YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022
You need to have done
Princess Bride
Hell To Pay
Those Who Help Elves
UnderSea City quest the one that give you hanelore
Shipping Disaster
And have Chimei then you will get a cutscene the next time you go to sleep which will give you the quest
Thank you. I'll try to leave as many side quests as possible, and hope that endgame doesn't disable them.

Mauser45

Nov 6, 2017
This used to be one of my favourite games. This, and incidentally Harem by Ker, were some of my first post-AIF, post-html-based games in the style of Chaotic or MortzeArts games that I played

Unfortunately this games has completely fallen off my radar over the past few years, and getting back into it is proving...difficult, to say the least. There are at least three or four updates' worth of content that I'm not sure how to activate. And I honestly thought this game was dead because I hadn't heard a peep about it since literally last decade, until I scrolled through the list of updates today and saw it

I may come back to it, but after the time I put into my initial playthrough I don't feel like starting again, and there's an unfortunate lack of in-game hints on how to activate new quests

"Brigandine is here!"

Where? How? What do we do?! Talking to her does...nothing, so what now??

I recall a time when this game was updated regularly and we were given hints by the dev on how to activate new quests (X quest implemented. Talk to Y in Z to start, for instance). The Wiki is essentially useless at this point too. When was the last time that was updated?

A better system of available quests, with hints in how to START them, in your log should be implemented so players returning to the game after a prolonged absence don't have to struggle through a list of every quest they've completed, trying to compare notes with a Wiki that's been dormant for 3+ years. Because let's be honest, this game has only just been updated for the first time in a few years. Not all of us would be able to automatically jump back into it with a full understanding of what's already taken place. Memories fade, and we can't possibly be expected to remember events in a GAME from 3+ years ago (four or five years, in my case). Maybe not all the quests at once. But once you complete ONE quest, many games give you a "up next: try THIS quest!" hint so you're not completely lost. This game assumes you're just gonna wander around talking to everyone until someone tips you off about it

It's sad to see my once-favourite game fall. It has great humour, an interesting cast and while the h-scenes still leave a LOT to be desired, I liked the gameplay a lot more. It's a shame that it's become increasingly difficult to wade through without proper help, the Wiki is inactive and the time spent between updates is insane

Last edited:

F1forhalp

SOTD: Celtic Frost - Dethroned Empereor
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
feelin' ya there
not sure if i could bear trying to play it through nowdays, with the need of some professionals to babysit me through the what-to-do's it wouldn't really be fun, i assume.

Papa Romeow

Mar 21, 2019
I recall a time when this game was updated regularly and we were given hints by the dev on how to activate new quests (X quest implemented. Talk to Y in Z to start, for instance). The Wiki is essentially useless at this point too. When was the last time that was updated?
I just want to point out that the wiki was never maintained by the devs, it's not something they decided to stop doing for some reason. The wiki was made by the fans and has always been maintained and updated by the fans, the fact it hasn't been updated is simply because no one has decided to do so, that's hardly the game's or the dev's fault.

Mauser45

Nov 6, 2017
I just want to point out that the wiki was never maintained by the devs, it's not something they decided to stop doing for some reason. The wiki was made by the fans and has always been maintained and updated by the fans, the fact it hasn't been updated is simply because no one has decided to do so, that's hardly the game's or the dev's fault.
No I wasn't trying to pin that on the devs...merely pointing out that the Wiki, too, is of no help these days. It's obviously not the dev's fault, but the general lack of in-game help can be attributed to the devs. It wasn't nearly as bad at the beginning, with Guild quests, people regularly turning up to talk to the MC etc. but unless you know precisely what will trigger a scene (someone turning up at your mansion or auto-starting a new day, which hardly happened in the last few versions I played a while back, at least), it's not an easy task

Skelletonike

Feb 9, 2019
This used to be one of my favourite games. This, and incidentally Harem by Ker, were some of my first post-AIF, post-html-based games in the style of Chaotic or MortzeArts games that I played

Unfortunately this games has completely fallen off my radar over the past few years, and getting back into it is proving...difficult, to say the least. There are at least three or four updates' worth of content that I'm not sure how to activate. And I honestly thought this game was dead because I hadn't heard a peep about it since literally last decade, until I scrolled through the list of updates today and saw it

I may come back to it, but after the time I put into my initial playthrough I don't feel like starting again, and there's an unfortunate lack of in-game hints on how to activate new quests

"Brigandine is here!"

