TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
any idea how long he usually take? and do you know if there is anyway to remove it completely?
SHE is usually very fast, but it can take a day or three, she has to go through, figure it all out, and then update the mod...
If you don't want to wait, you can always download one of the clean saves someone posted.

Reactions: peixe751

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
I can't help but think that Vanessa is going to be more useless than helpful in the future. She's definitely the weak link in the chain and for all her bluster, if she gets in trouble, I get the feeling she's going to dob in the MC or Nia. Either that or she ends up manipulating Nia to attack corporate targets, becoming an arc villain.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I can't help but think that Vanessa is going to be more useless than helpful in the future. She's definitely the weak link in the chain and for all her bluster, if she gets in trouble, I get the feeling she's going to dob in the MC or Nia. Either that or she ends up manipulating Nia to attack corporate targets, becoming an arc villain.
I am worried that in her exuberance, she will blurt out something accidentally, and get us in trouble that way. That, or she announces a target on air, and the feds hear it and meet us there.

aaaf010101

May 9, 2020
This is a missing image error, the image exists for other players though, including me. Someone must have been corrupted when you installed it, or perhaps you messed with the files? A reinstall should fix.
Reinstalling the game helped! The problem was due to a memory issue. Thanks!

kurum007

Jul 26, 2017
Hmm i still have a story is incomplete for android and maria, but i don't have to usual *talk* option when visiting their rooms, any ideas?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
What I meant by fail to launch is,
I click on the game it goes to the JoiPlay load screen for a split second,
Then closes.

But like I said to the other one,
Perhaps it was another issue,
If this works then perhaps Mythic Manor will as well.
Some people are having issues on that site for such big files, you are better off running it from your pc, and not using some third party middleman.
Hmm i still have a story is incomplete for android and maria, but i don't have to usual *talk* option when visiting their rooms, any ideas?
Wait. Android's requires you to finish everything else...

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
how do you update this game or do you just redownload it?
Deepend, which version of the game you use.

Normal you just download the (whole) game and extract on your machine (in a new directory, not into the folder from the old version). For PC/Linux/Mac, you have all the choice. Light compressed or heavy compressed.
For Android, you have to use a PC version and follow the instruction for Android or wait until someone perhaps make an direct package for Android (yet I doubt it).

If you use the original PC (and Linux) version, you could update them with my . Although can only give support to PC (don't have a Linux machine at hand), the files are the same and only the permission would be neede to set correctly, at least as I know. As this are patchs the must be extrated into the old game folder.

And if you use a mod, then you usually have to wait until the mod is updated.

Reactions: TheDevian

poarvl

Jul 28, 2019
Dear developer, please, consider adding torrent link for downloads, 6+ Gb game is a pain to download from file storages...

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I found a small logical bug when it comes to Maria... sorry I haven't gone through the replies to see if it's reported or not.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for the report, I've just fixed this.

Does the old saves no longer work?
I am getting an error

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/bar.rpy", line 1600, in script call
    call tt from _call_tt
  File "game/scripts/bar.rpy", line 187, in script call
    call screen barb
    call screen barb
    call screen barb
    call screen barb
    call screen barb
    call screen barb
  File "game/scripts/bar.rpy", line 5421, in script
    menu:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'sensitive'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/bar.rpy", line 1600, in script call
    call tt from _call_tt
    call screen barb
    call screen barb
    call screen barb
    call screen barb
    call screen barb
    call screen barb
  File "game/scripts/bar.rpy", line 5421, in script
    menu:
  File "C:\New folder\New folder\Games\harem hotel\Harem_Hotel-v0.12-pc_compressed\Harem_Hotel-v0.12-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1626, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "C:\New folder\New folder\Games\harem hotel\Harem_Hotel-v0.12-pc_compressed\Harem_Hotel-v0.12-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 983, in menu
    rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
  File "C:\New folder\New folder\Games\harem hotel\Harem_Hotel-v0.12-pc_compressed\Harem_Hotel-v0.12-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1217, in display_menu
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\New folder\New folder\Games\harem hotel\Harem_Hotel-v0.12-pc_compressed\Harem_Hotel-v0.12-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\New folder\New folder\Games\harem hotel\Harem_Hotel-v0.12-pc_compressed\Harem_Hotel-v0.12-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\New folder\New folder\Games\harem hotel\Harem_Hotel-v0.12-pc_compressed\Harem_Hotel-v0.12-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3191, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\New folder\New folder\Games\harem hotel\Harem_Hotel-v0.12-pc_compressed\Harem_Hotel-v0.12-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2091, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 546, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 247, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\New folder\New folder\Games\harem hotel\Harem_Hotel-v0.12-pc_compressed\Harem_Hotel-v0.12-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 154, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\New folder\New folder\Games\harem hotel\Harem_Hotel-v0.12-pc_compressed\Harem_Hotel-v0.12-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "C:\New folder\New folder\Games\harem hotel\Harem_Hotel-v0.12-pc_compressed\Harem_Hotel-v0.12-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 683, in render
    sensitive = renpy.python.py_eval(self.screen.sensitive, locals=self.scope)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'sensitive'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Harem Hotel v0.12
Sat Mar 13 14:34:55 2021
Did you download a mod in v0.11? Saves work.

Minor bugs/problems.

Sometimes characters are in two places, it may be because it is an old save. Example. On Friday at noon I have Emma masturbating in the utility area, but she is also at college.

After Lin did the elf tribe first meeting I had her sleep in the room, Maria called (Hana first BJ scene). The day counter stays on the screen. Only happens with Lin and only with this mix happening. Again might be an old save thing.

A few typos
Small typo with Ann when talking with the other elves about traditions. "You know, we used to have a few traditions of own..." (should be "of our own")

Kate reward after riddle "by getting suspending" I assume you mean "suspended", "happy with you reward" (your).

When days get in the high numbers they start to shift. Like 478 is starting to move off the calendar icon. (Old save)

Sometimes the name of MC's Android isn't used, like during the scene with the construction bot. Kali called her "Android" instead of the chosen name. (wasn't sure if Kali was trying to hide her name) (unsure if this also happens from the gallery)

The hidden riddle was hard, mainly because I didn't remember the original riddles which I did nigh on 6 months to a year ago, so you might want a hint or a way to review for players who haven't done those recently.

======
I personally would like a better scene tracker. Moon had a scene but she isn't in the group that is counted in the tracker. So something that also tracks these minor characters/scenes. Also a small explanation of colors and stars in the character's info panel.

Story wise who is higher in the religion, Autumn's father or the Saint?
Emma and Felicity are in the utility room on mondays, not fridays. I don't know how you're getting this, but I'm not.

Second bug fixed!

Third bug fixed!

Fourth bug fixed!

Please share a direct quote of the "Android" issue like you have with the previous mistakes, I can't find it without a direct quote.

Harem Hotel is meant to be played as a finished product, not in an undeveloped state. In other words, you'll be going through all those riddles at once when game is finished (and starting in v0.12).

Moon is counted in the Bar events tracker, they share the same stat.

Reactions: Oldtoothlessbasterd

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
You need to complete every other characters scene. Main character and side.
Only main, not side.

Besides, you can still see Maria in the bar on the weekends so she's not totally 'gone'. lol
If you're claiming Maria is in the bar when she shouldn't be, please report this bug. This is the first time I'm hearing anything like this.

Reactions: TheDevian

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I don't know why you assume she's supposed to be a bad person. She's an abolitionist, just like Nia and hopefully you. By the way, you realize Nia has literally killed humans and burned property? Nia is an anarchist, Vanessa is a podcast host...

Nia has already made it clear she wants to burn this metaphorical city of gold. Vanessa wants her to focus, stop burning, and take down the pieces that really matter.

I am worried that in her exuberance, she will blurt out something accidentally, and get us in trouble that way. That, or she announces a target on air, and the feds hear it and meet us there.
In the story, I made it clear that she respects privacy, and wouldn't even tell her best friends about your secret. This proved she puts the cause over anything else.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
In the story, I made it clear that she respects privacy, and wouldn't even tell her best friends about your secret. This proved she puts the cause over anything else.
(She wouldn't tell them ...in front of us.) :whistle::ROFLMAO: Kim did seem like she was going to get really pushy about it though. lol

But seriously, I doubt she would do anything intentionally, but she does seem to get overly excited, something could slip... :p
I was honestly shocked enough by her guest and them openly chatting about everything they did there.

On another note, I was thinking it would be nice to be able to search for the kidnapped desert elves (like the 'chubby' one) online, buying them, and sending them back to their homes. And if you are feeling really bored one day in the distant future, maybe we could visit them and make some half elf babies to help them. The half elves would age faster, and help them grow their numbers more quickly after all... Right? :sneaky:

Reactions: lunar517 and c3p0

fr12rebel

Mar 6, 2018
does codes for money work?

No.
Download Unren.Bat then extract unren.bat tothe folder where the exe from Harem Hotel is. Then click there on unren.bat and typ 3 and click Enter ( Then start the game ). And then you do Shift + O and then you type this: money = 999999 . I know for sure that it will work.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
But seriously, I doubt she would do anything intentionally, but she does seem to get overly excited, something could slip... :p
I was honestly shocked enough by her guest and them openly chatting about everything they did there.
Fair enough, there just seems to be a lot of assumptions about Vanessa based on preconceived bias. She takes this stuff seriously, it's more or less her job to speak out against slavery which is very dangerous in Syl'anar. She's putting a huge target on her back already and risking her life to free elves, similarly to Nia. Where they differ though, is Nia is willing to hurt or kill (tries not to) and burn things to get what she wants. Both are meant to be flawed characters fighting for the good of the world. That being a system that doesn't oppress people.

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
I find it awesome, that there is another content update now. But this time I will wait until the first bug free versions are there.

Reactions: Runey
4.70 star(s) 444 Votes