Truvelo

Jul 16, 2017
This update is a joke, a few months of waiting and the only thing we get are a few scenes from the memories of the main character who was at some party, for comparison, first update: 630 renders, many threads and an interesting plot, update 2 - 260 renders and absolutely nothing interesting

weirdanime

Jul 30, 2019
Haven't gotten around to this update yet, nor am I in a rush to waste time seeing the negative response en masse. But last I checked, the only thing Japanese about this VN is the Sakura tree. A Sakura tree that, for all intents and purposes, didn't appear to be in Japan.

It's not just about the white people in Japan (though, if you've ever been, there's not a ton of Americans there. I was there for half a year and only ever ran across four that weren't tourists.), it's about everything not being Japanese. Let's make this basic as possible. Where does the VN take place? Japan. Do we see Japanese architecture? No. Do we see Japanese transportation (trains, subways, etc.)? No. Do we see a single Japanese person? No. In fact, all other ethnic groups make up 1% of Japan's total population. The game takes place in a specific culture and setting, yet everything is the polar opposite of it. How isn't that breaking immersion? But nah, you've gotta make it about race.

Dunning–Kruger is real, apparently.
You wrote two paragraphs assuming I made it about race while you could just scroll up several posts and see who made it about race because I literally quote them. You write about white people in Japan and then a few words later you make it clear you think of Americans. Another typical Yank exceptionalism. And the fact that you didn't check the update and then you name things from the update and claim they are not in the game is just laughable. Dunning–Kruger indeed.

Andeddo

May 6, 2018
This update is a joke, a few months of waiting and the only thing we get are a few scenes from the memories of the main character who was at some party, for comparison, first update: 630 renders, many threads and an interesting plot, update 2 - 260 renders and absolutely nothing interesting
i understand your frustration, i really do, but dev was clear about the fact that update would be short, as new PC was ready only in end of August, instead of planned beginning of July. So everything you saw - is only 1 month of work, instead of all the time that passed from last release to now

Mar 13, 2018
updated and added cheats.
hey about the mod I noticed that this game has a harem tag to begin with so what is the difference between the mod choices and I already played through the first chapter seems like the dev wanted us to choose one of the girl anyway almost the same as "badik" but badik doesn't have harem tag so the players already know they have to play multipple time to get spesifict ending.

so my question is, is this mod going to have a big impact like scarppy mod do with badik that allows you to pick all of the route or just to show you what whould it look like if you pick this choice kinda-thing?

and my confusion is so what is the point of having harem tag in this game if you can only pick on route at a time [ i know i should ask this question to the dev but i don't know if they will answer my question bcs im not relevant enough] thankyou.

and thanks for the mod. (y)

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
You wrote two paragraphs assuming I made it about race while you could just scroll up several posts and see who made it about race because I literally quote them. You write about white people in Japan and then a few words later you make it clear you think of Americans. Another typical Yank exceptionalism. And the fact that you didn't check the update and then you name things from the update and claim they are not in the game is just laughable. Dunning–Kruger indeed.
Yikes. Are you slow? Where did I write two paragraphs about you making it about race? It was a sentence, if you even want to call it that. Let's break this down even further.

„I'm playing a game where my sister has been trying to fuck me my entire life but characters not fitting my imagined racial makeup is where I draw the line”. Fucking Yanks.
|
V
yep, it's called immersion. you can have weird fiction but it still needs to be grounded in reality to make it feels right.
|
V
It' s also called ”The entire Western world has to be diverse but god forbid non-Japanese in Japan”. Never let go of that White Man's burden, did you?
I've played more than enough to know that it's hardly accurate to anything Japanese. The quotes you're referring to were simply talking about the broken immersion from so many non-Asians in a game based in JAPAN. As I referred to before, all other ethnic groups in Japan make up 1% of it's population. A fact. Not an opinion, not 'exceptionalism', just facts. Yet all we see are other Americans and/or European looking characters. Speaking as someone's who lived in Japan for an extended time, American people are rare, American FAMILIES are even rarer.

Look at the quotes. All of them mention immersion. All of them mention what as the root? The setting. Because there's literally nothing Japanese about it. There's literally several posts, including the ones you quoted, and probably more. Take a minute and read them, if you can. Then there's that "White Man's burden" line. Where'd you pull that from, a BLM protest? You literally just accused someone of thinking they weren't letting go of their duty to care for their colonial possession, and that's ignoring you assuming everyone who calls out anything is a 'yank'. What would you call that, exactly? That's why I said you made it about race. Poor thing. Take your woke bullshit back to Twitter, at least you'll have other people to be miserable with.

Have a nice day/night, though.

Dudlbert

Apr 16, 2020
Here's my WT & Cheat Mod for Hard To Love v0.03

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also adds mod options for better choices, AS PER ME.

Dude, thx for your effort but its confusing as hell... What are the actual "right" answers? The ones with or without the backround?! Plus sometimes the answers are green...

Thx in advance!

armond

Apr 26, 2020
It' s also called ”The entire Western world has to be diverse but god forbid non-Japanese in Japan”. Never let go of that White Man's burden, did you?
I could tell it was not america in the first place because of train travel and the way they talked about being a cop was clearly a different culture, I was assuming france and thinking he was interpol, ultimately it is pretty unimportant, but context like architecture and him being a cop really put japan as the setting low on the radar.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
I have no problem whatsoever that the game is set in Japan, actually it would be cool to have a western-mc/family is in Japan stuff thingy, but like MissFortune said there was no hint whatsoever that he game was set in Japan, at all, since the no-panties Asian girl appeared, everyone was just westerners with western names, so the whiplash effect that is affecting people thanks to this episode is well deserved I think.

Hell, this could be fixed with a single line in the beginning by stating that the MC is a cop in Japan.

Also, my criticism of it being a flashback episode is not that much of a big deal, it's just a bummer, I wanted the plot to move forward but this at least sets the foundation for it moving onwards.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
About the game being set in Japan, what's the problem with that?
If nobody told you where this game takes place, would you guess Japan?

It takes place in Japan, but there's not a single Japanese identifier anywhere. It's basically American/European (with some gothic architecture tossed in) from characters to environments. That's the issue everyone has with it. It's not where it takes place, but how it's represented.

Kinky Bully

Feb 17, 2020
If it's set in Japan, Nigeria, Croatia, Brazil, Pakistan... What's the problem with that?
There is nothing wrong with the game taking place in a different place. There are MANY games that take place in a different place of the world and in a different universe. But the good ones represent the environment and people of that place in a tasteful way. This one doesn't do it for any of them. I mean if you are going to say the game is taking place in Japan, represent the people and environment that way.

Ripson

Modder
Jun 21, 2020
Dude, thx for your effort but its confusing as hell... What are the actual "right" answers? The ones with or without the backround?! Plus sometimes the answers are green...

Thx in advance!
the one's that are green before you hover over them.

Ripson

Modder
Jun 21, 2020
hey about the mod I noticed that this game has a harem tag to begin with so what is the difference between the mod choices and I already played through the first chapter seems like the dev wanted us to choose one of the girl anyway almost the same as "badik" but badik doesn't have harem tag so the players already know they have to play multipple time to get spesifict ending.

so my question is, is this mod going to have a big impact like scarppy mod do with badik that allows you to pick all of the route or just to show you what whould it look like if you pick this choice kinda-thing?

and my confusion is so what is the point of having harem tag in this game if you can only pick on route at a time [ i know i should ask this question to the dev but i don't know if they will answer my question bcs im not relevant enough] thankyou.

and thanks for the mod. (y)
The dev might have added it for instance later in the game where you might end up with both the girls or all of them, but the scenes plan out differently. For now they are there just so you can watch all the possible outcomes, and you can adjust the points accordingly using the cheat mod. If at any given instance in the future, the dev adds a scene which plans out differently depending on the points you gather throughout the gameplay, there will a choice to watch both the scenes.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I haven't played this one much. A bit of first release, but that's it. But, after reading all of these comments, has anyone even thought that maybe, since the MC is a cop, he got shot in the head and while not in a coma, he's in some sort of weird dream fugue state?

Yeah, I'm probably grasping at straws here, but, if it's as crazy as people are posting, it's the only thing my mind can come up with. :ROFLMAO:

KnightOwlSC

Oct 12, 2021
Edit: You folks know damn well why this update is like this...
Fan boi much ;)

I don't think anyone is complaining about the MC spending time with Nanami BUT you might be right about the van thing..

They must have kidnapped the dev and gotten into a horrific car crash that left the dev in a coma.. when dev awoke they had lost their memory (or had it jumbled up) so dev ended up confusing this VN and their next VN "MCs Really Bad Month In Japan".. mystery solved everyone! :D Next update will have the MC waking up in the hospital after a 2nd near drowning experience with Nanami laying beside them (fully clothed of course) on the bed :D

Dogorti

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2021
Yeah, this update is kinda bad. flashbacks have always seemed like an annoying narrative resource, I think the devs should focus more on the present, there are other ways to explain the bad state the mc was in, a simple conversation with a character was enough or even an internal dialogue tbh

And about the setting, well, it's very strange, but the truth is that it doesn't bother me much, I've seen things much more strange and difficult to believe in other games tbf

in any case this update was not to my liking but the other two were quite good, I just hope that there are not many other flashbacks and there is more focus on the mc's family which is the most interesting thing imo, of course this is just what I wish after all it is the devs who decide what to do with their game

Reactions: User1230

randomguy

Aug 5, 2016
Besides the weird Japan thing this entire update was dedicated to talking to a character you don't know and flashbacks. Literally nothing of interest for anyone who has enjoyed the game up to this point.

Yup, I initially thought I downloaded like a bugged version that kicks me out earlier. It felt like the update is completely unrelated to anything that's been going on so far. You hit the nail on the head.

Reactions: JohnSheridan

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
I was very confused. Besides the Sakura tree, I thought the game was set in some Western country. Then the MC starts talking about Osaka in a way someone from, for example, America will talk about some other city also in America. Then details about him and Paz being on the Osaka PD threw me off. Mainly because from the characters, setting details and pretty much everything else made it seem like this was in a Western country up until this update. I even questioned if maybe the MC was from a Western country, moved to Japan and then moved back to home, but that wouldn't make sense. I don't mind it being in Japan, but up until now there was no clear indication and it seems like the setting will play an important role moving forward and it would've been nice for that detail to be more clear. I am guessing this may have been limited by Daz assets, but would've been nice if earlier updates established this in other ways aside from the tree.

As for the characters and story, I found it kind of uninteresting primarily because what got me interested in the story was the MC's relationship with the mother of his child and the rest of his family. The update pivots to an almost entirely different subplot with Arlette and Rina. Characters I struggled to care about and also a good chunk of the update is the MC having sex during his downward spiral. The stuff with Paz was good to better establish their relationship. I don't mind the flashbacks, at least I didn't mind the flashbacks when they involved the MC's family or the mother of his daughter. Those were good and I actually wanted more, but flashbacks like this with the only exception being the Paz stuff, didn't do it for me.

SuperPerv96

Apr 21, 2018
Are you really asking folks to go fetch your fapping material for you? Goddamn you're lazy as fuck! Next you'll ask if someone will fetch the sock off your floor so you can cleanup too? :ROFLMAO: :p
And you are rude as Fuck, i havent played the game, i would have to download it and play it to find out who they actually are when its posible i might not even like them, that why i'm asking if theres somebody kind enough (obviously not you) to show me a pic of them

3.70 star(s) 124 Votes