Zarathos4

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Jul 25, 2018
If you were to do that we'd havta rename you, something like ActiRuney, 2kRuney, or Electronic Runey and we don't want to do that. :sneaky:
Not really known for buggy releases. More like mirco-transcations and announcing games only to never release them in EA's case. Buggy releases you'd need Ubi-Runey or TES-Runey. XD

Actually Ubi-Runey kinda rolls right off the tongue. XD

Harem_Master

Oct 8, 2019
  • Haha
Reactions: Oldtoothlessbasterd

Andonthatday

Feb 12, 2020
I accidently rejected the Anal path for the Ashley (when her parents showed up at the hotel, it felt fucked up saying yes to Anal when her guardian was standing right there !!)

But Day-280 and I still do not have the option to resume anal activity on that character. Any ideas ??

Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
wwhy is there no voice acting, i think it would be better :)
Not wanted or feasible.
Not feasible because there's a ridiculous amount of dialogue, for many different girls and coding in that many soundbites might as well break Ren'Py's sound channel.
And not wanted because voice acting done poorly is just brings down quality.

There's a version of Daughter For Dessert with 'passable' voice acting. It's for patrons only I think. So look into that.
https://f95zone.to/threads/daughter-for-dessert-ch-19-palmer.5291/

• Wow
Reactions: c3p0 and Liam Xster

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
Not wanted or feasible.
Not feasible because there's a ridiculous amount of dialogue, for many different girls and coding in that many soundbites might as well break Ren'Py's sound channel.
And not wanted because voice acting done poorly is just brings down quality.

There's a version of Daughter For Dessert with 'passable' voice acting. It's for patrons only I think. So look into that.
https://f95zone.to/threads/daughter-for-dessert-ch-19-palmer.5291/
Another issue is how it would balloon the file size. People are already complaining about it being close to 5GB.

The game is also still in production so Runey would need to be sure all the VAs stay with the project until the end or he'd need to recast characters every time one of them decided to quit or had health issues come up, or whatever. If voice acting gets added to HH, it's best it happens as an optional download after the game has been completed.

kleiner

Aug 8, 2019
Not really known for buggy releases. More like mirco-transcations and announcing games only to never release them in EA's case. Buggy releases you'd need Ubi-Runey or TES-Runey. XD

Actually Ubi-Runey kinda rolls right off the tongue. XD
Well, EA did have Andromeda at least, and afaik some of the later Need for Speed were quite buggy as well.
And we most definitely dont wanted anything like Andromeda in this masterpiece.
Ubi is fitting though, didn't they fuck up whatever that just released?

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
VA has the same "issue" than animation.
You can do it, but to do it the "right" way and you need a lot of resource. For animation you can do it alone, and as I know Runey do it himself. Yet a short animation need resource that you could spend otherwise on a lot of "standard" pics. For Harem Hotel it works and the (later) animation are well done, but look at the changelog and see how often it was written there that he has redone some of them.
So if you have, and you always have, limited resource, one question how to spend it.

Same goes for VA, you have to search & find the cast, pay them and spend a lot of time on it. Also to do this well, you possible need at least some semi-professional tools and they can cost quiet a little bit.
And even if all goes well, you have the equiment you needed and found the VAs, they could be scattered all over Europe, Asian and America. So you would need to fly them to a central location, host them and either go yourself there too or trust the staff of your chosen subcontractor.

TL;DR: VAs to do well is quiet difficulty, cost money and time and seldom worth the effort. Same is true for animation although to a lesser extent.

Last edited:

Harem_Master

Oct 8, 2019
Nor how cringy it usually is... :ROFLMAO:
But I dunno, some of the American voice actresses that do my favorite Ecchi and Harem Anime's could do a pretty convincing job with these girls, and with COVID-19 still restricting travel to Japan, they might be willing to do the V.O.'s at a cut-rate price. (y)

KamiKazoo

Jul 11, 2017
I mean, much as I would love to hear what Kali or Autumn or Lin sound like, it definitely would be too much of a hassle on Runey's end, not to mention would definitely cost them a hefty sum of cash (even if you got VAs to voice multiple characters), voice actors, even the so called 'cheap' ones, are still pretty costly.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Voice Acting? Well these days if you want quality then most are with SAGAFTA and after the strikes its exponentially more expensive to do so than before as all of their union members are leaned on to only do credited work. If you do credited work then you have have insure said work even if its one line never mind a thousand so yeah its really pricey and few would do uncredited work with risk of being pushed from the security being in the union brings.

Dont get me wrong he could find some non union girls who can do it on a decent budget and why not even a decent standard (from home no less as almost all VAs had to adapt to Corona restrictions) but you then have to consider other issues... the consistent requirement of them for the project as its ongoing and not complete, the size of the file with all these audio files now needing to be included as well and the delay of the updates as scripts can be altered on the fly, even via bugfixes and what have you but recorded lines means script must be completed and send for recording prior to release of any said update.

Reactions: Aelth

X2Z

Aug 8, 2017
why can't i buy kali's slut outfit? i'm on like day 60 something i don't wanna restart cuz i didn't buy it earlier in the game, is there some sort of fix for this? lemme know please cheers

4.70 star(s) 449 Votes