Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

DigDug69

Engaged Member
Jun 29, 2019
It works on version 0.18?
As stated only a few posts before your post by someone else.
No, and it will break the game and make it unplayable if you try to use it anyway.
But, on the bright side, Lain had fixed the bug that would require people to always use the mod in any future releases of the game, or the game would crash.

You can now safely play the game, even if you used the mod in the past, if the last version that you played was version 17.2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soulafein

JGNeon

Modder
Feb 24, 2021
Whew! This was taking a lot longer than I expected. I'm in the final stages of the updated mod now (the last of Jin's gardening events), as well as some testing. That said, I hope I have everything, since Lain provided her own version of some of the main script files (to be able to add custom mod events), and those have a quite a few new updates from the game dev.

If all goes well, I'll get the updated mod released in the next few hours.

tmu500

Apr 14, 2024
Whew! This was taking a lot longer than I expected. I'm in the final stages of the updated mod now (the last of Jin's gardening events), as well as some testing. That said, I hope I have everything, since Lain provided her own version of some of the main script files (to be able to add custom mod events), and those have a quite a few new updates from the game dev.

If all goes well, I'll get the updated mod released in the next few hours.
Thank you in advance.

JGNeon

Modder
Feb 24, 2021
it the mod designed to use the _mods folder now, or does it still overwrite the core script files completely?
A little bit of this, a little bit of that. It overwrites 4 of the core script files, the rest are placed in a separate "mod" folder (with a few overrides as well). That's mainly what took me a lot of time; tracking down missing parts compared with the game dev's release.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ashira13

Ashira13

Jan 31, 2024
A little bit of this, a little bit of that. It overwrites 4 of the core script files, the rest are placed in a separate "mod" folder (with a few overrides as well). That's mainly what took me a lot of time; tracking down missing parts compared with the game dev's release.
yeah.. i tried to look into the scripts myself. way beyond my skill. so the mod is really appreciated. trying to keep the original game files as intact as possible, for easy removal without having to redownload is preferable. but the script paths for the entire game would have to be updated anyway.

JGNeon

Modder
Feb 24, 2021
Lain's Walkthrough Mod for Harem Hotel v0.18.0

Updated: 2024-10-03
Updated by: JGNeon
Game Version: v0.18.0
Language: English

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download: -

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes