4.00 star(s) 35 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
allow me to clarify. when I said there is no harem tag, I meant there is no harem tag currently. I assumed people were asking if current game had harem in it
I took it that way as well. As of current content, the harem tag should not be applied. That in no way means there will not be a harem at some point. Whenever just one more girl is involved with the MC and all three of them know about and accept one another, the harem tag can be applied to the game thread. So it's close, but rn it's only a throuple.

With the updated definitions, though, the tag would be applied (I believe). It only requires 2 in the updated list... I think. With the wording of "being loved by at least two more people", it's a tad difficult to determine for certain whether that's "two more" in addition to a first LI (so 3 total) or just 2 people in entirety. I think it's the latter, but I'm not positive.

Last edited:

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
no please tell me this game is not abandoned:cry:
No don't worry, bro.
Kurenai said he's not abandonning it

It will, I'm just dealing with irl work stuff atm, but still working on the next ch, just taking longer due to fatigue and extra work because we have to be on call and have to do incursions, do patrolling and whatnot. But yeah, I'm still here.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
According to his last (19th of October) Patreon post,
"the next chapter should come by the end of month,
I'm taking some days off of work to finish it."
:coffee: ;)
The release news is great, but IDK about taking time off from work to do so. I wouldn't want Kuranai to make this take priority over his job.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Umariel

UnfinishedSentenc

Jan 5, 2023
thats up to the site's rules not up to the game's Dev.
According to the site's rules, it should read "Onhold." There is a game called "Taste Of Life" that has been "Onhold" for what seems like forever, and I even reported it as such, and they keep it "Onhold." I don't think the dude is coming back, but they won't tag it "Abandoned" for some reason. And then you've got this game, which clearly ISN'T abandoned, and it's got the tag on it. Doesn't make a lick of sense.

Tomboll

Mar 14, 2021
I took it that way as well. As of current content, the harem tag should not be applied. That in no way means there will not be a harem at some point. Whenever just one more girl is involved with the MC and all three of them know about and accept one another, the harem tag can be applied to the game thread. So it's close, but rn it's only a throuple.

With the updated definitions, though, the tag would be applied (I believe). It only requires 2 in the updated list... I think. With the wording of "being loved by at least two more people", it's a tad difficult to determine for certain whether that's "two more" in addition to a first LI (so 3 total) or just 2 people in entirety. I think it's the latter, but I'm not positive.
I don't know about F95 definition but in manga/anime a harem has to be at least 3 girls (actually I have never seen a harem less than 4) . 2 girls and a boy is a love triangle.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I don't know about F95 definition but in manga/anime a harem has to be at least 3 girls (actually I have never seen a harem less than 4) . 2 girls and a boy is a love triangle.
Yeah, there are redefinitions I'm not a fan of, and I agree with you about the number that should be involved. IDK. They made up a bunch of new tags, felt the need to identify a throuple, and chose a very inaccurate term to do so. I would say that the term love triangle is inexact at best. The is simply when two people love the same third individual. This could happen in several forms, some of which are in direct opposition to each other.
  • Girl A and Girl B both love Guy C; Guy C loves both girls back. Both girls accept each other. All three are in a single relationship, together.
  • Girl A and Girl B both love Guy C; Guy C loves both girls back. Both girls accept each other. Each girl has a separate relationship with the guy; both spend time / have sex with him, but they never are around each other.
  • Girl A and Girl B both love Guy C; Guy C loves both girls back. Neither girl accepts the other, getting very jealous and even extremely antagonistic toward one another.
With the above, gender can be changed around for any of the participants (3 men involved, 3 women involved, a futa-man-woman combination, and so on). All three of those qualify as love triangle; in fact, in America it's far more common to use the term to mean that one individual has to choose only one of the two partners, and the partners are in direct competition. So that term tells you nothing other than that very basic information.

The term throuple was created to signify specifically that three individuals are all in a single relationship. That does not specify whether all parties have sex with each other or not. It applies when Girl A and Girl B engage in sex with Girl C but A and B never get physical with each other. So it's also inexact. But it's probably a better term than love triangle IMO.
According to the site's rules, it should read "Onhold." There is a game called "[game name]" that has been "Onhold" for what seems like forever, and I even reported it as such, and they keep it "Onhold." I don't think the dude is coming back, but they won't tag it "Abandoned" for some reason. And then you've got this game, which clearly ISN'T abandoned, and it's got the tag on it. Doesn't make a lick of sense.
It actually all depends. I have no idea about that other game (which you shouldn't post in another game's thread FFR, according to Posting Rule #2.4). There are a few reasons why this would be labeled as Abandoned.
  1. I don't think this would ever have gotten the On Hold label, unless there was some public statement within the first month or so that I don't know about. If this originally would have been labeled as such, it might still now be marked as Abandoned anyway, depending on when the request to put it On Hold was made (see Game Thread Rule 3.1). It's been 7 months since the last update, which would mean more than 6 months if the official statement about on-hold status was made in the first month. So maybe, or maybe not.
  2. There was no communication for 5 months after the last release (on Patreon, here, or elsewhere as far as I can tell). That silence without any official statement about being On Hold, combined with no game update, means the Abandoned label got applied to the thread (see Game Thread Rule 3.2). And as a subpoint under that same rule, the label cannot get removed from a thread unless there's an actual game update. So until that happens, the label won't change.

Last edited:

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
For story telling, the triangle (as in "A loves B" and "A loves C" but "B and C dislike each other" ) is a very good plot device because it will generate drama, allowing to enhance an existing plot with it.

But the triangle in which everyone is fully accepting of everyone (as in the "throuple" ) is much more boring because there's no additional drama generated from it .

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
For story telling, the triangle (as in "A loves B" and "A loves C" but "B and C dislike each other" ) is a very good plot device because it will generate drama, allowing to enhance an existing plot with it.

But the triangle in which everyone is fully accepting of everyone (as in the "throuple" ) is much more boring because there's no additional drama generated from it .
That's a fair opinion. My point was just that the term as a tag for a game is unhelpful. It doesn't identify relationships very much at all. But we really should stop discussing tag details here; the thread for this discussion is linked at the top of most pages on F95 (unless you've dismissed the notification).

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
That's a fair opinion. My point was just that the term as a tag for a game is unhelpful. It doesn't identify relationships very much at all. But we really should stop discussing tag details here; the thread for this discussion is linked at the top of most pages on F95 (unless you've dismissed the notification).
I feel like when most people refer to a Love Triangle, it is precisely when the object of two sources of affections (the C person) must choose between A or B because neither A or B want to share the person with one another.
In your definitions of a Love Triangle, I would argue that:
  1. First definition fits more as a Throuple - all parties involved are aware of the situation they are in, and affirm it.
  2. Second definition sounds most like a small Harem - all parties involved are aware of the situation they are in, they don't affirm it but continue to be a part of it for whatever reason. Antagonistic behaviour between the haremfolk is possible, but not necessary. I call it a small Harem due to the limited number of people involved - in this case, up to 3, as anything above that is most assuredly a Harem.
  3. Third definition fits best as proper Love Triangle - all parties involved are aware of the situation, don't affirm it and are actively asking for exclusivity (a proper relationship) with person C.
I do hear that F95zone site is getting a major rework, including some expanded and/or re-defined fetish tags. Hopefully that clears up a lot of misguided intentions here.

Plaguerave

Sep 15, 2020
Yeah, there are redefinitions I'm not a fan of, and I agree with you about the number that should be involved. IDK. They made up a bunch of new tags, felt the need to identify a throuple, and chose a very inaccurate term to do so. I would say that the term love triangle is inexact at best. The is simply when two people love the same third individual. This could happen in several forms, some of which are in direct opposition to each other.
  • Girl A and Girl B both love Guy C; Guy C loves both girls back. Both girls accept each other. All three are in a single relationship, together.
  • Girl A and Girl B both love Guy C; Guy C loves both girls back. Both girls accept each other. Each girl has a separate relationship with the guy; both spend time / have sex with him, but they never are around each other.
  • Girl A and Girl B both love Guy C; Guy C loves both girls back. Neither girl accepts the other, getting very jealous and even extremely antagonistic toward one another.
With the above, gender can be changed around for any of the participants (3 men involved, 3 women involved, a futa-man-woman combination, and so on). All three of those qualify as love triangle; in fact, in America it's far more common to use the term to mean that one individual has to choose only one of the two partners, and the partners are in direct competition. So that term tells you nothing other than that very basic information.

The term throuple was created to signify specifically that three individuals are all in a single relationship. That does not specify whether all parties have sex with each other or not. It applies when Girl A and Girl B engage in sex with Girl C but A and B never get physical with each other. So it's also inexact. But it's probably a better term than love triangle IMO.

It actually all depends. I have no idea about that other game (which you shouldn't post in another game's thread FFR, according to Posting Rule #2.4). There are a few reasons why this would be labeled as Abandoned.
  1. I don't think this would ever have gotten the On Hold label, unless there was some public statement within the first month or so that I don't know about. If this originally would have been labeled as such, it might still now be marked as Abandoned anyway, depending on when the request to put it On Hold was made (see Game Thread Rule 3.1). It's been 7 months since the last update, which would mean more than 6 months if the official statement about on-hold status was made in the first month. So maybe, or maybe not.
  2. There was no communication for 5 months after the last release (on Patreon, here, or elsewhere as far as I can tell). That silence without any official statement about being On Hold, combined with no game update, means the Abandoned label got applied to the thread (see Game Thread Rule 3.2). And as a subpoint under that same rule, the label cannot get removed from a thread unless there's an actual game update. So until that happens, the label won't change.
You hit the nail on the head I just wish others would see it that way but hey thanks appreciate you for this one!

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I feel like when most people refer to a Love Triangle, it is precisely when the object of two sources of affections (the C person) must choose between A or B because neither A or B want to share the person with one another.
In your definitions of a Love Triangle, I would argue that:
  1. First definition fits more as a Throuple - all parties involved are aware of the situation they are in, and affirm it.
  2. Second definition sounds most like a small Harem - all parties involved are aware of the situation they are in, they don't affirm it but continue to be a part of it for whatever reason. Antagonistic behaviour between the haremfolk is possible, but not necessary. I call it a small Harem due to the limited number of people involved - in this case, up to 3, as anything above that is most assuredly a Harem.
  3. Third definition fits best as proper Love Triangle - all parties involved are aware of the situation, don't affirm it and are actively asking for exclusivity (a proper relationship) with person C.
I do hear that F95zone site is getting a major rework, including some expanded and/or re-defined fetish tags. Hopefully that clears up a lot of misguided intentions here.
I thought love triangle was as you said as well, but when I looked into it, apparently it can have any of the meanings I listed (which is why I listed them). I disagree strongly with your use of "small harem". A harem is "a group of lovers", something I feel like you wouldn't say about two people walking down the street, two people arguing at a restaurant, or similar. I never hear "group" used to refer to only 2 people, which is what your term proposes. Anyway, I'm done with this discussion. It's off topic and really shouldn't be gotten into on this thread anymore.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
According to the site's rules, it should read "Onhold." There is a game called "Taste Of Life" that has been "Onhold" for what seems like forever, and I even reported it as such, and they keep it "Onhold." I don't think the dude is coming back, but they won't tag it "Abandoned" for some reason. And then you've got this game, which clearly ISN'T abandoned, and it's got the tag on it. Doesn't make a lick of sense.
On hold is tag that needs to be requested by the dev of the game.

The site tags them abandoned if the dev goes radio silent without putting their game on hold.

4.00 star(s) 35 Votes