3.90 star(s) 22 Votes

DeathTouch

Sep 20, 2018
Walkthrough/Ipatch
Game/Developer: Hardenville/ JoyFI Games -
Game Version: 0.1.2
Mod Version: 0.3
Here is my walkthrough/choiceguide mod for Hardenville. This Mod highlights the best choices and offers cheat options. Also added an Ipatch.

Updated to version 0.1.2/ If you played 0.1.0 then you dont have to play this, it just has some Code changes
Added an Ipatch that changes the relations. To make it work !FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download:
Downlaod with Ipatch:

Will this Mod work on current version as this seems old? Is there an updated version?

Jun 30, 2024
It looks like there might be some clipping from her hair. I will fix this. Thanks for pointing it out. I will also customize how the gallery displays images in the future. Right now, it uses a standard Ren'py solution, but it doesn't work well in 4K, with the text being too small and not being able to hide the text by pressing H.
You're welcome :) I be quick to spot issues like that lol bothers me to no end. I think I might give the Gallery another look. I think I spotted something out the corner of my eye in one render, just not 100% sure if it was an issue or not. But I don't mind, the renders are so lovely to look at and with the music playing, it feels nice.

Like, remember random memories of the friends/family you never had and never will. I want to help you through to the end. I want to help see this lovely masterpiece to the ending! this game needs to be finished and forever cherished.

I'll be here for you. DM me if you need a shoulder/brain to pick/a wall to yell at and whatever else.

4K? I'm over here in 1K xD 1366x768 resy here. screens man... screens lol sounds like the future shall be bringing some wonderful things. I can't wait :)

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention, the intro video still has issues for me. Maybe it's just too good for me to handle lol if it's in 4k, that could be why? not sure. I can skip it so, not a problem. I just hope animations won't be an issue :(

Will this Mod work on current version as this seems old? Is there an updated version?
Look at the current game version (In Title) and then that Mod's version

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: JoyFI Games

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Try the below. Go to that post for the file.

*** Alternate ipatch ***

Made an ipatch that just adjusts the relationships that seems to work without having to clear persistent data. Unless there are new relationships, it should work for future versions.

DeathTouch

Sep 20, 2018
U said basically nothing yet acted as u solved a puzzle and as if other person can't read. What's the point of repeating the same what I said, if that doesn't solve anything. If I didn't check the versions, why would I even ask in the first place?

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
'Beauty Mountains Font' was listed in the error report, when I used the mod. The game works fine without the mod.
Thanks, that makes sense. I updated the main font with a commercial license in Episode 1, and the font had slightly different names.

Reactions: dreddhead

DeathTouch

Sep 20, 2018
It broke the install for me. There was a missing font reported, which prevented me accessing the main menu.
Hm. I read something like that. That's why was asking if it got updated anywhere or not. Hard to find things in threads among so many comments anyways

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
A game that gives impression of high quality visuals and production, characters are pretty and interesting, environment is appealing. There are some hiccups in writing and I am not sure the minigames are necessary, but if they carry some impact on routes then I guess they could be okay - it's just that they run super awfully for me and are not interesting just random so feels like a grind rather than me using skill to outplay opponent. I love the interface and appreciate the relationship changes, when I get familiar with characters it will be even more rewarding to tailor them to your tastes.

Rather tame game kink wise for me personally, but that's not a negative. If anything the fact that I'm here says a compliment to the game. I will keep my eye out for more updates, but so far mostly positive first impressions and looking forward to what future can bring. It certainly looks spectacular, but not sure about the gameplay and immersion yet. Good luck to the project!

_doodle_

Dec 11, 2022
Although the WT mod messed up with the font thing, by far the best intro I've seen. I only just finished the prologue when writing this but the models and renders look really well. I can see this becoming one of my favorites pretty easily when we get more content.

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
the game images are puzzle how to solve?
While in-game, holding down Shift and press G. This will open up a Ren'Py screen. Select "Force GL2 Renderer" and restart the game. Check if it worked; if not, try using the other renderer.

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
I'm partially disabled and can't really do mini games that involve quick time events. If a game has these and they are not skippable, I can't play it.
Part of why I enjoy AVNs is the lack of QTE that just frustrate the players for no real reason.
Too late to get a refund on Steam, but I hope you will make the game more accessible in the future. (y)
Could you please send me a private message either here or on Discord? I would like to understand better what is accessible for you and others with similar disabilities. I'm unsure if my new, unreleased method of collecting some gallery images is accessible for you.

Reactions: Bloodguard
Nov 1, 2018
Walkthrough/Ipatch
Got an error with the WT patch on. Seems there is an font issue causing crash. The iPatch is clear. Only the WT bugs.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not find font 'fonts/BeautyMountainsPS.ttf'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 823, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1178, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ui.py", line 301, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 2166, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 2819, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 1353, in draw_screen
    surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(
  File "render.pyx", line 486, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 260, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 900, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 900, in render
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/screen.py", line 754, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/text/text.py", line 2276, in render
    virtual_layout = Layout(self, width, height, renders, drawable_res=False, size_only=True)
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/text/text.py", line 676, in __init__
    glyphs = ts.glyphs(s, self)
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/text/text.py", line 268, in glyphs
    fo = font.get_font(self.font, self.size, self.bold, self.italic, 0, self.antialias, self.vertical, self.hinting, layout.oversample, self.shaper, self.instance, self.axis)
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/text/font.py", line 745, in get_font
    face = load_face(fn, shaper)
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/text/font.py", line 673, in load_face
    raise Exception("Could not find font {0!r}.".format(orig_fn))

macOS-14.5-arm64-arm-64bit arm64
Ren'Py 8.2.3.24061702
Hardenville 0.2.1
Mon Jul 15 15:31:49 2024

Last edited:

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
Got an error with the WT patch on. Seems there is an font issue causing crash. The iPatch is clear. Only the WT bugs.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 823, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1178, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ui.py", line 301, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 2166, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 2819, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 1353, in draw_screen
    surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(
  File "render.pyx", line 486, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/screen.py", line 754, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/text/text.py", line 2276, in render
    virtual_layout = Layout(self, width, height, renders, drawable_res=False, size_only=True)
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/text/text.py", line 676, in __init__
    glyphs = ts.glyphs(s, self)
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/text/text.py", line 268, in glyphs
    fo = font.get_font(self.font, self.size, self.bold, self.italic, 0, self.antialias, self.vertical, self.hinting, layout.oversample, self.shaper, self.instance, self.axis)
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/text/font.py", line 745, in get_font
    face = load_face(fn, shaper)
  File "/Users/smg/Desktop/Hardenville Patch.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/text/font.py", line 673, in load_face
    raise Exception("Could not find font {0!r}.".format(orig_fn))

macOS-14.5-arm64-arm-64bit arm64
Ren'Py 8.2.3.24061702
Hardenville 0.2.1
Mon Jul 15 15:31:49 2024
Do not use mods, the game script has been updated, wait for the modder to update

3.90 star(s) 22 Votes