Where? How? What do we do?! Talking to her does...nothing, so what now??

A better system of available quests, with hints in how to START them, in your log should be implemented so players returning to the game after a prolonged absence don't have to struggle through a list of every quest they've completed, trying to compare notes with a Wiki that's been dormant for 3+ years. Because let's be honest, this game has only just been updated for the first time in a few years. Not all of us would be able to automatically jump back into it with a full understanding of what's already taken place. Memories fade, and we can't possibly be expected to remember events in a GAME from 3+ years ago (four or five years, in my case). Maybe not all the quests at once. But once you complete ONE quest, many games give you a "up next: try THIS quest!" hint so you're not completely lost. This game assumes you're just gonna wander around talking to everyone until someone tips you off about it

It's sad to see my once-favourite game fall. It has great humour, an interesting cast and while the h-scenes still leave a LOT to be desired, I liked the gameplay a lot more. It's a shame that it's become increasingly difficult to wade through without proper help, the Wiki is inactive and the time spent between updates is insane
I first played this game like.... 5 years ago? Maybe more. After doing all I could, I forgot about it and two years ago I restarted the game. A lot had changed and improved. I noticed that it had a few updates and now I plan to restart it on the steam deck, like I've done with Peasant's Quest and a few others. There's no point in complaining about something that is your own fault.

Reactions: YouShallNotLol

Mauser45

Nov 6, 2017
I first played this game like.... 5 years ago? Maybe more. After doing all I could, I forgot about it and two years ago I restarted the game. A lot had changed and improved. I noticed that it had a few updates and now I plan to restart it on the steam deck, like I've done with Peasant's Quest and a few others. There's no point in complaining about something that is your own fault.
If you have no clue how to activate new quests, I'd say that that's an oversight on the DEVELOPER'S part, not the player's. If there were a way to have launched new quests in a similar manner to what had been done in the past, or there had been some indication on how to do so, then players wouldn't have this problem

It's also not the player's fault that there was such an incredibly long time between releases. Long enough that people likely hadn't been playing in a while. You completely misanalysed my entire point

Reactions: notBatman747

JasonK3

Sep 7, 2017
Just letting people know that the BKG team made a short standalone spin-off called Icy Panties which can be found on their discord server
Screenshot 2023-02-20 121441.png Screenshot 2023-02-20 122248.png

Reactions: FFTW

Deathwings

Aug 20, 2017
So, I haven't played this game since, like, early 2019. I'm planing to replay it from the start now that there's all this new stuff for me to do, but there's one thing I really, REALLY don't want to go through again and that's hunting for CGs and Achievements.

So, can anyone post a copy of their maxed out "Misc_Data" and "replay" folders ?

JasonK3

Sep 7, 2017
So, I haven't played this game since, like, early 2019. I'm planing to replay it from the start now that there's all this new stuff for me to do, but there's one thing I really, REALLY don't want to go through again and that's hunting for CGs and Achievements.

So, can anyone post a copy of their maxed out "Misc_Data" and "replay" folders ?
Sure Here you go

RuiMist

May 6, 2017
Does anybody still have the WASD Mod? I went on the bad kitty game forum for the mods and downloaded the one that was there but ASD still controls the speed (made by original creator of mod)and the one that used to be there was retired which was the one where speed was controlled by pressing Q

4.20 star(s) 36 Votes