SweetDMT

May 21, 2020
I test the game 5 min, the GUI it's not appealing it's more a game that we can play on web page
and objectives for newbie like me are totally unclear

I don't try further sorry

Feb 15, 2019
The 4.3 version was supposed to be released today!

Edit: A recent patreon post sates that 4.3 will be available on June 25, 2020

Edit2: Version 4.3 is now available on the hornstown website

Last edited:

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
I can't seem to enter the game, downloaded twice, disable the antivirus, even ran with admin rights, and nothing, I can't get in the game. I updated to windows 10 2004, before the update I could run it just fine.

Now I can't even load older versions either.

angelmunera

Feb 10, 2018
There doesn't appear to be anything we can do on our end to fix this exe problem for WIN10. I continued to run the exe to start the game over and over, then started the event viewer to check the error logs. They all point to the ntdll.dll in the system32 folder. It will not read or open HORNSTOWN.exe

UnlikelyGames

Welcome to Hornstown
Game Developer
Jun 21, 2019
There doesn't appear to be anything we can do on our end to fix this exe problem for WIN10. I continued to run the exe to start the game over and over, then started the event viewer to check the error logs. They all point to the ntdll.dll in the system32 folder. It will not read or open HORNSTOWN.exe

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are trying to fix it now!
Collecting as much details about the dll error as we can so we will see how can we fix it.

Best Regards,

Sorina (Unlikely Team)

angelmunera

Feb 10, 2018
Everyone using Win10 who had issues with the exe not reading should go and download the new update 4.3.1
It's working now.
Thank You, Unlikely Team

Reactions: Rafster

TuffSub

Nov 11, 2018
Muff Diver , adding this thread to the forum was a great contribution.
On the official site, though, they've moved on to version 4.31, with the next release planned for July 22... could you please update as well?
Many thanks.

Blaisdale

Oct 8, 2018
I've been having this one issue for a while now and cant seems to fix it.
Each time I try I get this message.
"Windows cant access the specified device , path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the file. "

I had this for a few updates now.
Tried looking it up how to fix but it doesnt work.
Anyone know how to get past this issue?

Yes I am the only one who uses this Laptop.
I never had this issues before but it started popping up a few months ago.
It only comes up for this.

Windows 10 if it helps.

angelmunera

Feb 10, 2018
I've been having this one issue for a while now and cant seems to fix it.
Each time I try I get this message.
"Windows cant access the specified device, path or file.
[/QUOTE

MS has a long history with messing things up. Always changing or removing files or programs we finally got used to with forced updates. You say that you've had issues for a couple months so you may have tried these already but this is all i could find...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Blaisdale

Oct 8, 2018
*sigh* thought and tried everything but the damn Anti Virus.
First thing I should have checked I never did lol.
Thanks so much for posting that :)

gabopusitr

May 31, 2017
I wish they would stop trying to bundle the whole thing up into a single heserver PHP executable monstrosity. The browser used in that bundle is objectively terrible, and heserver still leaves all the underlying source code fully exposed, letting users do things like unlock Patreon and debug access even if they shouldn't.

Reactions: CrimsonCuck

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
UnlikelyGames The library quest could use a reset button:
I asked Mira for help in getting a book from her boss, she said to wait a few days and come back, but when I came back she said I'd waited too long so she'd put the book back, and now she won't get it again.
I tried working a few shifts as a bouncer to look for an alternate path, but nothing came up that way. As far as I can tell, that questline is fucked now.

2.60 star(s) 27 Votes