beldr

Aug 8, 2017
Guess you are playing with the truestory code. If you don't use the code, Felicity and Emma are clones instead of twins.
Well, that explains it. Then it would make no sense to use the whole cloning thing for the story since the "truestory" does not have clones at all

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Well, that explains it. Then it would make no sense to use the whole cloning thing for the story since the "truestory" does not have clones at all
True, at least for that part anyway. I mean they have already introduced some synth-like tech*, so I don't think adding cloning would be much of an imagination stretch though :)

*apparently I am too brain-fried this morning, can't get the spoiler function to work...:rolleyes:

Greyskye

Jun 8, 2021
Yeah great ideas in your above post. Would require a large team to implement them. HH isn't a triple A game. There's just runey as far as I know. Maybe he'll take an idea or two for his story, make a scene where the MC helps rescue an abused elf or something and they send her off to the desert tribe, once a deal is made to rehabilitate freed elves and replenish their crippled population with. Win/win. Otherwise it sounds like a lot of grind, point and click sim city stuff. Buttons you click that tell you something is happening, without showing you that it's happening. Not the point of VN. Kind of like Dragon age 3. Point unseen agents to do unseen things and get some type of bonus on a screen. Grind, grind and more grindy. People would hate it.
Making real scenes with some of the ideas would be cool.
Branching paths as you said, not likely. Though taking over the world with the android only to have her YesMan you from fallout NV would be a cool ending :devilish:

And as for the points being a threshold gateway, that's what points are 9 times out of ten in adult VN's. It's grind, good or bad depending on the player/VN.
They don't need to be anything more.
Continue story, add H scenes, Harem Hotel sim city is not something I'd expect or want runey to spend his time on.
Those elements are already in the game in the form of the sex statistics and the money/gift/upgrade system. It doesn't change the nature or mechanics of the game, it just adds gameplay goals in the late game, because all the early game mechanics are exhausted at that point.

If you've played "The Last Sovereign" the designer there does a really good job of switching in new gameplay objectives as the game progresses, that follow the story where you are as you transition from a simple crusader into the de facto ruler of a kingdom, then start to ascend to emperor and even a god-like status. TLS Example: After you recruit a business leader into the harem, you begin purchasing shares in businesses to increase your income. You use that money to buy into more businesses, or to improve your harem's equipment and status in the game world. Once you take over a kingdom, instead of spending your own money, you start spending percentages of the kingdom's budget (same value mechanic, but expressed as a percentage of 100), and instead of just forwarding your own wealth, you are aiming to improve the city's economy, reduce racial prejudice between orcs/succubi/humans, and improve overall quality of life. Same mechanics, different setting in the story.

As you progress, objectives change and means of achieving them are altered, previous decisions come into play by checking variable switches you made earlier, but it's done with just surface variations of the same design element (IE variable switches and thresholds). Making non-boring gameplay elements that don't feel grindy is just as much an art form as narrative storytelling, but you can use the same creative skillset to come up with them. The idea is to create a sense of participation for the player, so they can experience a sense of accomplishment as a result.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cokane0

Jjay08

Nov 16, 2019
How I think every character sleeps with the mc.

Lin:
Doing the most recent couple updates.

Me during Lin's story: "Hmm... This is getting kind of dull. Maybe I'm losing interest in the whole "Abolish slavery" subplot.

Me doing Maria's story: "WHAT THE FUCK, SOCIETY? I WILL TEAR THIS WORLD APART WITH MY OWN HANDS IF I HAVE TO!"
Right? I checked the computer everyday to see if she was available to buy. I didn't want to do anything just hit the move time button in till she came back.

Reactions: Greyskye

Greyskye

Jun 8, 2021
How I think every character sleeps with the mc.

Lin:

Right? I checked the computer everyday to see if she was available to buy. I didn't want to do anything just hit the move time button in till she came back.
Similar reaction, though I had trouble agreeing with Nia's observations afterward. I think her plans are stupid and she lacks self-control so I don't want to end up agreeing to be a part of her "solution". If the player can bring anything to the storyline through the MC that is lacking in the harem, it is the ability to remain calm and form a nuanced plan that has a chance at success, assuming he doesn't just keep getting dragged through everyone else's schemes. With the exception of Ellen, they all have a tendency to go off half-cocked (pun intended) when something upsets them.

Maria's storyline was really impactful, but Doll's father dying believing he'd wasted his life and failed his child hit me hardest so far. That was right up there with the ending scenes from Jurassic Bark with Fry's dog waiting for him to return. There's nothing you can do to make that better. It just is.

Reactions: Jjay08
Jun 11, 2021
Im new here, and i've got a problem running this game then I got this, pls someone tell me how do I solve this? I'm not quite familiar with these stuffs 1623484917484.png

Jun 11, 2021
Looks like you need an audio driver, you seem to have issues there.
audio driver? all up to date. I don't know why, but maybe I should plug my headphone on?
edit: nevermind, I plugged my headphone in and everything works very well, the first time I saw a game must have sound output to play, my bad, and thank you

Reactions: Cokane0

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
Not that I am aware of, but I would suggest a downloader, like Jdownloader2, it will make things much easier for you.
As much as I hate Download Managers, I had to do it: Kept getting interruptions... I'll delete it after I download this game though. Games that are over 5GB should really get a torrent on this website.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
audio driver? all up to date. I don't know why, but maybe I should plug my headphone on?
edit: nevermind, I plugged my headphone in and everything works very well, the first time I saw a game must have sound output to play, my bad, and thank you
It might be up to date, but it doesn't appear to be correct, the screen shot showed that it was disabled.
As much as I hate Download Managers, I had to do it: Kept getting interruptions... I'll delete it after I download this game though. Games that are over 5GB should really get a torrent on this website.
I would suggest keeping it, you will need it again, and it is an incredibly handy program to use. Just copy a link, and it looks for anything it can save.

imzahai

Apr 19, 2019
Now I just want to snuggle Maria every night. I'm afraid she'll have nightmares about being enslaved or something. I hope hana can fill in for me when I can't be there.
of course you meant Cuddle with her, as only I can FILL her.

• Haha
Reactions: alex2011

Jjay08

Nov 16, 2019
anybody can fill her. that is the role of the mc. snuggling can only happen in head canon really. What are you trying to prove by saying you can fill her? She deserves love after being detained as a slave and her identity being erased because of it.

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes