Kurokazewa

Apr 22, 2018
@Muff Diver For some reason your download links come to me as some kind of archive I can't use in any way, it has no extentions. The Mega link on last page has an .exe, but yours is like that for me for some reason.
Same. I know you can technically rename the file with different extensions and if you get the right one it will work... But that would require a lot of guessing and if you get it wrong you would need to redownload again until you got it right. Just gonna pass on this one myself and wait for next update I think.

UnlikelyGames

Welcome to Hornstown
Game Developer
Jun 21, 2019
Since my previous post I have become a Patron, so I have been playing the online version. All day so far (3 hours) 4.13 has been crashing frequently. I am not talking about the downloaded version. It's the online version that is crashing. I don't know whether it's a server issue or a bug in the programming.
Dear Jim,

It's a server error! But should be fixed for now by our server provider!

Best Regards,

Unlikely Team

Reactions: JimMorrison19

EDAboii

Dec 13, 2017
So, I downloaded the game, and whenever I launch the .exe I get the image screen, then it just goes to a white screen saying "no input file selected". Any advice? It works somewhat fine online (with occasional server crashes), but I'd rather play a downloaded exe for convenience.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 2, 2019
Same. I know you can technically rename the file with different extensions and if you get the right one it will work... But that would require a lot of guessing and if you get it wrong you would need to redownload again until you got it right. Just gonna pass on this one myself and wait for next update I think.
UnlikelyGames
file downloaded name is
Hard_Times_in_Hornstown-v13
what should i end it with?
.zip? .rar? or what?
Apart from brute-forcing the extension or waiting for third parties to disclose it, you can also look at the file signature for yourself. You'll need a hex editor and . Inspecting the header will reveal the following signature:

1590710210429.png

Which identifies this file as a standard (neither empty nor spanned) zip archive. Hope this helps.

• Thinking Face
  • Angry
Reactions: nuclear and 9inchz

ProfessorOppai

Jan 30, 2020
Unfortunately, the downloaded versions never work for me.
I launch the .exe but after the banner appears it vanishes and then...nothing.
I can see another comment saying the same thing, chances are it is because we are running the Insider Preview versions of Windows 10.
This isn't something I can change either since I need it for Game Pass.

ultrusviderat

Oct 25, 2019
Thanks, that could be it. Gonna try that later.

Edit: Yes, that worked. Thank you very much. I'm gonna upload a "standard" Day 1 save for both male and female that can be used with the offline version in case anybody is interested. You can change pretty much anything except the age with the trainer app on the phone.

Or use the restart option with the online version as Kyoami and @john_stamos described.

Changed the female save. She now starts with a dress.
Is there a way to change the name? I tried using a base64 decoder/encoder but it didn't work when I changed the name and re-encoded it

godhan69

Jul 27, 2019
does anyone know a way to view the ingame assets? i would like to see all the cg stuff if possible.

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Muff Diver Would be cool to have at least 1 image up on the first post of what the gameplay looks like. It says "text-based", but there are only images of models.
I'm currently looking through more than 100 games to see if there are any I'd like to play, but without an image showing the gameplay it's hard not just giving it a pass.

Reactions: PinkBishop

angelmunera

Feb 10, 2018
Any news on latest updates (4.2/4.21)??? Still needs fixed exe for windows (any) ...can't play ...going through withdrawls

2.60 star(s) 27 Votes