4.00 star(s) 18 Votes

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
Finding the font and installing it took longer than playing through this release. Wow what a letdown.
Which download did you use? Most likely, it wasn't an official one. All fonts should be "baked in" to the game package, at least for the Mac and Windows versions. If you're playing an unofficial Android, compressed version, etc., I'm not responsible for it.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
I can understand that he's using his money (money earned from sells/patreon etc) on expensive in-game things for us to enjoy (buying music, outfits, this/that) and not really seeing much on the return side (money wise) so, understandable if he's wanting a bit more from it.

It doesn't help that the leeches come out of the woodwork and download his first game, for free. Sucks knowing a small percentage of people bought the game, but a high majority of the downloads are from leeches.
Well, until a few years ago indie games were just this. They are passion projects, and until Patreon became some sort of pay as you go model indie devs made a game and released it. They didnt get funding from random people, they built the game and sold it.

Thats what these games are. These adult games are indie devs who want to be paid while working on the project. Is that fine? Yes, absolutely. But should it be expected? Hardly. I dont pay people for wanting to work on their golf hobby. I dont pay people to buy books so they can read more. And until a game is finished and released I dont pay indie devs to work on projects that may never see completion.

When the product is finished Ill gladly pay the appropriate price for an indie game if it seems worth it.

Reactions: Amedeux

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Which download did you use? Most likely, it wasn't an official one. All fonts should be "baked in" to the game package, at least for the Mac and Windows versions. If you're playing an unofficial Android, compressed version, etc., I'm not responsible for it.
On Linux we need to get:
Code:
ttf-mscorefonts-installer
and install it if we haven't already. Then follow the prompts to install it. Not really a big deal. But a lot of people don't know. Especially the new people on Linux.

Reactions: JoyFI Games

jingyuchua

Dec 4, 2023
I don't understand why you think I'm doing this just for the money. If that were the case, I certainly wouldn't spend thousands of hours working without a salary and investing so much money into the project. I'm doing it because I'm passionate about this and I genuinely enjoy it. I don't understand where you got the idea that I have "given up." I'm simply asking for small donations if you enjoyed playing this free version so I can continue to invest in this project with new assets and improvements.
Don't mind everyone who speaks here Dev, there is nothing wrong with asking for support for a game you are developing, people here for some reason don't understand that devs too have financial stuff in real life. I have talked to few first time devs who i support on patreon and people who don't know just don't seem to grasp reality. If you don't want to support just don't do it, no need to bash a dev just because he is requesting for support on a pirate site where all get everything for free, need more maturity here. Btw Dev i'll be subbing to you in a few days on patreon, I'll connect with you on discord as soon as i subscribe.:)

falcon93

Sep 2, 2017
I got the Windows version from the 1st page, the Mega Link one. I also got the font error.

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
is there a wt? the other one is not updated
No one has made an updated WT and shared it here yet. I was experimenting with adding a WT in-game through a password, allowing it to be enabled or disabled in the settings. However, I haven't managed to get the different UI for choice images to work properly yet. The last WT mod I tried only changed text color, but I wanted to use different colors for the choice images. Unfortunately, the width adjustments didn't quite work as intended. Hopefully, this feature will be available in-game from Episode 2 onward.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Instead of hating on things, please use your words to encourage me to spend thousands more hours working on this project. If you disagree with something, constructive feedback is welcome, and please provide examples. If you don't like any characters, the build-up, or anything in the recent release, then I'm sorry, this game might not be for you. Please don’t share hate just to spread hate.
I'm partially disabled and can't really do mini games that involve quick time events. If a game has these and they are not skippable, I can't play it.
Part of why I enjoy AVNs is the lack of QTE that just frustrate the players for no real reason.
Too late to get a refund on Steam, but I hope you will make the game more accessible in the future. (y)

Mr. Robo

Jun 30, 2024
I'm partially disabled and can't really do mini games that involve quick time events. If a game has these and they are not skippable, I can't play it.

Part of why I enjoy AVNs is the lack of QTE that just frustrate the players for no real reason.
Too late to get a refund on Steam, but I hope you will make the game more accessible in the future. (y)
Aww, sorry to hear that :( mmm, definitely something the Dev should take into account. But I guess that would be something hard to know when you don't know every single person who is playing your game.

I think this won't be a problem. Also, just fail the ball game, I did lol And nothing wrong with asking the Dev to add some more options, especially if you're disabled.

If you don't feel like wanting the gallery image, just press on the screen 5 times, soon a skip button and it's gone. If it wasn't a shootout, then the gallery images to them wouldn't have been made either.
But then I think about the person missing out on the render and only because they are disabled. Now, I don't know if Bloodguard cares for the image or not, but I think if there's a box checked (in the settings for "disabled") I think they deserve to get the image instantly.

Up to the Dev how he wants to do this. I'm just thinking of options and solutions.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Aww, sorry to hear that :( mmm, definitely something the Dev should take into account. But I guess that would be something hard to know when you don't know every single person who is playing your game.

I think this won't be a problem. Also, just fail the ball game, I did lol And nothing wrong with asking the Dev to add some more options, especially if you're disabled.

But then I think about the person missing out on the render and only because they are disabled. Now, I don't know if Bloodguard cares for the image or not, but I think if there's a box checked (in the settings for "disabled") I think they deserve to get the image instantly.

Up to the Dev how he wants to do this. I'm just thinking of options and solutions.
I like how DrPinkCake gives you the option to turn mini games off and still get the extra images in different ways. (y)
I understand wanting to add something to the game to make it more unique, but the players complaining about mini games in pretty much every AVN that has them, should be an indicator that a lot of people would like an alternative other than feeling like a loser because you can't win. ;)

Mr. Robo

Jun 30, 2024
I like how DrPinkCake gives you the option to turn mini games off and still get the extra images in different ways. (y)

other than feeling like a loser because you can't win.
Again, all you have to do is talk with or ask the Dev.

"Can you add a Skip option? but also another way of unlocking the image?" and then "I'm disabled and won't be able to play mini games, but I also don't want to feel like a loser for not being able to and would like an optional way of getting said render/image etc"

I don't feel like a loser lol if I don't get it, it's whatever to me. An extra render doesn't mean anything to me but I know it means a lot to others (gotta catch'em all) type feeling. You shouldn't feel like a loser since, it isn't your fault that you're disabled.

At least the skip option is coming.

OtakuRakuen

Apr 1, 2022
Walkthrough/Ipatch
Game/Developer: Hardenville/ JoyFI Games -
Game Version: 0.1.2
Mod Version: 0.3
Here is my walkthrough/choiceguide mod for Hardenville. This Mod highlights the best choices and offers cheat options. Also added an Ipatch.

Updated to version 0.1.2/ If you played 0.1.0 then you dont have to play this, it just has some Code changes
Added an Ipatch that changes the relations. To make it work !FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download:
Downlaod with Ipatch:

uhh, the WT seems to break the game whenever I hit Right Mouse or escape.

• Haha
Reactions: Vortex@

Mr. Robo

Jun 30, 2024
Well, actually, in my spare time, I participate in team sports, and I'm the "president" of the student team club.

My team has roughly 50-60 members, both male and female.

We also play a lot of Beer Pong and a game we call "Throw." In "Throw," we read out questions like "Who is most likely to get pregnant first," then one person throw an object, often a Snus box / ZYN box, to that person. The person who receives it needs to drink three times, the people next to them drink twice, and the ones next to them drink once. Then the person who received the Snus box throws it for the next question.

I appreciate you, so thank you for your honest feedback and for supporting me
So, I finished Episode 1 (right when it was getting good too...) but I am so confused. The "Never Have I Ever" game was played correctly... why did some people say no one talked? or did you just add this? there are questions, choices and it played out well (Finally found out who's dildo it was lol naughty minx)

As I was playing it, I was like "um, this is what I said the game should have, and it does?" so yeah lol I got confused there. But maaan, why did you end it there? grrr xD at least a bit more time of getting wasted should have been there. I'll let it slide lol I just hope the next Episode won't leave me hanging like that. I know, you teased me good with it... how dare you.

I am clueless about team sports and the whole nine. I know of "Book/Science" etc Clubs but a "Student Team" Club? I have no clue what the hell that is lol. Jesus, so many people.. fam, I'm good lol

Seems like easy ways to get wasted quickly and possibly, maybe get laid? don't know how well things go if everyone is blasted/horny.

Also, "Who is most likely to get pregnant first" the fuck lol I'd assume the first female/male who end making a bad decision, maybe multiple (fucking with no protection, letting the guy cum inside, more than once if anything and no after pill etc) that question though lol like "Who's the sluttiest of them all?" xD you savage.

You are welcome, my friend. And thank you for the kind words and no problemo :)

uhh, the WT seems to break the game whenever I hit Right Mouse or escape.
Look at the game version, buddy-o

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
The "Never Have I Ever" game was played correctly... why did some people say no one talked? or did you just add this?
Why I felt like they never talked is because of this but keep in mind I have never played it before only seen it other AVN's. But in those AVN's in between rounds before the next question usually 1 or 2 characters would give a brief summary or story of their experience about said question if they done it before. However when I played it just felt like the moved on to the next question right away.

Jun 27, 2017
The update was short but nice, but for some reason i can't unlock the images that you get for winning Millie in the handball mini game. You are supposed to to win 5-0 to unlock them. But didn't unlock, do you have to to play a pure chance not cheesing with load and save or its just a bug?

Mr. Robo

Jun 30, 2024
The update was short but nice, but for some reason i can't unlock the images that you get for winning Millie in the handball mini game. You are supposed to to win 5-0 to unlock them. But didn't unlock, do you have to to play a pure chance not cheesing with load and save or its just a bug?
Hmm, I got all the Achievements/Specials. No bug on my end. Don't know why it isn't working for you. Granted, every spot I clicked on was the spot I had to click lol I saved but didn't even need to use it once. Which was fucking weird lol.

LoveHarden.jpg

Dev, I spot a little mistake in one of the special renders. Look

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
Thank you for the feedback. I will look for a good solution to address this in the future.

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
The game has the nice clean and clear lighting look that I like. Similar to JOHN and Summer Heat. The code is also nicely organized with some nice tricks to learn from. A good start so far, looking forward to future releases.

Some comments/suggestions:

Given the pop-up about playing on 4k screen it would be great if the quick menu and the corner phone are semi-transparent to reduce OLED burn-in. The white text of the quick menu is also very distracting during play. When idle they are should be that faint gray color.

It would be nice if right-clicking during gameplay brings up the save screen directly instead of yet another menu. It would be great if it essentially a nicely customized version of renpy's default behavior of save screen with the navigation menu on the side bar.

Speaking of saves, it would be great if we can name saves. The style I prefer is a text box in the save screen versus a popup asking for the name. This way it is optional and avoids unnecessary clicks just to save with a name.

I do get the idea that the gallery pages are there to promote the idea of future content. As a player I rather have only pages with content versus clicking through so many pages of coming soon.

The minigames are just simple enough but I can see how the randomized nature can be annoying especially if there are gallery pics or achievements tied to winning or losing them. It never hurts to have an option to skip mini-games. If it helps call it an accessibility feature.

It is nice that the game has Steam Achievements. It would be great if we can see the Achievements in the game itself and not restrict it only to Steam. Perhaps the Achievements can be tied to an extra gallery so there is a reward for getting them.

Best of luck to the development and definitely putting this on my wishlist.
I totally missed this comment. Thanks for the feedback. I agree about the semi-transparent text in the quick menu and the naming of the saves, as future chapters will have more and more paths. As for the achievements, I might create an "app" for the phone to track them.

Last edited:
Reactions: asahibito
4.00 star(s) 18 Votes