KnightOwlSC

Oct 12, 2021
I agree, I get that it is setting backstory for characters that will be more important later, but it felt like filler. You meet this strange friend of your sister and tell her random stories from your past, this would have flowed better a little bit further on, like after your partner shows up.
I don't think even that could have saved this dumpster fire.. setting things in Japan makes absolutely ZERO sense considering how many non-Asian characters there are.. like.. wha?

SuperPerv96

Apr 21, 2018
The girls looks nice! Could somebody please show me a picture of the Mc's Mom and daughter please? i would really appreciate it!

• Angry
Reactions: XXXVAA

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Oh Bummer, it's a flashback episode that wants to "build backstory" but could have been accomplished in a shorter way.

Oh well, it was bound to happen, and we at least have that out of the way.

Also, how the fuck is MC with a woman of the Latina persuasion being police officers in Japan

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
First play through v0.03 thoughts.

Did we really make the dead ex-girlfriend this annoying in flashbacks because we couldn't choose not to have a child with her since the current time we're noticing how much like her mother she is?

Sure, my MC's been shot and is on opioid medication Tramadol, but unless that's making him remember things inaccurately, his partner, his deceased ex, and his current partner all annoy him. The only positive person in his life is his daughter.

* continuing on...*

Great, even his sister is like this... Oh, that's it, he's into girls who abuse him because of his family... save & close until Sancho1969 finishes his update

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The girls looks nice! Could somebody please show me a picture of the Mc's Mom and daughter please? i would really appreciate it!
Are you really asking folks to go fetch your fapping material for you? Goddamn you're lazy as fuck! Next you'll ask if someone will fetch the sock off your floor so you can cleanup too? :ROFLMAO: :p

binglebangles

Apr 29, 2020
I resonate with the other commenters on the "whiplash" effect of this update.

They really went all out trying to give you the impression the MC was in a really bad place. He's paying for sex. She comments something about 1000s of dicks at her disposal. As far as he knows, she's taking those dicks and eats her out, as well as fucking her raw. Not all things were as it seemed though, as it turned out, but damn, he was not taking care of himself.

Ap0state

Mar 16, 2022
Yeah and I get that the dev is from Japan and likely just couldn't find enough Asian models to use but then you just suck it up and move your story elsewhere..
Yeah it is a questionable decision by the dev. The setting and the characters (except Nanami and couple others) doesnt match up. I guess I have to do some mental gymnastics while playing the game thinking it is in some weird alternate reality or something.

Last edited:

Ty Jones

May 20, 2017
I just downloaded a fresh copy of Version 3 and finished playing Version 2 and saved at the appropriate spot. When I finished V2 it keeps taking me back to the start of the game. There is no error code. What is the issue? Why can't I start Version 3?

AgnorWolf

Sep 20, 2020
Yeah this update absolutely shattered any sense of immersion in this one. It doesn't make a lick of sense that its now set in japan. It introduced a bunch of characters that its hard to give one fuck about. I'm just gonna say that mc lost too much oxygen to his brain in the pool and slipped into a coma and this is a fever dream.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents:
Hard To Love - MultiMod Edition (v0.03 - Chapter 2 - Update)
HTL_SM_Cover.jpg

Go get you some.
( Simply click on the banner image above )
Important: Read the compressed VN criteria in the mod's OP.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v6a with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It's only Chapter 2 folks, you can't expect the MC to have fucked a thousand pink tacos yet. Give it a chance to develop, it's a new VN, ain't it?

Edit: You folks know damn well why this update is like this. The mass pedos/kiddie-fawns begged and pleaded for "More Nanami please!!!!" while driving around IRL in their scary-ass short-wheelbase vans with tinted windows. Well, she's not developed in the story yet so the man gave you some time with her and some history about the MC to boot. It's backstory, no need to get bent out of shape about it in only the third installment. Obviously it's my opinion which ain't worth two pesos anyway, but there it is nonetheless. Cut the dev some slack. Hasn't he come out firing on damn-near all cylinders with quality renders, a spanky GUI, and a "potential" story setup? There's some picky fappers 'round these parts, I tell ya.

Last edited:

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
The DL iPatch is simply a variable. It does work. In the mod I make it toggled so no patch is needed. For unmodded, install the patch file inside the "game" directly while the game is NOT open/running. Then boot up the game and Elizabeth will be Mom, etc.

Here's an example with the mod:
View attachment 2115475 View attachment 2115477
No idea what i'm doing wrong, not using any mods except the patch.rpy/patch.rpyc (which only contains the label, $ patch = True and return). I decompiled the files now and changed patched = True directly in htl.rpy so that seems to have stuck, finally! Must have some strange kind of "missing the obvious"-syndrome for this game, idk^^

But it is solved for me now, thanks for helping!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
(which only contains the label, $ patch = True and return)
Indeed, what's important is the order in which it is coded. To understand it I'll break it down (for those who might be code illiterate):
the triggers are at init -997
the patch is at init -998
the VN's default to False is at init -999

See the order? The patch sits in the middle if applied and is seen as True by the triggers, otherwise it's always False. If the patch exists then it's True no matter what. BUT it must be placed correctly (inside the "game" folder, not any other folder).

You probably could care less but thought I'd explain how it works regardless. Glad you're up and running bud. Regards.

P.S.: and you damn well should be using the mod :p

Reactions: hermesh
3.70 star(s) 124 Votes