ZelvanInRow

Sep 19, 2019
Updated the patch.
The cheats/patches work both for the original version and the unpacked one.
For the original you should place the "HORNSTOWN.exe" and the "Data" folder of the cheat in the same directory.
View attachment 880247
Just choose the one you need, extract and replace the original file(if you use the unpacked version).
- "patron & developer mode" enables the in-game cheat mode.

Have fun :)

edit: added patron & cheat mode (thanks to Prevat https://f95zone.to/threads/hard-times-in-hornstown-v4-7-unlikely.3493/post-4476759 )
does this still work on v5.5?

qorl55

May 23, 2018
How do I get the hotel attendant, construction worker or shop clerk job? I keep doing temp ones and do job hunt but it doesnt do anything

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
How do I get the hotel attendant, construction worker or shop clerk job? I keep doing temp ones and do job hunt but it doesnt do anything
You won't get offered permanent employment unless you meet certain criteria. So Charm for Hotel Attendant, Fitness for Construction Worker and Intelligence for Shop Clerk. You also need to be male to get the construction gig.

qorl55

May 23, 2018
You won't get offered permanent employment unless you meet certain criteria. So Charm for Hotel Attendant, Fitness for Construction Worker and Intelligence for Shop Clerk. You also need to be male to get the construction gig.
I'm maxed out on Charm and Intelligence :/ But does the offer to work come as a city event or at home? Do I just keep grinding temp jobs till it triggers?

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I'm maxed out on Charm and Intelligence :/ But does the offer to work come as a city event or at home? Do I just keep grinding temp jobs till it triggers?
It triggers off doing the temp gig; if the MC meets requirements, their boss may offer them a regular position. High dominance can be a hindrance in some of the jobs, if memory serves (I think the hotel job skews charming, submissive and effeminate, the construction site fit, masculine, and not highly dominant).

qorl55

May 23, 2018
It triggers off doing the temp gig; if the MC meets requirements, their boss may offer them a regular position. High dominance can be a hindrance in some of the jobs, if memory serves (I think the hotel job skews charming, submissive and effeminate, the construction site fit, masculine, and not highly dominant).
Ah I see, I'll keep trying then

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
High dominance can be a hindrance in some of the jobs, if memory serves.
It does. I probably should have mentioned that.

Construction in particular, if you have high Dominance, you'll get into fights when doing the temp job which lowers your pay and prevents you being offered a permanent position.

The hotel job skews submissive once you've got it (ie. you can get the job with high Dominance, but your performance will be affected at certain tasks). While your employer there does prefer female employees, she is also willing to give you "help" on this front.

Reactions: qorl55 and gregers

FP69

Sep 12, 2020
When try to open - phpdesktop-chrome - there is only code. Installed and reinstalled x86 Visual C++ Redistributable Packages, put the game in DISK C, nothing.
So is there some other advice?

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
When try to open - phpdesktop-chrome - there is only code. Installed and reinstalled x86 Visual C++ Redistributable Packages, put the game in DISK C, nothing.
So is there some other advice?
I don't know where you got this "phpdesktop-chrome" file from or why you are trying to start the game by opening it. Every version of this game that I've ever downloaded has consisted of a single exe file in a zipped folder. Unzip the folder and run the exe.

qorl55

May 23, 2018
I don't know where you got this "phpdesktop-chrome" file from or why you are trying to start the game by opening it. Every version of this game that I've ever downloaded has consisted of a single exe file in a zipped folder. Unzip the folder and run the exe.
I have that phpdesktop-chrome file too, it's in version from the Mega. It has no Hornstown.exe.

Reactions: FP69

FP69

Sep 12, 2020
THE NOPY; WORKUPLOAD; ANONFILE; MEGA - WIN LINKS

Last edited:

qorl55

May 23, 2018
I dunno why it's not working for you, but maybe try to download at svscomics? They have the single exe version Carlos mentioned and it's a newer version. I dl'ed that one and had no issues

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
Well, this is weird. Even the installation instructions on Page One of this thread mention an exe file.

I've always downloaded through the . But then, I was a supporter of the game before I joined this forum and get the version with all the extra bells and whistles. And this game is an exe file.

But where are these "phpdesktop-chrome" files coming from then? Why is "Muff Diver" downloading the free version of this game from the dev's site, fucking it up so people can't play it, then uploading a couple hundred MB of worthless zipped file to multiple filesharing sites?

Look, the only other thing that comes to mind is to make sure you're using Chrome to open this weirdass file.

Reactions: cxixio

cxixio

Jul 12, 2021
Coming into this thread to give a quick warning: This game's dev, Unlikely, has allegedly been posting fake/malicious downloads for Hardtimes in Horntown on multiple websites. Here's a TFGamesSite thread on the matter:

• Wow
Reactions: sparrow_rose

Gizmogobum

Nov 11, 2020
Question regarding this game:

How hard and/or even possible to avoid things like female domination, ntr, futa/trans, gay, sissification, transformation, trap ? They are simply not my cup of tea.

Aslo if you CAN avoid those, is there enough of the game left to warrant playing it?

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
Question regarding this game:

How hard and/or even possible to avoid things like female domination, ntr, futa/trans, gay, sissification, transformation, trap ? They are simply not my cup of tea.

Aslo if you CAN avoid those, is there enough of the game left to warrant playing it?
Most of those things should be avoidable. One thing you might want to avoid is getting a free tattoo from Zed at the start of the game. If your MC has no outstanding/unusual features to comment on, he'll just fuck you.

If you decide to run the peepshow, make sure you pay your rent on time as one of the punishments for non-payment is a face-fucking.

But everything else is pretty clear. I mean, if you don't want dick, don't say yes when someone asks if you want dick. If you don't get the hint from people like Lily or the girls of Basis Industries that they think your MC would look better in a dress, there's not much chance of you being into a text-based game anyway.

The second question is the problem.

It certainly should be possible to play through the main story as a heterosexual, dominant MC without any transformations. But a lot of content is going to have to be avoided or at least carefully negotiated.

Gizmogobum

Nov 11, 2020
But everything else is pretty clear. I mean, if you don't want dick, don't say yes when someone asks if you want dick. If you don't get the hint from people like Lily or the girls of Basis Industries that they think your MC would look better in a dress, there's not much chance of you being into a text-based game anyway.
That's a plus actually. I enjoy games where both my actions and mistakes have consequences. Milk runs are boring. Remember I asked if you could avoid those scenes with direct input not actively turn them off.

Beside that thanks for the polite reply, sometimes people take offense for whatever reason.

2.60 star(s) 27 Votes