.
Neither have nor will.
You get what you get though expectations might disappoint.
I've reached the ripe age of 60+ and learnt that most times there's more to life than you'd expect though sometimes less.
Shit alwats happens and sometimes hit the fan.
Wear boots and carry a brolly!
Better safe than mucky.

Reactions: Hajtand

Melted

Nov 23, 2019
But then one would also have to rely on actual character development and story telling. The carrot on the stick approach is way easier to form a scenario around in these games. There doesn't have to be many questions raised as the MC's "interest" "grows" towards a given lady. It becomes a question of "parameters" over which you form a loose scenario. Anticipation of the next "step" being justification for the current. The formation of an overall "story" lying dead in the water. Yet the developer hasn't even gone much in that way. Instead relying on people being dumb enough, to think mundanity as immersion as a suitible substitute.

I remember being assigned one of the most brain dead boring books in existence in high school. The book was around 350 pages long. With nothing in them. One chapter was 30 pages of two women washing dishes and talking gossip. Not a few sentences to show their familiarity, not a few pages to develop character, as there was none. But 30 unholy pages of the most mindnumbing boring banter á la "who did what" of completely unrelated characters. My fucktard of a teacher was enthralled by the book. Saying she loved the mundanity... but we all knew she just hated me :sleep:. The book didn't have any story... that was the story. It was all like this. I just remember counting the pages of that chapter in a mixture of rage and amazement. Why am I writting all of this? Maybe there's something of a parallel here.
Seinfeld did just fine and was also about nothing. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: ontach and Hajtand

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Seinfeld did just fine and was also about nothing. ;)
Heh, you are right. Albeit had Seinfeld been about him looking at a wall all day. I don't think, it would have seen the same success.

The earlier posts were about the fiscal viability of the lack of content overall. The quoted post was going into the structure of the storytelling or lack thereof of the game. Pointing out some of the problems a lackluster writer might face, if challenged by veering from that simplistic structure.

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
And the award for the least done in every update, again goes to Caizer games and Happy Summer.
Cloud Meadow only has bug fixes (living on it's animations for years and that furries will throw money at anything), so this game even fails at that.

2.20 star(s) 136 Votes