Skode

Mar 9, 2020
does this have incest in it already or do i need to download an incest patch?
Regarding the MC? Nope, none at all. In fact you have yet to meet anyone in the story related to him not deceased by time game starts. There are a few sets of sisters in the game though who can team up on you but 95% of even that is with you as the focus and not one another so its barely even worth the tag at all so far but id recommend you use it anyway to unlock the select few scenes locked away (theyre worth it, trust me).

nevermoreXX

Mar 25, 2020
Well, there will always be the harry palms. :LOL:
Not sure what your issue is, I have one of the best video cards on the market (11g 2080), and the animations play just fine. Maybe a codec issue, or drivers. What are you running this on?
There are 6 animations that i noticed this problem with.
One of them is when Kali gets aroused and slips you the "pill" , once mc starts f*cking her, animation is extremely fast. So fast that my eyes can't catch whats going on. I temporary slowed game down to 60fps via nvidia panel by forcing 60fps for that app , but thats kinda annoying to do. nvidia rtx 2080
From reading how renpy functions , i found out that it checks monitor refresh rate and then uses that to apply fps to the game if possible. That makes the problem. Animation is encoded for 60fps if fps is faster then video it produces triple the speed of animation

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
There are 6 animations that i noticed this problem with.
One of them is when Kali gets aroused and slips you the "pill" , once mc starts f*cking her, animation is extremely fast. So fast that my eyes can't catch whats going on. I temporary slowed game down to 60fps via nvidia panel by forcing 60fps for that app , but thats kinda annoying to do. nvidia rtx 2080
From reading how renpy functions , i found out that it checks monitor refresh rate and then uses that to apply fps to the game if possible. That makes the problem. Animation is encoded for 60fps if fps is faster then video it produces triple the speed of animation
I have basically the same card, and don't have that problem, there must be something else causing it. Everything I see in Renpy is locked to 75FPS. Only time it was ever an issue was on a minigame in the game Bonerdale, made the last round nearly impossible for my crippled ass.

Your refresh rate and your FPS are NOT the same thing, and they really have nothing to do with one another, it shouldn't affect it. The FPS is how fast your card can throw the images out, the refresh rate is how fast the monitor shows new information. While they are similar in some ways, depending on how you think about it, and most things are better when both are faster, they are not connected. Your refresh rate should not affect your fps in any way, shape, or form. What the monitor can do, can't affect how fast the card is. That is like thinking that how fast you blink can affect how fast your car can go, you might not see it all, but it's still there.

I am not sure what the problem is, but I can say that it is not normal. I can't remember if we saw that issue before or not. You might want to check your drivers and codecs. You might also try another location, maybe even a slower drive (HDD not SSD). lol
Sorry I can't be more helpful here, I wish I could remember...

The only thing I can think of is to check your monitor settings, under screen resolution, if renpy doses somehow check and adjust to the refresh rate, a dumb thing for it to do, then maybe you can set it to something lower.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I can see it on my machine too. If I go to the Kali lust animations, then it speeds up an down according to the system-wide refresh rate that I adjust in a parallel window. So basically the game only plays correctly on a 60 FPS setting.

I had that effect on other Ren'py games, too. It's a mixture of system settings, Ren'py features and game coding it appears. Basically, the game developer should be able to control it independently of system settings, however, most are not aware of this. Summertime Saga for instance has an issue with minigames being unplayable on higher refresh rates. I provide a mod for this game which fixes it programmatically, so I kind of know a little about this issue.

Reactions: Mathesar

nevermoreXX

Mar 25, 2020
I have basically the same card, and don't have that problem, there must be something else causing it. Everything I see in Renpy is locked to 75FPS. Only time it was ever an issue was on a minigame in the game Bonerdale, made the last round nearly impossible for my crippled ass.

Your refresh rate and your FPS are NOT the same thing, and they really have nothing to do with one another, it shouldn't affect it. The FPS is how fast your card can throw the images out, the refresh rate is how fast the monitor shows new information. While they are similar in some ways, depending on how you think about it, and most things are better when both are faster, they are not connected. Your refresh rate should not affect your fps in any way, shape, or form. What the monitor can do, can't affect how fast the card is. That is like thinking that how fast you blink can affect how fast your car can go, you might not see it all, but it's still there.

I am not sure what the problem is, but I can say that it is not normal. I can't remember if we saw that issue before or not. You might want to check your drivers and codecs. You might also try another location, maybe even a slower drive (HDD not SSD). lol
Sorry I can't be more helpful here, I wish I could remember...

The only thing I can think of is to check your monitor settings, under screen resolution, if renpy doses somehow check and adjust to the refresh rate, a dumb thing for it to do, then maybe you can set it to something lower.
Maybe because your monitor is 75hz? So renpy limits your game to 75fps. that isnt too much of a difference to 60fps. So hardly can difference be seen
But when its 144 like mine, animation becames really really fast.
have u tried turning off vsync for this exe ? It should give you idea what is happening, maybe?
I dont use vsync , just gsync

Reactions: TheDevian

BaCe

Jul 24, 2017
Hey guys, I just started playing this game and I think I got addicted :D I'm lucky to get into it when so much content is already in, yet I am slowly getting to the end of "current release" so I have two questions.
1. Are the updates quite regular, or irregular and how long is the period between them?
2. I am playing on Android version. When new release comes out, is there any way to continue the game with my current saves, or will I be forced to play all over again?

Oldtoothlessbasterd

Jan 7, 2019
Updates are very regular, aprox every 3 months,then + a day or 3 for bug fix updates, + 1 week for compressed versions.
you current saves should work for the next version unless stated. so most likely they will work!.
At least they do on PC don't use android so not sure about that!.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Hey guys, I just started playing this game and I think I got addicted :D I'm lucky to get into it when so much content is already in, yet I am slowly getting to the end of "current release" so I have two questions.
1. Are the updates quite regular, or irregular and how long is the period between them?
2. I am playing on Android version. When new release comes out, is there any way to continue the game with my current saves, or will I be forced to play all over again?
They seem irregular but that is because Runey takes care of us patreons, he asks people to not fuck over fellow patrons by leaking betas, and for the most part, people don't, so the releases are less than most games see, only because Runey wants people to see his best work, and while I love this game, it is a game and has some bad bugs in beta from time to time.

Willie_wonder

Oct 20, 2017
So I haven't played since .10 Alpha, and i see its up to .10.2; while scrolling through the changelogs in .10 i see the formal release of .10 it says Added traits to each girl to signify when their story has been completed; is this like game finish or just up to this update completed?

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
So I haven't played since .10 Alpha, and i see its up to .10.2; while scrolling through the changelogs in .10 i see the formal release of .10 it says Added traits to each girl to signify when their story has been completed; is this like game finish or just up to this update completed?
The game is far from complete. The note about a girl's story being "completed" just applies to completing everything up to the current version.

Reactions: Willie_wonder

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
How do I delete the save data?
What platform are you on?
If PC, delete the ./game/saves/*.save files from whatever folder you installed it in, then go to c:\Users\{your-user}\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\ and find the Harem Hotel folder, however it's named. You can delete that entire folder or just the *.save files within it.

If on Mac or Android, someone else will need to tell you as I don't know.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
What platform are you on?
If PC, delete the ./game/saves/*.save files from whatever folder you installed it in, then go to c:\Users\{your-user}\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\ and find the Harem Hotel folder, however it's named. You can delete that entire folder or just the *.save files within it.

If on Mac or Android, someone else will need to tell you as I don't know.
On non-android, you can also put your mouse over the save slot and hit the delete key, not sure about android, maybe if you click and hold on it? no idea.
Maybe because your monitor is 75hz? So renpy limits your game to 75fps. that isnt too much of a difference to 60fps. So hardly can difference be seen
But when its 144 like mine, animation becames really really fast.
have u tried turning off vsync for this exe ? It should give you idea what is happening, maybe?
I dont use vsync , just gsync
Still, it sounds like a problem with Ren'Py then, because again, megahertz and FPS are not the same thing. The only option I can think of is like I said, adjust the settings for your monitor in the windows settings.
Right click on the desktop, hit screen resolution, then click advanced settings, and go to the monitor tab. You can choose your refresh rate there.

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Still, it sounds like a problem with Ren'Py then, because again, megahertz and FPS are not the same thing. The only option I can think of is like I said, adjust the settings for your monitor in the windows settings.
Right click on the desktop, hit screen resolution, then click advanced settings, and go to the monitor tab. You can choose your refresh rate there.
It's not like there's a long history of software developers tying things to the refresh rate rather than using a proper timer or anything...

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
It's not like there's a long history of software developers tying things to the refresh rate rather than using a proper timer or anything...
I have actually never heard of anyone tying anything to the monitor's refresh rate, the fps, sure, but the refresh rate? That is just insane. It has nothing to do with anything that matters.

4.70 star(s) 445 Votes