neithernor

Sep 2, 2018
The only logical reason I can think for this is that the renders are the bottleneck on development.
That is, the author gets all the writing/poses/etc done, and can set the PC to start rendering. At which point you start working on the next batch of content and complete it, but still have your rendering PC chugging away.
So you start work on a different storyline...

However, that would only make sense if you were using 3d rendering in only a single game. Instead, that rendering work backlogs onto every single game in this scenario, and they all progress slower.

Which means the only rational reasons for juggling multiple game projects at a time are:

a) Inability to focus and complete one thing. Basically like ADD, but for programming.
b) Intending to make more money per month by having more patrons (due to having multiple games going at a time), which is SUPER sketch
c) Reusing renders across multiple games to "multiply" your output
d) Not actually caring about finishing any of the game, so you *want* progress to go as slowly as possible so you keep making patreon money as long as possible (easier to keep people interested than to finish a project and hope people stay for the next one).

I've cancelled every patreon plege I have when a creator starts a 2nd full project before the first one is 90%+ complete.
To his credit he does have 1 complete game (I haven't counted it in the projects he is currently working on) and two that look "90%+ complete", and he have released updates when he worked on 2 at the same time (confidence and goodnight kiss2), just it was SO slow.

zoislk

Dec 9, 2019
The only logical reason I can think for this is that the renders are the bottleneck on development.
That is, the author gets all the writing/poses/etc done, and can set the PC to start rendering. At which point you start working on the next batch of content and complete it, but still have your rendering PC chugging away.
So you start work on a different storyline...

However, that would only make sense if you were using 3d rendering in only a single game. Instead, that rendering work backlogs onto every single game in this scenario, and they all progress slower.

Which means the only rational reasons for juggling multiple game projects at a time are:

a) Inability to focus and complete one thing. Basically like ADD, but for programming.
b) Intending to make more money per month by having more patrons (due to having multiple games going at a time), which is SUPER sketch
c) Reusing renders across multiple games to "multiply" your output
d) Not actually caring about finishing any of the game, so you *want* progress to go as slowly as possible so you keep making patreon money as long as possible (easier to keep people interested than to finish a project and hope people stay for the next one).

I've cancelled every patreon plege I have when a creator starts a 2nd full project before the first one is 90%+ complete.
Although I would have serious doubts in the case of this dev, there also can be situations where multiple game development is feasible while not hampering the progress of the other games (e.g. you have one artist working on one game, another artist working on another, both working under the same development team)... so condemning ANY dev for starting a second game before they nearly finish another might be a bit too hasty in select situations.

I would think a better rule of thumb is how much progress they tend to make on any game, rather than how many concurrent projects they have going on (within reason)... but that's just my opinion.

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Lol. The first one isn't even finished and there's already a sequel? This is the fourth supposedly ongoing game from the same developer, why they have only one title finished. Not a good sign.
This fella and the Dev behind School, Love, and Friends have that in common and like that Dev I'll probably just ignore future projects from this one.

Frank Rosario

Engaged Member
Jan 1, 2018
Update 07/02/2021

Here is the Italian translation of "Harem camp" version "0.5.2".
This translation is "unofficial" and "made by a fan".

The translation is provided in two formats: .exe (self-extracting) and .zip. It is not necessary to use both.

The link is:

Ecco la traduzione italiana di "Harem camp" versione "0.5.2".
Questa traduzione "non e' ufficiale" e "fatta da un fan".

La traduzione viene fornita in due formati: .exe (autoestraente) e .zip. Non e' necessario utilizzarle entrambe.

########################################################

Update 05/01/2021

Here is the Italian translation of "Harem camp" version "0.4.1".

The translation is provided in two formats: .exe (self-extracting) and .zip. It is not necessary to use both.

The link is:

Ecco la traduzione italiana di "Harem camp" versione "0.4.1".
Questa traduzione "non e' ufficiale" e "fatta da un fan".

