Sep 14, 2019
Depends on your definition of "screw yourself".
In my honest opinion I do not think you can ever put together a team that cannot win, with that said.... You can absolutely put together teams that will be slow in a given quest
I do mostly mean slow. If you spend your resources to equip characters that don't work well together at all and you have no equipment for the other ones you can end up in a pretty bad spot. Especially in the harder missions like the Vampire one for example.

Mellofellow

Oct 10, 2019
Can I ask what party you are using?
I've been mostly running Phantom Knight/Kyrie or Raina/Elaiya/Meline
I heal between fights, and everyone except for Protag has the best weapon they can have in the current patch,
also I put Gargan in slot 2 when i ran his quest.
I will also note that the fights themselves are not really "threatening". I haven't wiped once, but the fights are taking so long to win that its killing my desire to finish it

Gehoji

Sep 17, 2019
I've been mostly running Phantom Knight/Kyrie or Raina/Elaiya/Meline
I heal between fights, and everyone except for Protag has the best weapon they can have in the current patch,
also I put Gargan in slot 2 when i ran his quest.
I will also note that the fights themselves are not really "threatening". I haven't wiped once, but the fights are taking so long to win that its killing my desire to finish it
You are having trouble with killing while using Elaiya? Kinda surprised tbh, since her triple barrage is pretty much the best direct damage attack in the game. If it's a problem with getting enough momentum then if you get the Kellos Trainer, you can get two different skills that helps with that.

Edit: Also I suggest looking into Bronwyn. She has attacks that cause damage per turn debuffs. They would help with super high hp targets, since it's a percentage of their max hp.

Mellofellow

Oct 10, 2019
You are having trouble with killing while using Elaiya? Kinda surprised tbh, since her triple barrage is pretty much the best direct damage attack in the game. If it's a problem with getting enough momentum then if you get the Kellos Trainer, you can get two different skills that helps with that.

Edit: Also I suggest looking into Bronwyn. She has attacks that cause damage per turn debuffs. They would help with super high hp targets, since it's a percentage of their max hp.
Elaiya's damage isnt the problem, she usually one taps an enemy each turn assuming nothing goes wrong, but when you're fighting six guys and two of them have party wide atk and spd debuffs, things really slow down.
Bronwyn is a good idea thanks, I'm kinda embarrassed I didn't think to try her earlier.

Gehoji

Sep 17, 2019
have party wide atk and spd debuffs
Buffs and debuffs cancel each other out. I don't remember if anyone has a party wide spd buff, but the Hero's Improved Assault is a party wide atk buff. If you have atk debuffs on your party, you can use that skill to remove it.

4.20 star(s) 36 Votes