polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
universal binary
AKA "fat binaries" - multi-platform binaries that are much larger than single-platform libraries. Can't speak for Runey but it would make distributions much larger and the community struggles with downloads that are in the current size range, so I can't imagine that this is going to get a lot of support.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
AKA "fat binaries" - multi-platform binaries that are much larger than single-platform libraries. Can't speak for Runey but it would make distributions much larger and the community struggles with downloads that are in the current size range, so I can't imagine that this is going to get a lot of support.
The fuck? 99.9% of the game size is images and animations, a few extra megabytes won't make any difference to that!

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
The fuck? 99.9% of the game size is images and animations, a few extra megabytes won't make any difference to that!
The 'LIB' folder for Win/Linux games is about 70MB. My experience is that more, and bigger, libraries are needed for ARM support (at least initially) and that would balloon out to probably 3X, so around 200MB. Not a big deal to me, but people with very little storage or heavily-metered internet will probably feel the pinch. We've all seen people beg for even the most modest reduction in file sizes for these very reasons and that's the source of my earlier comment.

I'm not suggesting that it shouldn't be done, or at least trialed, but it would have to be built into Ren'py and a quick check of the Lemma Soft forums doesn't show any activity, multi-bin or otherwise, to port Ren'py to MacOS/ARM which itself is depenant on Python being ported MacOS/ARM. A quick check on the various Python Gits shows that the Python community is grappling with this and it probably will be mid-2021 before things are stable enough to start porting Ren'py.

Reactions: k8ponny
Nov 9, 2017
Except the actual executable in the MacOS version is 2 kb as kilobytes with the lib Folder at 23.7 MB. The executable for the PC version is 102 kb (kilobytes). Is if we take the worst case (doubling the 23.7 MB) a fat Mac binary only adds 23.7 MB to, for the Mac, a 4.86 GB compressed five or 237/4860 of the current file size. That is 4.88%

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017
I'm not suggesting that it shouldn't be done, or at least trialed, but it would have to be built into Ren'py and a quick check of the Lemma Soft forums doesn't show any activity, multi-bin or otherwise, to port Ren'py to MacOS/ARM which itself is depenant on Python being ported MacOS/ARM. A quick check on the various Python Gits shows that the Python community is grappling with this and it probably will be mid-2021 before things are stable enough to start porting Ren'py.
"Python is an interpreted, high-level, general-purpose programming language with strong support on Arm. Since Arm processors are available in the cloud and at the edge, Python is a great choice for driving innovation in these environments." -

"python 3.8.5-1 Architecture: arm"-

You were saying?

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Except the actual executable in the MacOS version is 2 kb as kilobytes with the lib Folder at 23.7 MB. The executable for the PC version is 102 kb (kilobytes). Is if we take the worst case (doubling the 102 kb) a fat Mac binary only adds 102 kb to, for the Mac, a 4.86 GB compressed five or 102/4860000 of the current file size. That is 0.002099% or effectively nothing.
Right...

Why include the other files in the platform-specific LIB folders if only the EXE was needed?

Try this: Copy 'HaremHotel.exe' outside of the 'windows-i686' folder, try to launch the game and let us know what happened.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
"Python is an interpreted, high-level, general-purpose programming language with strong support on Arm. Since Arm processors are available in the cloud and at the edge, Python is a great choice for driving innovation in these environments." -

"python 3.8.5-1 Architecture: arm"-

You were saying?
Didn't write that Python wasn't available for ARM. What I did write is that the work for porting MacOS to ARM is ongoing, the work to port Python for MacOS on ARM is dependent on Apple's work and building Ren'py for MacOS/ARM is at the end of that chain of dependencies.

I don't know what you're so butt-hurt about...I made an observation that this will make distros bigger - not orders of magnitude but more than you're suggesting - and it ain't up to Runey to enable this - he's at the end of the build-chain on this.

ADDENDUM: I downloaded the current HH MacOS build for the hell of it and there's about 33MB of system files between the MacOS and the Ren'py folders. Adding MacOS multiarchitecture binary support will, at a minimum, double that but it's more likely that that number will be higher in the first releases of these pieces.

Last edited:
Reactions: k8ponny

free_hk

May 20, 2020
Didn't write that Python wasn't available for ARM. What I did write is that the work for porting MacOS to ARM is ongoing, the work to port Python for MacOS on ARM is dependent on Apple's work and building Ren'py for MacOS/ARM is at the end of that chain of dependencies.

I don't know what you're so butt-hurt about...I made an observation that this will make distros bigger - not orders of magnitude but more than you're suggesting - and it ain't up to Runey to enable this - he's at the end of the build-chain on this.

ADDENDUM: I downloaded the current HH MacOS build for the hell of it and there's about 33MB of system files between the MacOS and the Ren'py folders. Adding MacOS multiarchitecture binary support will, at a minimum, double that but it's more likely that that number will be higher in the first releases of these pieces.
I really don't see how 100-200MB extra on a 5GB download matters enough to warrant all these posts here. A new game update will easily add more than that in renders and animations alone.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MorganMaximara
Nov 9, 2017
Right...

Why include the other files in the platform-specific LIB folders if only the EXE was needed?

Try this: Copy 'HaremHotel.exe' outside of the 'windows-i686' folder, try to launch the game and let us know what happened.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You are confusing default file structure with the actual executables

Mac programing tends to put everything in one file while Windows programs tend toward to having things broken up into pieces with the executable calling to those pieces (resulting in the joy of ddl hell if the programer was lazy) . Blizzard games such as World of Warcraft, Diablo, Heroes of the Storm, and Wacraft III are examples of a PC-like file structure on a Mac where the main executable is separate from the files it calls. Move the main app/exe outside of its folder and it won't run Mac or PC.

Deviant Discoveries is an example of this set up as well. For the Mac version. move DDGame.app out of its folder and try and launch it. It will immediately quit with no error message. Move it back into the proper folder and it launches. That component is the only piece you really have to worry about not all the components.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020
Hello everyone o/ I'm taking suggestions for v0.11 content. Let me know what you'd like :)
Hello, I'd personally like to see more rimming. As in, the girls rimming MC. Maybe a scene where one of them uses a strap on, on MC. Especially Ashley. Though I know that such a scene wouldn't fit much. A guy can dream, lol.

Reactions: IncubusDreams

imzahai

Apr 19, 2019
Definitly need an Android futa module for other girls, with dick size as big as MC.
-1 this. i don't see how its any different from NTR [while adding futa, also unneeded; there are tons of futa games already on this site]
so.. -2 for this?
Hazel, need Hazel to join the harem (would be interesting if she was far more amenable than Autumn was in the beginning, since she has been watching MC have several women already....), Jin, Lucia
and more Moon, waaaaaay more Moon (which i see Runey is already developing :love: )

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes