3.90 star(s) 22 Votes

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
Oh, and by the way, in the upcoming small update, I've added some requested features, such as the ability to name saves, display page numbers, and provide a better overview when clicking through saves. Additionally, the date and time will now be displayed in either European or US format, depending on your settings in the in-game phone.

screenshot0020.png screenshot0021.png Save game.png screenshot0022.png

franzo

Sep 30, 2017
If the majority like 75% wants braces go for it. If not, its maybe better to avoid future problems especially with patreon. I understand the argument that also older people have braces but why risk it for a small majority?

_EROS_

Jan 20, 2024
I actually tried many different braces months ago and eventually gave up because of issues like clipping through the teeth or not following the teeth during expressions. However, I finally found some braces that work great for Ariel, at least. I tested them with various poses and expressions—opening her jaw, different smiles with teeth showing, etc.—and everything seems to work well. The braces are positioned a few millimeters in front of her teeth, but that shouldn't be noticeable to the player unless pointed out or in extreme close-ups from a specific angle. Overall, there shouldn't be any issue using these braces for G8.1 female.

If you're a Daz user, I'm using this asset with a different shader than what's included:

Full images of Ariel with and without braces:

View attachment 3929948 View attachment 3929949
images (8).jpeg
Definitely braces :love:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: metamorphMP

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
haha I find it funny as hell that person on the steam comment acts like im the only one that wants braces but guess cause im too active on these forums it seems that way

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
I just tried the link - says "invite invalid"
Sorry, that's my mistake. The old link was set to never expire, but my moderator and I converted the Discord server to a "community" last night and will make significant changes, which likely broke all the links. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll fix it across all platforms soon.

Here’s a new link:

Last edited:
Reactions: metamorphMP

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Oh, and by the way, in the upcoming small update, I've added some requested features, such as the ability to name saves, display page numbers, and provide a better overview when clicking through saves. Additionally, the date and time will now be displayed in either European or US format, depending on your settings in the in-game phone.

View attachment 3930701 View attachment 3930708 View attachment 3930716 View attachment 3930712
Thanks for adding the save feature. Would have still preferred a version that does involve a pop-up window. It just makes the process of saving so much slower, especially since this game already replaced the save menu with a save/load menu. Something straight on screen like the walkthrough mod would have been preferrable and super easy to implement.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I actually tried many different braces months ago and eventually gave up because of issues like clipping through the teeth or not following the teeth during expressions. However, I finally found some braces that work great for Ariel, at least. I tested them with various poses and expressions—opening her jaw, different smiles with teeth showing, etc.—and everything seems to work well. The braces are positioned a few millimeters in front of her teeth, but that shouldn't be noticeable to the player unless pointed out or in extreme close-ups from a specific angle. Overall, there shouldn't be any issue using these braces for G8.1 female.

If you're a Daz user, I'm using this asset with a different shader than what's included:

Full images of Ariel with and without braces:

View attachment 3929948 View attachment 3929949
I'm not a Daz user. User to dabble with Blender back in the day though. But as long as you have a handle on it, I say definitely do it.

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
Thanks for adding the save feature. Would have still preferred a version that does involve a pop-up window. It just makes the process of saving so much slower, especially since this game already replaced the save menu with a save/load menu. Something straight on screen like the walkthrough mod would have been preferrable and super easy to implement.
I didn't quite catch what you meant here. Did you mean to write that you "would prefer a version that does NOT involve a pop-up window"?

The save naming method I've added remembers the last save name you used. This means that if you just saved as "Path Millie Only," that text will automatically fill in the pop-up the next time you save, until you change it. This allows you to simply click "Yes" each time until you're ready to write a new save name. I've found this method to be quite fast.

Here’s how it works:
  1. One click to open the game menu.
  2. One click to navigate to the save page.
  3. One click to confirm the save name (unless it's the first time naming a save).
  4. And lastly, one click to return to the story.

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
I didn't quite catch what you meant here. Did you mean to write that you "would prefer a version that does NOT involve a pop-up window"?

The save naming method I've added remembers the last save name you used. This means that if you just saved as "Path Millie Only," that text will automatically fill in the pop-up the next time you save, until you change it. This allows you to simply click "Yes" each time until you're ready to write a new save name. I've found this method to be quite fast.

Here’s how it works:
  1. One click to open the game menu.
  2. One click to navigate to the save page.
  3. One click to confirm the save name (unless it's the first time naming a save).
  4. And lastly, one click to return to the story.
I will use a screenshot of the way the save naming is implemented in my walkthrough mod as an example:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Notice the field "Save name:" added to the bottom of the screen. This method has all the same advantages as the pop up method but also avoids that additional click. That additional click starts getting tedious once you making multiple saves in a row.

If the player leaves the field blank that they will just save like any regular renpy game. Some games may also add preference option to enable name saving. This method also obliviates the need for that coding.

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
I will use a screenshot of the way the save naming is implemented in my walkthrough mod as an example:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Notice the field "Save name:" added to the bottom of the screen. This method has all the same advantages as the pop up method but also avoids that additional click. That additional click starts getting tedious once you making multiple saves in a row.

If the player leaves the field blank that they will just save like any regular renpy game. Some games may also add preference option to enable name saving. This method also obliviates the need for that coding.
Thanks for providing screenshots and more information. I understand what you mean now. I'll take it into consideration. You've got a good solution there.

• Love
Reactions: asahibito

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
For those who haven't joined Hardenville's server yet, now is a great opportunity, as we've just updated it to be more user-friendly.

I've also added a few new -exclusive renders, including Millie with her hair down and Millie with her hair down wearing glasses. She’ll be wearing them from time to time when she's not using contact lenses.

Here’s the new announcement on :

Overhaul Complete
Hey everyone! Over the last couple of days, both my moderator, drakeur, and I have been hard at work improving our Discord server. While we’ll continue making tweaks, the major changes are now in place.

Here’s what’s new:
  • Channel Emojis: We’ve added emojis to channel names for a bit more flair. You can vote on whether you like this change or not here ⁠polls⁠!
  • Deprecated Channels: Three channels (old announcements, old bugs, and old suggestions) are now set to read-only and will be gradually removed.
  • Enhanced Bugs and Suggestions Channels: We’ve introduced a forum feature in these channels, making it easier to manage new ideas, feedback, and bug reports. Posts like "I wish for a Chinese translation" can now be upvoted by the community, discussed, and tracked with tags like "Under Process" or "Completed." There are also specific tags, such as one for Patreon-exclusive suggestions. #bugs and #suggestions
  • Improved Structure with Categories: The server is now more organized. The "JoyFI Games" category is read-only, while the "Community" category is open for discussion.
  • New "Announcement" Channel: This channel now replaces the old one for all Hardenville announcements. #announcements
  • New "Off-Topic" Channel: We’ve added an "Off-Topic" channel where you can chat about anything legal, as long as it follows the server⁠ rules. #off-topic
  • New Channel Names: We’ve updated the channel names to better reflect their purposes.
  • New "Welcome" Channel: This channel now highlights new arrivals, similar to what you see on many other servers. #welcome
  • Revamped Voting System: We’ve replaced the old voting method with a new poll-based system. #polls

Skjermbilde 2024-08-15 215750.png

Reactions: darlic and sn3p
3.90 star(s) 22 Votes