c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Runey, have you considered moving away from Honey Select and using DAZ Studio to get better character models and more flexibility with scenes?
Even if his answer would be yes, I assume you know what this would mean?
If he make a hard break, then HH 0.12 would be in Honey Select and all the later in DAZ. If he would rework it to have consistency, then he would need to work through 18k pictures and, I guess, around 11 animation.
Therefore I don't see it. Hard break would be crappy, full rework would keep Runey busy for a long time.

Last edited:

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
Even if his answer would be yes, I assume you know what this would mean?
If he make a hard break, then HH 0.12 would be in Honey Select and all the later in DAZ. If he would rework it to have consistency, then he would need to work through 18k pictures and, I guess around 11 animation.
Therefore I don't see it. Hard break would be crappy, full rework would keep Runey busy for a long time.
The only way I could see Runey doing it would be a complete remake of everything up to this point plus whatever's in works. Given how many people are already being impatient waiting for v0.12 to come out, just imagine the utter and complete chaos that would come from having to wait a hell of a lot longer if Runey did that.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
That's excessively subjective don't you think?
Indeed, I like things as they are, just because a game is 3d/daz/blender doesn't mean better, half the stuff is shit looking.
Putting aside my bias for Sylphine, and all the dye jobs in Summers Gone, most games do not have that level on quality rendering.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
The only way I could see Runey doing it would be a complete remake of everything up to this point plus whatever's in works. Given how many people are already being impatient waiting for v0.12 to come out, just imagine the utter and complete chaos that would come from having to wait a hell of a lot longer if Runey did that.
Regarding that the first release was in May 2018, so the game is on development since almost 3 years. Would wager that a whole remake will take at least a year.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
How about the fact was it the last 2 or 3 releases a fuck ton of stuff was redone.
For some of the people the categories are simple: RPGM bad, Ren'Py good, DAZ good, Honey Select bad, Harem good, sharing (or even NTR) bad...

That you can do anything good or bad don't matter that much to them. They don't see the shades of gray between black and white.
Maria, Android, Ashley and Vennesa are good examples. Because Android has femdom content, she is for some a red rag. Same with Maria and her "slutty" self and that she like to haved fun with "our" girlfriends and Ashley with her craziness...

Last edited:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Can you even pull that off, I have not see any Elf in daz type games.
Here you go.
1612295860504.png
Although official they aren't elves, but I think they look at least similar to elfs.
Game is Wicked Choice for the reference.

Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
I think jessicajones meant after HH is finished. Illusion engine dev's often get asked this question. It's seen as a step up.
I prefer HS and Koikatsu models, and I'm more likely to try games made with them. Not to say I haven't enjoyed my share of DAZ games. But I hope HH is not finished for a looooongcat time.

It might make more sense for Runey's next game to be made with HS2, given his audience and style, especially if the modding community starts pumping out assets for it.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Or, it is a way of foreplay and asking what type of sex activity she is interested in. You have a 'Lust' statistic that you use to say the girl is very horny and wants to have sex. Why not factor that into the girl's decision making process?

I can understand your answer but don't agree with that logic for the most part. This is something that can easily be addressed with a logic improvement in the code (checking the girls 'Lust' statistic and factoring that into the decision making process).

To me, it is a foreplay issue. The girl wants to have sex and the MC teases her back asking for specifics.

I understand that I will always be outvoted as the fans always support the author no matter what decision is made.

Keep up the great work regardless!
This game has always had sexual suggestions like that, it's up to you to make things happen. Same goes along with every time in the story the girls have said "You better fuck me when we get back". She doesn't lose affection if you don't, but it's a way to create your own story. In the moment in time, she could have requested your cock and you would have given it to her. It changes it from being your idea, to her idea.

IMO If "Yes" is not your response to "Wanna fuck?" then most people can assume you don't want to fuck, consent and all. But sometimes she will push further if she's feeling extra horny in that moment. You're not seeing the nuance here, you're only looking out for bugs and inconsistencies.

If fans support a creator no matter what, every creator would be popular. Creators are popular for a reason, and it's not that they've made something, it's what they have made. Try not to look at this as a "like war" haha. You're right that it wouldn't be too hard to fix, I just don't agree that there is an issue that needs to be fixed.

I appreciate the suggestion though.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
To be fair, if my girlfriend told me they wanted to have sex, and I immediately replied with "Is there anything you want to do?" right after, she would probably assume I didn't want to have sex haha.

Another way of looking at it is, your girlfriend asked you for sex and instead of having sex, you clicked a different option. You ignored her here.

You can build your own immersion by fulfilling her request, otherwise it's safe to assume you don't want sex if she just asked for sex and you didn't give her sex haha.
I do like that you changed Lin's Lobby question to requesting to be taken to the dungeon, rather than just have sex, since that is the only way to do that in that situation.
To me, it is a foreplay issue. The girl wants to have sex and the MC teases her back asking for specifics.
That would be nice when/if there are more lobby options, at the moment, there would be few options other than whatever their sex act is in the lobby or take them to the dungeon. I suppose the exhibitionism events could easily be added to the option to go to the cafe/beach. We already have that part, just give the choice at the location to hang out (+Love), or do kinky stuff (+Exhibitionism).

nathe

Feb 3, 2020
I do like that you changed Lin's Lobby question to requesting to be taken to the dungeon, rather than just have sex, since that is the only way to do that in that situation.

That would be nice when/if there are more lobby options, at the moment, there would be few options other than whatever their sex act is in the lobby or take them to the dungeon. I suppose the exhibitionism events could easily be added to the option to go to the cafe/beach. We already have that part, just give the choice at the location to hang out (+Love), or do kinky stuff (+Exhibitionism).
to be fair, it's quite impossible to make all the dialogues seem natural to everyone.
I usually just go easy on that, we can rollback anyway
Tho, i do know some games tried to solve this problem with "instead of give player options to select different speeches, just let the player choose actions."
MC can still speak after the choice, but the number of confused players can be reduced.
The downside is it may lower the empathy of other players.

Last edited:

nathe

Feb 3, 2020
Runey, have you considered moving away from Honey Select and using DAZ Studio to get better character models and more flexibility with scenes?
If the development time is too long, new engines/software do have an impact, but i do know many people stick with the old school way and still make solid things. It really depends on how you handle it.

I did not know any DAZ user that can make more attractive(to me) models than Runney. Also learning new software takes time, Honey select 2 may do a better job on recreating the same characters+minimize learning time.

Remake all the pictures is not feasible, but Using new things in the new game is always the way. One of the many benefits about separating games : D

Reactions: TheDevian
4.70 star(s) 449 Votes