Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Dragon1982

Sep 7, 2019
-shrugs- im not overly concerned, when the mod is updated i will get it, im in no rush though
I'm not too worried either. Like I said in an earlier comment, I've waited far longer for games like Milfy City to see any sort of update. 3, 4, or 5 months of waiting for this mod to update is small compared to that other game.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Does nothing work if played with the current game version?
Most things "work" but the problem is that applying an old mod to a new game build often breaks saves and causes errors, which then result in a cascade of complaint posts here and elsewhere.

People are going to do what people do, but the idea that someone - anyone - has anxiety from waiting for a game mod is beyond my ability to understand. The game is utterly, completely playable without a mod and, though the mod makes the game easier to play, it's not like we can't even try v10 while waiting.

I'm not saying that there aren't people anxious about this but, man, I wish that was the my biggest worry.

Dragon1982

Sep 7, 2019
And my comment is said on the fact I have yet to even play Harem Hotel for the first time. A guy as old as me at 38 learns the value of patience.

• Haha
Reactions: Alfre4u

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
Why remove links from the old version?
Does nothing work if played with the current game version?
I think it would ease the anxiety on the part of the players if the links were not removed.
At least that's what I believe, since most people will most likely start from scratch because of the scenes that have been updated.
If the modification doesn't work at all in the current version, please ignore my comment.
If you could get passed any technical issues, I'd think one of the problems would be that the walkthrough itself is outdated and, therefore, unreliable. Along with the walkthrough not including any new stories/events added since the last update, many of the early scenes were reworked in such a way that the hints may be inaccurate and some of the requirements to trigger them might have changed.

Gundams

Nov 14, 2019
On Lain’s page she has released another mod on July the 5th so I guess she may have started working on this mod’s game yesterday

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
On Lain’s page she has released another mod on July the 5th so I guess she may have started working on this mod’s game yesterday
According to another post a couple of pages back, part of the delay in getting this mod out was because a bunch of games had updated at the same time so got a little overloaded. The post also stated that she claimed to be very close to finishing this mod and to expect it pretty much anytime in the near future.

Reactions: Aelth and DMon1981

Dragon1982

Sep 7, 2019
How many times are people gonna be puzzled about the link not working? As pgm_01 said, can't people simply just check out the threads to get their answer before they post about the link being down? Seriously this question has probably been answered over a dozen times by now.

Alfre4u

Dec 1, 2018
This thread really should just be closed with a message saying that the mod is down until update is out.
Then re-open thread once the update is out.
or both/all sides can stop doing the back and forth on when and just talk about the actual mod.
(and maybe if possible or not to inconvenient have the links removed with just the tag updating)

Though all this you just learn quickly is F95 style and while some would call rare and niche is part of what makes you Say F 95 xs hence its name, and why is it 5 off from 100? That's for the 5 Fs you shout when you play the things from it .
--> bad joke just figured may as well throw on 1st thing that came to my mind real fast.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I know you have your own life and i know DEV made changes for first seasons but... We have been waiting for 10 days its still not enough for you. Maybe instead of removing links you need write not main post and tell us how many time you will sepend for mod? So we dont wait for nothing. Thanks your efforts but you need learn how to communicate with your users :D Its that not that when you remove links just add ''I will update mod in 10 day'' like that thing and we will know how many time we need wait.
Lain is communicating perfectly well with patrons on Patreon ;)

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes