3.90 star(s) 11 Votes

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Welp maybe they will make it bigger on the final version will just have to wait for now.
pretty mcuh what ker had posted on page 67
The Demo/Proof of concept isn't a full release, it's just a demonstration (demo) of what the remaster will look like using MZ and KKS. Actual releases will be 4-5x as long with *far* more things to do. This came in about 30 pages, the first release is looking like it'll be 120+ pages of reworked content.

ker

May 8, 2017
Too bad the finance this year is so bad that I can't support on patreon.
No worries, it'll be the same pattern as before with free players being only one release behind patrons. So when 2m0 comes out for patrons, 1m1 becomes free-to-play. 2m1 out = 2m0 free, etc. The only thing that'll suck for you is this first release as there's nothing to be behind of, so when 1m1 comes out nothing goes free, you'll have to wait for the May release of 2m0 for 1m1 to get to you.

Anyone knows how to enlarge the screen, F5, F6 and Alt enter does not work
You can resize the window with just normal window controls, if the actual tiles are too small for you afaik there isn't a way to adjust those. But I'll pass that along to the programmer.

Last edited:

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
You can resize the window with just normal window controls, if the actual tiles are too small for you afaik there isn't a way to adjust those. But I'll pass that along to the programmer.
Thanks no problem with the window just the tiles.
No worries, it'll be the same pattern as before with free players being only one release behind patrons. So when 2m0 comes out for patrons, 1m1 becomes free-to-play. 2m1 out = 2m0 free, etc. The only thing that'll suck for you is this first release as there's nothing to be behind of, so when 1m1 comes out nothing goes free, you'll have to wait for the May release of 2m0 for 1m1 to get to you.
Great I will not have t fork a lot of money, inflation hits hard now everything is increasing in price. I will donate once finance allows it.

Dyx

May 8, 2018
to show you how we will be improving the admittedly outdated tech used in Harem v2 and create something a tier better than before.
I don't want to criticize, but... This is not version 2, but version 3 with the same content. As some of us remember, version 2 only had two more chapters than version 1. So now, for a few years, the same content will be released as in the previous two times, and if a new engine appears during this time, then again it will not be the end of the game, but another remaster...

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
After the recent developments, I took a look back and noticed I hadn't even played most of the last 2 chapters (past 7m3 or so).
Damn, I had forgotten how decidedly above average this was. I spent easily 3 days (well, evneings) on this.
... And now willingly ran into a cliffhanger, because Iknow it won't continue for multiple years. :cry:
Why am I doing this to myself?
Ah, well, I'm looking forward to the re-remake, but I'll wait until there's a few chapters to postpone that feeling.
Is there an official thread for that yet?

ker

May 8, 2017
Hey everyone! We just released 1m1 to our patrons this week! This finishes up Chapter 1; adding in 3 new scenes while updating 4 old ones, expanding a few early events, and adding in a non-canon Terra scene for the Legate+ patrons. New art style has been very well received so far as well as the events. I'll throw in a couple of teasers for those below. If you want to spend a fiver to play it in April, this is the new patreon link: Normally the prior version would go free at the same but we released 1m0 as a demo last month, so nothing free today. When 2m0 is done in May, 1m1 goes public as always.

t1.JPG t2.JPG t3.JPG

Last edited:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Hm. Pic1 doesn't look ideal.
Her nose seem flat, her lips seem flat, hair clipping..
Perhaps it would be a good idea to switch to honey select instead of whatever that is. :whistle::coffee:

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
Hm. Pic1 doesn't look ideal.
Her nose seem flat, her lips seem flat, hair clipping..
true but the other two pictures look fine, so it isn't really the engine's fault.

Hey everyone! We just released 1m1 to our patrons this week! This finishes up Chapter 1; adding in 3 new scenes while updating 4 old ones, expanding a few early events, and adding in a non-canon Terra scene for the Legate+ patrons. New art style has been very well received so far as well as the events. I'll throw in a couple of teasers for those below. If you want to spend a fiver to play it in April, this is the new patreon link: Normally the prior version would go free at the same but we released 1m0 as a demo last month, so nothing free today. When 2m0 is done in May, 1m1 goes public as always.

View attachment 2522616 View attachment 2522617 View attachment 2522618
Nice work! However, Did you change the order of events? as I don't think Terra was in chapter 1.
Also, are the "3 new scenes" completely new content first released in this version?

ker

May 8, 2017
Yep, I'm still learning the new engine and some mistakes are getting through. Fortunately we had an artist join the team this week, someone actually really good with these programs. You'll start to see their work in 2m0 and teased a bit here, over time chapter 1 content will be updated as well.

Nice work! However, Did you change the order of events? as I don't think Terra was in chapter 1.
Also, are the "3 new scenes" completely new content first released in this version?
Same order but Legate+ scenes are non-canon so I can just make up new stories based on the world. I'm playing around with alternative captures to the women you enslave in Celee. For Terra, she managed to escape the Namuhist ambush and fled, ending up in the hideout you also find after the shipwreck. Not canon, but a "what if" scenario.

The 3 new scenes are completely new content, not present in v2. Two for Samantha, dealing with her taking a few too many liberties after she gets put in charge of Donna (light and dark variant). Then Donna has a final chance to have just the two of you alone for story-time and sex.

Lemures

Sep 30, 2018
Sorry Ker this is just stupid. You made version 1, stoppped for a while because you weren't happy. Started up version two, made the same stuff again in a "remake" and to your credit added a lot of new stuff. Then you went AWOL again, and now comes back to start on a version three. With a ton of stuff to remake? I did donate regularly to your Patreon but no more, how about you actually finish the game before starting this "remake". Like some said, seems like a money grab or a lack of will to finish...

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Not an unusual opinion, but it's probably too late without most of the old assets.
I would have preferred us just having an option to answer a questionaire or transfer saves and start the new iteration at chapter 7 or so(which would have also made the change in visuals feel more natural as that's like having a successor game with newer graphics), but this might be better to get into the groove of things. But then, I'll also wait a few chapters.

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
Not an unusual opinion, but it's probably too late without most of the old assets.
I would have preferred us just having an option to answer a questionaire or transfer saves and start the new iteration at chapter 7 or so(which would have also made the change in visuals feel more natural as that's like having a successor game with newer graphics), but this might be better to get into the groove of things. But then, I'll also wait a few chapters.
First, this isn't just a remaster. Ker is adding a lot of new scenes that weren't there before. For the last update out of 7 scenes 3 were brand new and 4 were remastered, which means the scene count for that section almost doubled. Now imagine how many new scenes we will get until we reach where the story last stopped.

Second, considering how long the game has not been updated, most likely most players have forgotten almost everything about the story. I know I have, I barely remember a couple things here and there. So even if he did that players will need to play the game again anyway to remember, and the game's visuals really haven't aged well.

And third, considering everything that happened with Ker and how tough things have been for him, I am personally very thankful that he decided to do this instead of simply abandoning the whole thing forever.

Personally my only request is that Ker decides to release the old Legate+ version of the game at some point so we can see its exclusive scenes, now that that version of the game has been abandoned :)

ker

May 8, 2017
Sorry Ker this is just stupid. You made version 1, stoppped for a while because you weren't happy. Started up version two, made the same stuff again in a "remake" and to your credit added a lot of new stuff. Then you went AWOL again, and now comes back to start on a version three. With a ton of stuff to remake? I did donate regularly to your Patreon but no more, how about you actually finish the game before starting this "remake". Like some said, seems like a money grab or a lack of will to finish...
"Finishing" would have been impossible. Before my suicide attempt I had destroyed all of my work and unfortunately the 3dcg is practically impossible to recreate. And the game was running on a decade old 360p engine with a code-base that was always an inch from self-destructing anyways. The game desperately needed a redo regardless just to be up to date and functional.

The Remake was trying to finish with an updated renderer but still the old engine and code-base, and when I got out of the hospital I was actually very touched that someone liked my work sufficiently to try to remake it. I talked to a few people in the project and agreed to be an advisor, nothing else. Unfortunately the lead developer running that project had already abandoned the project as I was finishing my PHP, the remake was dead.

A few of the people assisting the lead dev of the remake approached me about joining their team and giving it another go, again in an advisory role. But we were still left at the same starting point: An ancient engine, a renderer even older, a code-base that was barely functional. The engine had to be replaced, the code needed to be rewritten, all the images needed to be redone... those are all things I'm competent with (at best). So those tasks are all being handled by capable people, leaving me with little to do but write. Well and image because our people doing that seem to be running into personal crises daily, but much of the Remaster is being done the way it is because its 100% necessary to move the game forward.

The entire "cash grab" accusation is just fucking stupid. I could flip burgers for the same income that I could have made when the project was at it's height, indie adult dev is the last thing anyone would do for profit. This is being done because I enjoy writing, other people enjoy doing it with me, and people want to support it. Whether or not you do, thank you for the support in the past!

Dyx

May 8, 2018
The Remake was trying to finish with an updated renderer but still the old engine and code-base,
Don't know about engine, but, IMO, remake's images was way way better than new version (but I played only demo of new version, maybe later it was changed)

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
So those tasks are all being handled by capable people, leaving me with little to do but write.
You say little, but the game is nothing without the writer. They may be creating the scenes, but no one had any idea where the story was supposed to go without its writer.

Kargan3033

Jan 2, 2020
Hey Ker just finished playing the remastered C1M1 public release and I have to say well done although Sam's face in a few scenes seemed a bit off to me but still all in all you and your team have done a damn fine job on recreating your old game for the MZ engine, I'll be following this fine game for the foreseeable future.

Also I hope you are doing better Ker, remember there are people who care about you so if you ever feel dressed keep in mind that you will always have friends and family to talk to.

Reactions: FFTW

komomote

May 26, 2019
Hi Ker, just wanted to say that you've made an amazing game, hopefully you won't be down from the comments and take your time, the first game was amazing, and I'm looking forward to the remastered version.

Hopefully you're doing well and please be safe (y)

Reactions: Muff Diver and FFTW
3.90 star(s) 11 Votes