La traduzione viene fornita in due formati: .exe (autoestraente) e .zip. Non e' necessario utilizzarle entrambe.

########################################################

Here is the Italian translation of "Harem camp" version "0.1.1".

The link is:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ecco la traduzione italiana di "Harem camp" versione "0.1.1".
Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" e "fatta da un fan".

Il link è:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
E se questa traduzione vi piace, non dimenticate di mettere un Like, sempre ben accetto!

Last edited:

Kosmic2k10

Oct 27, 2019
went to talk to a character and the game closed with an error

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/amanda.rpy", line 410, in script
call screen girl_hub()
ScriptError: could not find label 'amanda_confidence'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\Games\000 New Games\con2-0.1.1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\Games\000 New Games\con2-0.1.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "E:\Games\000 New Games\con2-0.1.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "E:\Games\000 New Games\con2-0.1.1-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
call screen girl_hub()
File "E:\Games\000 New Games\con2-0.1.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Camp Harem 0.1.1
Sat Jul 11 18:24:40 2020

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
-same as everyone else here i started a new game to an error screen but was able to play after hitting ignore 5-10 times.

-went through the prologue where the teachers assistant had red hair and the big breasted cheerleader had blonde/ white hair, then when the actual gameplay started they switched hair colors! wtf!?

-finally went to the mess hall where i assigned the elf girl to help fix it up and after trying to use my confidence power on her the game crashed

this game seems to have potential but its a buggy mess right now! i may give this another shot later but its just too buggy to try to play right now!

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
While running game code:
call screen girl_hub()
I *think* I have a solution for this one. Every other girl's rpy has this, amanda's does not.

Exit the game and edit amanda.rpy in notepad (or your favorite text editor)

Look for
Code:
screen amanda_confidence():
    hbox align .5,.5 spacing 10:
Add two lines of code and a blank line to end up with:
Code:
label amanda_confidence:
    call screen amanda_confidence()

screen amanda_confidence():
    hbox align .5,.5 spacing 10:
Save the file, start the game and see if you still get the error.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Some of the errors are spelling errors like the elif amanda_cahr.quest_woods==2: should be elif amanda_char.quest_woods==2:

Last edited:

Greenhorn2013

Oct 17, 2019
Start New Game => First error, very bad start
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 352, in script call
    call after_load from _call_after_load
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1180, in script
    $ lucy_char.quests+=1
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1180, in <module>
    $ lucy_char.quests+=1
NameError: name 'lucy_char' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 352, in script call
    call after_load from _call_after_load
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1180, in script
    $ lucy_char.quests+=1
  File "D:\JD\Harem_Camp-0.1.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\JD\Harem_Camp-0.1.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1180, in <module>
    $ lucy_char.quests+=1
NameError: name 'lucy_char' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Camp Harem 0.1.1
Mon Jul 13 09:07:03 2020

SoberSphagghett

Sep 14, 2018
no reason to release something which contains a game breaking bug, too bad because the models look nice on thumbnail
Pfft, thie dev wouldn't know a big ass if one sat on his face and shat up his nose. This lad has more holes in their morality than I have in my oldest shirt. With each unfinished game, a new hole in their morality. Get this attrocity outta here.

C17alexhalfer

Sep 28, 2017
Hello there!
Guys,can i ask a question?
When you talked to Jenifer ,opens up a some king of a menu where said "use skill" -i click on everyting ,but nothing happens -what a need to do? Anebode encouner this brick wall of design? Or this is a gamebreak bug?
Aneways, early thanks to these people,who attension this situation ^_^
(sooru for bad spelling ,if it was be)

Fervid

Sep 22, 2018
Huh.
I'm actually kinda impressed that they used a stylized head in a consistent way across all the characters. Far too many of these games, they put a Victoria right next to an Aiko and they don't even look like they belong in the same universe as each other. Kudos for avoiding that trap.

2.50 star(s) 13 Votes