TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Why does this forum randomly stop giving me updates for threads?

Nope.
If you get a notification in your list and miss it (easy to do when you get a lot at a time), they will think you are ignoring it, and won't give you any more until you pop back in and see the new stuff again (just loading the first page won't usually do it).

MrFurry

May 4, 2017
hi runey i love your games im so sad that i dont have the money to support you right now -.-
is there a release date to the public v0.12 update ?

May 26, 2018
Have to say, LOVE this game. Finally finished all girls (and side girls) Main story. But I have to admit, little bummed that it takes so long between updates. I understand wanting to make sure every error or bug is fixed before releasing the new update, but as much as I like this game, would be nice to have updates at least a little sooner instead of every 3 to 6 months. And yes, I know I could contribute to possibly get earlier updates, but I am a disabled veteran on a very limited fixed income. :(

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Have to say, LOVE this game. Finally finished all girls (and side girls) Main story. But I have to admit, little bummed that it takes so long between updates. I understand wanting to make sure every error or bug is fixed before releasing the new update, but as much as I like this game, would be nice to have updates at least a little sooner instead of every 3 to 6 months. And yes, I know I could contribute to possibly get earlier updates, but I am a disabled veteran on a very limited fixed income. :(
Not really possible with such large updates. There is just too much to do for one guy.

Reactions: Oldtoothlessbasterd

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Unless the game is new/has very little content and is frequently throwing up updates like me after that enchilada night from hell I honestly wish I could forget, I'm afraid 3+ months is usually the norm when it comes to these bigger games. There are other games that follow the alternative method of releasing updates every week or so, which usually amount to a couple minutes of game time each week. It depends on the dev's preference really, I'm afraid all we can do is wait on this end.

Or visit Runey's house with torch and pitchfork in hand and... peacefully tell him we love the game and will continue to wait for the update like good boys and girls. The torches are just for illumination and the pitchforks for the wild brush. We ain't savages.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Unless the game is new/has very little content and is frequently throwing up updates like me after that enchilada night from hell I honestly wish I could forget, I'm afraid 3+ months is usually the norm when it comes to these bigger games. There are other games that follow the alternative method of releasing updates every week or so, which usually amount to a couple minutes of game time each week. It depends on the dev's preference really, I'm afraid all we can do is wait on this end.

Or visit Runey's house with torch and pitchfork in hand and... peacefully tell him we love the game and will continue to wait for the update like good boys and girls. The torches are just for illumination and the pitchforks for the wild brush. We ain't savages.
3 - 4 months is where I want to be right now. It's been exactly 3 months since v0.11 actually, and v0.12 should be completed in a few weeks, then released to the public once it's polished.
I don't get many complaints about the time between updates, and I get a lot of compliments each update on the content, so I'm assuming my pace is solid, especially since my Patreon is still on the rise. But I don't want to stretch it further than 4. I try to push to closer to 3 each update.

Quick updates are very prone to bugs. The average player will probably ignore a game if it gets too many updates for a while anyway so I see no point.

iopq

Feb 16, 2018
3 - 4 months is where I want to be right now. It's been exactly 3 months since v0.11 actually, and v0.12 should be completed in a few weeks, then released to the public once it's polished.
I don't get many complaints about the time between updates, and I get a lot of compliments each update on the content, so I'm assuming my pace is solid, especially since my Patreon is still on the rise. But I don't want to stretch it further than 4. I try to push to closer to 3 each update.

Quick updates are very prone to bugs. The average player will probably ignore a game if it gets too many updates for a while anyway so I see no point.
Your update timeframe is more than fine. Recently revisited HH after over a year and it's still one of the best.

Also small rapid updates are not only bad for bugs, but for a game of your size you'd need an auto extracting updater - which again is prone to bugs and not to mention the spoonfeeding little Timmy would need to get it working properly.

Reactions: Remianen and Runey
Jun 15, 2017
Uhm I'm playing the game for the first time, don't get me wrong this is fun and the characters are really well written, but what the fuck is happening with the chattel slavery for elves?

coyotegrey

Feb 19, 2018
I mean I can enjoy some dark fantasy, but it's the only place where the game feels a bit inconsistent in tone
That's how slavery was in history when it was based on a group. If you're part of the dominant group your day is just a normal every day. However if, for instance, if you were black in America before the emancipation or you were in Rome and weren't a citizen of Rome things were pretty damn dark. And for most people that's just fine if it's not happening to them especially if it's happening to people they can call different to them, it's not their problem. It only feels inconsistent to us because we weren't raised in a slave society, our outlook hasn't been clouded by being raised up with "that's the way it is".

Yes this is a very. . . surface level analysis of the history, but I'm trying to make my point without a wall o' text.

4.70 star(s) 449 Votes