4.00 star(s) 18 Votes

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
Dev Log #12 | Episode 1

The Final Dev Log for This Episode

We're so close to the release of the long-awaited continuation of Hardenville. As many of you know, I aimed for the end of June as the release date for Episode 1. But to cut it short, I need one additional week to properly test everything and polish it so it's delivered in the best shape possible. There are a lot of changes in Episode 1. There has been plenty of trial and error over the last few months with renders. However, I personally feel that Episode 1 is done more professionally and also has a more professional feel than The Prologue.

As much as I hate to announce a one-week delay, I promise with all my heart that it will release in two weeks, during the week of July 1-7. I'm aiming for a Friday release, but in the worst-case scenario, I might need Saturday and/or Sunday as well. However, it will be released that weekend for sure. I had originally planned a short week off that week, but that is, of course, postponed to after the Episode 1 release that weekend. It will be good for my heart to take a break from three energy drinks every day.

Other than that, this will be the last Dev Log for Episode 1. The next Dev Log will be for Episode 2.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
Hi there. Do you need a French translator /proofreader? It will be completely manual.
Hey, thanks for reaching out.

We already have a French translator, but as I mentioned earlier this year, I wanted roughly two translators per language. So if you're up to the task, hit me up on (message JoyFI Games), or send an email to contact@joyfigames.com.

We currently have:
  • 1 English proofreader
  • 1 German translator
  • 1 French translator
  • 1 Brazilian translator (Portuguese)

For anyone else who might consider helping out with translation for their country, please reach out. We have a shared closed channel for all translators on , as well as a dedicated channel for each language they are translating. I expect that all translators respect each other, and fair criticism to make things better is also welcome. Those who are accepted into our translator team will, of course, agree not to share any unreleased scripts, early versions of the game, and so on.

Sony676

Mar 14, 2021
So.... Sunday, huh. I hope the release will not move forward week or so later. AGAIN.
At least it should have a lot of content compared to the initial release and I'm really looking forward to it. Delays are the most common thing for those creators I guess but of course I also hope that the release awaits us tomorrow.

I personally would only give releasedates or a clear estimation if the render/animation queue etc is predictable.

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
So.... Sunday, huh. I hope the release will not move forward week or so later. AGAIN.
I can confirm that Episode 1 will be released late tomorrow. I know it's been a long wait for all of us. There have been many changes, and I've made some mistakes in prioritizing tasks. However, I am confident that I'm now in a good rhythm to deliver Episode 2 much more quickly. Such a long wait for an episode release should not happen again. I will do my best to avoid sharing specific dates unless I am certain I can meet them.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
‼ ANNOUNCEMENT ‼

It's been a long wait for this release. I've redone renders countless times and should have prioritized and been much more efficient.

## Episode 1 Changes
The home alone party was originally planned to be in Episode 1, which was going to include some sex scenes. However, Episode 1 is ending after the preparty and right before the main party begins. This is to avoid rushing into scenes too early. Now, we have a calmer approach to Episode 2, which will be very lewd.

## Focus of Episode 2
Episode 2 will only focus on the party, which will take place at home in one location. This should make development much faster. The planned release for Episode 2 is Fall 2024.

## Music Library Overhaul
There are many new and changed things. Unfortunately, we needed to change the music library due to their recent policy change regarding media recommended for 18+ audiences. Luckily, we've found good alternatives, but they are much more expensive. The old music provider had a flat yearly subscription for roughly $400 for unlimited songs, whereas our new music provider costs $150-$200 per song. Additionally, thousands of dollars have been spent on new assets since The Prologue, while Steam sales from the last two months have been around $300 after taxes. I strongly believe this project won't become profitable for about a year, or maybe longer. So please keep in mind that while I will finish this project no matter what and will continue to invest in it, I ask for your patience.

## Upcoming Updates
In one or two weeks, we'll update Hardenville to include French, German, Portuguese, and proofreading of English, as well as some cool new stuff, including an official Android Port. I will likely update Hardenville with some small patches shortly to include more SFX and fix grammar mistakes.

### Here's what's new and improved in Hardenville Episode 1 (0.2.0)
- 13 new gallery images
- 8 new Steam Achievements
- 2 new mini-games: handball shoot-out and never have I ever
- Added the skip option back in the preferences
- Can now choose whether to call the landlord and landlady by their name or relation
- Changed music provider, all new songs, now with song name and artist displayed
- Continuation of the story
- Corrected some screens that were not being pointed back to the correct screen
- Emojis in text messages
- Fixed a few persistent values not being saved
- New animations
- New contacts
- New residents
- Some new sound effects, with more to be added soon
- Slightly faster UI
- Slightly new UI look
- Twice the content of the Prologue

### Steam

### Patreon

### SubscriberStar

### Itch.io

(update is pending due to larger size) Hardenville_Episode_1.png gallery_image_9_2.jpg

Last edited:

Mr. Robo

Jun 30, 2024
Hey, Dev.

I needed to let you know a few things and I hope it helps.

First thing.

I did check the Steam discussions and I did see that post you replied to, the one that mentioned what you said was a "lie" but they didn't understand what was up. I couldn't reply to them to let them know you did release the update (since it wasn't on steam yet) because I have a Community Ban (for having multiple false bans because of the Devs/Mods that banned me only did it to hide the truth, that they are liars/scammers/Devs who "abandoned" their game but continue to sell it on Steam to collect free money or so)

Anyways. I am sorry that you had to read that after not sleeping for a whole day and doing a lot of work for this update. I wish I could have stepped in to help you out but that fucking ban.... it truly cripples my ability to help anyone (especially Devs like you) that needs help. I'm trying though.

Onto the update.

It's been a while since I last played and as soon as I jump in, the whole Bathroom Stall/Porta Potty action happens... lol. Not complaining but man, caught me off guard. Don't remember anyone, and what the hell is even going on (plot wise lol) but woah, I am sure the MC enjoyed the bjs.

I'm surprised that there weren't animations for the bjs. The cum kinda looked weird a bit (especially seeing it leak from sara's nose?) reminds me of candle wax.

In this scene, why do her boobs/nipples look blurry? the next frame they're clear as day. The phone being on the bottom right like that looks weird. Just have a phone icon or something. Also, as you can see, at the bottom, there's no "Save/Load" etc which most these games usually have.

Hardyvilley.jpg

How do I save? because I right click and the usual menu that lets me save doesn't pop up. I checked everything and I don't see where to save the game and had to quit without saving. I checked the keys and everything, but nothing mentions where to save/load. The (continue/load) is only at the main menu... but if I had a save to load, it means I saved it before, I just don't remember how I did it lol.

I have some issues with the animated scenes (the one where the camera zooms in while you go to the beach?) and then the one at the start of Episode 1 (the intro) while the animation plays, I get black flashes, some frame stutter and audio clicks. Which means that they aren't smooth, frame stutters (not too bad) and has some audio clicks but that is also not that bad.

I stopped playing so I could leave this post. I'll return if anything else needs to be mentioned.

Dev, thank you for your hard work and I am sorry if you have to deal with some people who don't believe you or so. Just ignore them and do what you gotta do. Don't let them mess with your feelings/emotions or attention.

Continue on but don't go too crazy. Get your much needed rest and take care of yourself. This is your first game release and it's already amazing.

Last edited:

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
I did check the Steam discussions and I did see that post you replied to, the one that mentioned what you said was a "lie" but they didn't understand what was up. I couldn't reply to them to let them know you did release the update (since it wasn't on steam yet) because I have a Community Ban (for having multiple false bans because of the Devs/Mods that banned me only did it to hide the truth, that they are liars/scammers/Devs who "abandoned" their game but continue to sell it on Steam to collect free money or so)

Anyways. I am sorry that you had to read that after not sleeping for a whole day and doing a lot of work for this update. I wish I could have stepped in to help you out but that fucking ban.... it truly cripples my ability to help anyone (especially Devs like you) that needs help. I'm trying though.
I really appreciate your kind words. I did just manage to get a couple of hours of sleep, finally. It's generally very stressful to deliver an update when I've delayed it so many times.

I'm surprised that there weren't animations for the bjs. The cum kinda looked weird a bit (especially seeing it leak from sara's nose?) reminds me of candle wax.
Future BJs will be animated. I agree that the cum on Sandra doesn't look good; it was a simple premade prop/accessory. I'm currently exploring real-time fluids and hope to have that ready in Episode 2 so we can have running sperm in animations.

In this scene, why do her boobs/nipples look blurry? the next frame they're clear as day.
View attachment 3810539

You're right. Apparently, at that time, I set the camera to focus on her genitalia. I don't know why.

Emma out of focus.png

Here is what it would look like if made today, with slightly better sand textures (the old one was upscaled about five times, and you can actually see insanely big footsteps in the sand) and collision with dForce breasts on all characters.

OLD VS NEW:

00011 (WeddingNightSwim59).png 00011 (WeddingNightSwim59) Remaster.png

How do I save? because I right click and the usual menu that lets me save doesn't pop up. I checked everything and I don't see where to save the game and had to quit without saving.
Saving is located in Play, then the Save is next to Load. It is replaced by the "New" in the main menu. Can you please confirm that you can see it?

Main Menu:

screenshot0015.png

Game Menu:

screenshot0016.png

I have some issues with the animated scenes (the one where the camera zooms in while you go to the beach?) and then the one at the start of Episode 1 (the intro) while the animation plays, I get black flashes, some frame stutter and audio clicks. Which means that they aren't smooth, frame stutters (not too bad) and has some audio clicks but that is also not that bad.
You're right. I struggled to find a decent solution in Renpy because it is limited in which video formats are supported, especially those with audio. I had to compress it to make it work. I'm currently looking for a better solution to have higher quality video with separate audio.

Dev, thank you for your hard work and I am sorry if you have to deal with some people who don't believe you or so. Just ignore them and do what you gotta do. Don't let them mess with your feelings/emotions or attention.

Continue on but don't go too crazy. Get your much needed rest and take care of yourself. This is your first game release and it's already amazing.
Thanks again, mate. It means a lot. I appreciate your constructive feedback. This is exactly what I need to make the game better—honest suggestions on how to improve things, rather than just comments like "I hate it" or "It sucks."

Overall, I must be honest and say that the game needs more polish, and that's what I'm working on now. I'm adding more ambient and general SFX, fixing grammar mistakes, and so on.

I'm also going to make some changes to how gallery images are collected. For example, clicking on a certain object in a specific render, instead of mostly unlocking everything just by progressing through the story.

An official Android port is coming in the next two weeks or so, along with an officially English proofread version, and three or more languages.

Last edited:

Yaaai

Jan 2, 2022
i can't unlock the 4th scene from the gallery.. need guide
and I have a question: why are they playing "never have I ever" in silence, without giving any comments or reacts:unsure:

Mr. Robo

Jun 30, 2024
I really appreciate your kind words. I did just manage to get a couple of hours of sleep, finally. It's generally very stressful to deliver an update when I've delayed it so many times.

Future BJs will be animated. I agree that the cum on Sandra doesn't look good; it was a simple premade prop/accessory. I'm currently exploring real-time fluids and hope to have that ready in Episode 2 so we can have running sperm in animations.

You're right. Apparently, at that time, I set the camera to focus on her genitalia. I don't know why. Here is what it would look like if made today, with slightly better sand textures (the old one was upscaled about five times, and you can actually see insanely big footsteps in the sand) and collision with dForce breasts on all characters.

Saving is located in Play, then the Save is next to Load. It is replaced by the "New" in the main menu. Can you please confirm that you can see it?

You're right. I struggled to find a decent solution in Renpy because it is limited in which video formats are supported, especially those with audio. I had to compress it to make it work. I'm currently looking for a better solution to have higher quality video with separate audio.

Thanks again, mate. It means a lot. I appreciate your constructive feedback. This is exactly what I need to make the game better—honest suggestions on how to improve things, rather than just comments like "I hate it" or "It sucks."

Overall, I must be honest and say that the game needs more polish, and that's what I'm working on now. I'm adding more ambient and general SFX, fixing grammar mistakes, and so on.

I'm also going to make some changes to how gallery images are collected. For example, clicking on a certain object in a specific render, instead of mostly unlocking everything just by progressing through the story.

An official Android port is coming in the next two weeks or so, along with an officially English proofread version, and three or more languages.
I'm glad you managed to get a couple hours of sleep :) gotta let that battery (brain) charge, don't self-drain your energy. I think you should only mention a date when you're 100% positive it will be out on that date. You could also not give a specific date and just keep us updated on the progression. As it nears the finish line, then you should have an idea of what to say when you need to say it.

It's your first game release so, try not to stress yourself out. Keep calm and carry on, to the next task and so forth. Taking breaks when you need it. To eat, Use Bathroom, etc. I'm here for you if you need someone to chat with, to rant to or bounce some things off me.

Ah, I guess it's fine if the Stall BJs don't have any animations. it looked uncomfortable lol and I have no idea how the MC's cock slipped into the hole so perfectly lol. But yaaas, give me that running sperm xP I actually had no idea there wasn't even "Animated" tag lmao! and no Anal tag? noooo! I needs this lol

Hmm, you had pussy on the brain xD so, you focused on that instead of the boobs. I wish you could just replace that image with the new one but then things wouldn't match. You can see that the Stall/Porta Potty leaves a shadow on the sand. In the new one, that shadow is gone. I definitely notice the better sand textures. I have no clue what dForce breasts are, but I do like how she's holding her breasts in the new one.

Ah, I can see the "save" now. I had no clue I had to press on "Play" to see it. It feels kinda weird clicking on "Play" when you are already in the game. Why not just name it "Bookmark" or something else? so people (like me) don't get confused lol

Oh, so that's why. Man, you upscaled stuff, compressed things, I am sorry you were dealing with chaos behind the scenes... and then you come online and deal with people who don't even know and are quick to doubt you. I had no idea either so, I guess I should have. I'm sorry you are dealing with these things :/ but glad to see that you're a fighter and not a quitter.

You just have to find the video format most Devs use. That way, you aren't compressing it so much and it can play smoothly. I just don't know who'd you go about asking. I think maybe not even another Dev, just someone more knowledgeable in this area.

You're welcome :) and no problem. I am just happy that I got to reply to you to let you know, it's okay. You will have impatient fans foaming at the mouth for a new update or etc. You gotta ignore the impatient ones who don't understand what you're dealing with and going through. You have to look past those and focus on the ones that really matter. I wish I was techier to help you out in more ways than just this way.

If I can help make the game even better, I am all for it. I am sorry if most people don't give you many or any suggestions and only complain and talk shit. Just don't forget me, I'll be here for you. Need to vent? etc, you know where to find me.

Yeah, I agree. It needs a good, sweet polish. I am sure it'll look even more amazing once you are done doing that. Are the voices tied to the Sound effects/music or so? I thought it would be tied to "Voice" but probably not because I think I had to lower the sound effects to get rid of the moans. The grammar has been very good :)

Oh, so like a "special render" hunt? a "Point & Click" section? eh, I don't care much for those renders. I usually click on them if I see it in the scene but barely bother looking for them or at them since I am more focused on the actual story related renders.

I also don't think you can get every render by progressing through the story (well, once anyways) since there will be different paths, right? If not, then I guess certain renders will be tied to the choices instead of different endings. I don't mind what you have planned. I'll collect the renders no problem.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JoyFI Games

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
to be honest haven't even gotten around to trying this game out yet I forgot all about it was waiting for this update to try it out. I'm finalizing how much im gonna spend during the steam sale but if I don't over do it I might just go and buy this. Even if I don't know it's for me or not but for $3.50 doesn't matter I like the look of the graphics and the blonde with the freckles id play it just for that even if I end up not liking everything else. I'll be sure to post a review when I do get around to playing this.

Reactions: Mr. Robo

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
i can't unlock the 4th scene from the gallery.. need guide
There is a "Click here for hints" button below the Episode 1 title in the galleries.

The images that you're probably referring to are gallery images 10 and 11. Both consist of two images each. Additionally, there are 14 new gallery images within the 7 thumbnails. I can change the numbering to always start at 1 for each new episode instead of continuing with the numbering from the last chapter. This would make the guide easier to understand. I might also switch to having each image have its own thumbnail, rather than having some with two or three images in the same thumbnail.

And this is how you can unlock these images:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Why are they playing "never have I ever" in silence, without giving any comments or reacts?
I'm adding more sound effects. Or do you mean that they should include dialogue between each round?

Mr. Robo

Jun 30, 2024
I'm adding more sound effects. Or do you mean that they should include dialogue between each round?
Well, for the game "Never have I ever' the people playing have to indeed, talk between each round. Since everyone has to say to each other "Never have I Ever" done this/that. And whoever has done that specific thing has to take a shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yaaai

Zereen

Jan 24, 2019
‼ ANNOUNCEMENT ‼

It's been a long wait for this release. I've redone renders countless times and should have prioritized and been much more efficient.

## Episode 1 Changes
The home alone party was originally planned to be in Episode 1, which was going to include some sex scenes. However, Episode 1 is ending after the preparty and right before the main party begins. This is to avoid rushing into scenes too early. Now, we have a calmer approach to Episode 2, which will be very lewd.

## Focus of Episode 2
Episode 2 will only focus on the party, which will take place at home in one location. This should make development much faster. The planned release for Episode 2 is Fall 2024.

There are many new and changed things. Unfortunately, we needed to change the music library due to their recent policy change regarding media recommended for 18+ audiences. Luckily, we've found good alternatives, but they are much more expensive. The old music provider had a flat yearly subscription for roughly $400 for unlimited songs, whereas our new music provider costs $150-$200 per song. Additionally, thousands of dollars have been spent on new assets since The Prologue, while Steam sales from the last two months have been around $300 after taxes. I strongly believe this project won't become profitable
‼ ANNOUNCEMENT ‼

## Episode 1 Changes

## Focus of Episode 2

There are many new and changed things. Unfortunately, we needed to change the music library due to their recent policy change regarding media recommended for 18+ audiences. Luckily, we've found good alternatives, but they are much more expensive. The old music provider had a flat yearly subscription for roughly $400 for unlimited songs, whereas our new music provider costs $150-$200 per song. Additionally, thousands of dollars have been spent on new assets since The Prologue, while Steam sales from the last two months have been around $300 after taxes. I strongly believe this project won't become profitable for about a year, or maybe longer. So please keep in mind that while I will finish this project no matter what and will continue to invest in it, I ask for your patience.

## Upcoming Updates
In one or two weeks, we'll update Hardenville to include French, German, Portuguese, and proofreading of English, as well as some cool new stuff, including an official Android Port. I will likely update Hardenville with some small patches shortly to include more SFX and fix grammar mistakes.

### Here's what's new and improved in Hardenville Episode 1 (0.2.0)
- 13 new gallery images
- 8 new Steam Achievements
- 2 new mini-games: handball shoot-out and never have I ever
- Added the skip option back in the preferences
- Can now choose whether to call the landlord and landlady by their name or relation
- Changed music provider, all new songs, now with song name and artist displayed
- Continuation of the story
- Corrected some screens that were not being pointed back to the correct screen
- Emojis in text messages
- Fixed a few persistent values not being saved
- New animations
- New contacts
- New residents
- Some new sound effects, with more to be added soon
- Slightly faster UI
- Slightly new UI look
- Twice the content of the Prologue

### Steam

### Patreon

### SubscriberStar

### Itch.io

(update is pending due to larger size) View attachment 3810218 View attachment 3810222
So, apart of being delayed for like 6 months, it was also cut in half?
F

Mr. Robo

Jun 30, 2024
Did you even bother to read anything or just came in for a little stab at the Dev? if you don't know what's fully going on, it's better to stay silent.

You gonna help this solo Dev out? why not be helpful? instead of leaving a pointless snarky comment.

4.00 star(s) 18 Votes