rogue886

Aug 21, 2017
The game was looking for you to either be above, or below 10. If you were at exactly 10 (which you were) it acted as though nothing happened, and gave you nothing. Yes, this was a bug. If you have a save, get all those stats at 10 to 11
I had a QSave from about 10 days earlier, so back to training agin..
Thanks for the reply :)

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
My personal opinion is that character deaths are a cheap way to get an emotional response out of the reader/viewer/player. I don't disagree that endings must happen, but maybe you could have them leave some other way. People grow and change, so maybe living at the hotel just doesn't suit what that character wants in life any more and so chooses to leave.
It's really hard to respond to that knowing what I know. I don't want to spoil it, but having her leave would be VERY bad, and people would hate me for it.

Not because she would be gone, but... Yeah, like I said. I have to keep my words vague so I don't spoil it.

I think I'll continue on with what I have planned, I'll make the ending when it's ready (which wont be for a while don't worry.) and if people don't like it, I'll change it. Or lock it to the truestory code.

Valeck

Aug 16, 2017
What was your obedience and sex stat numbers at the time of doing those events?

I don't want to spoil how her dying is planned, but she won't 'just die'. There's going to be a very good reason for her death. I can understand wanting to escape from life to play a game. But I'm not going to be forcing you to see her die. On her door, once all her story has been seen, and you've married her, there will most likely be a "End her story" button on every character's door. What I mean to say is, you wont just be watching anybody die randomly in one event.

But like I said, this isn't 100% set in stone, I don't know for sure if I'll be adding this, and I'm still very curious to see why and why not people would dislike this.

I'm simply asking for feedback.
I never thinked that you do it lightly or without a good construction.
Its just that for me in this matter is never a reason good enough.

Reactions: Runey

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Ok, so I restarted, seeing the new beginning stuff (well, new for me^^), and I wonder:
When I ask out Kali and she says "tomorrow", I can just immediately ask her again on the next time slot and go there.
Similarly, after the yoga session with happy ending, Lin is still flabbergasted when asking for a blowjob, even though she kind of had the MC finish in her mouth already. I figured at that point she would be a bit more wordy in explaining why not?
Even though I guess I know. Edit: After delivering Kali's package, I can pick it up again. I think that qualifies as a bug?

Regarding endings, please don't censor yourself.

Nplm2

Mar 31, 2017
Maybe i missed something... emma give me only boobjob at the beach... for sex the game tell me she's not ready... no handjob and nothing from felicity... only naked catwalk...

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Maybe i missed something... emma give me only boobjob at the beach... for sex the game tell me she's not ready... no handjob and nothing from felicity... only naked catwalk...
She's not ready for sex because you haven't had sex with her in the story.

This game isn't done, so Felicity doesn't have all of her Exhibitionism scenes. She has her reveal breasts and naked cat walk options.

shinomond

Nov 21, 2017
For the whole death of a character, you are having to create a reason to kill a character just so you can kill a character. Its something to think long a hard about as investors can feel put off by changing the direction of a character they support from a touching love story to a tragedy. I know plenty of people that dropped RWBY after the death of Pira. Sure the writers came up with a reason but they had to do so on purpose.

Frankly I am playing this hoping for an actual harem ending. Having true love options are nice, but this is fiction and I want my cake, your cake, and other people cake all for myself. The option to buy Lin's sister being offered but cant persue it, or the abused elf in the orgy that needs a kind master not being given to the player when he was specifically brought to the event because he is nice are things I hope come about later. Basically quit teasing more wife material we cant add to the harem.

Also thinking about the story it seems a bit wierd how the sisters and ashley work in the game currently. There are times when they are at school and I cant enter their room but they were suspended in the ashley storyline already. Events can currently be played out of order for them as they can even interact with eachother if I rush building the second floor for my busty robo maid. They can bounce around levels of knowing eachother or even who the PC is in some scenes.

PS: Thanks for looking into the Elf Orgy Error.

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
The new dreamscape scene was added to the Violet character (A character that is not canon to Harem Hotel's story. Anything that happens around violet should be considered as not actually happening). You can unlock her through the code: spinningtv
k ty for the info and just a heads up on the 1st i will be suporting you at 20$ a month

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
It's really hard to respond to that knowing what I know. I don't want to spoil it, but having her leave would be VERY bad, and people would hate me for it.

Not because she would be gone, but... Yeah, like I said. I have to keep my words vague so I don't spoil it.

I think I'll continue on with what I have planned, I'll make the ending when it's ready (which wont be for a while don't worry.) and if people don't like it, I'll change it. Or lock it to the truestory code.
Don't you dare to kill Lin, Emma or Maria! I mean i'm pretty certain that i have an idea who it could hit but still don't you dare to take one of them! :D

Pregnancy is also a difficult thing especially that i can only imagine two of the girls who would be completly fine with it characterwhise.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
For the whole death of a character, you are having to create a reason to kill a character just so you can kill a character. Its something to think long a hard about as investors can feel put off by changing the direction of a character they support from a touching love story to a tragedy. I know plenty of people that dropped RWBY after the death of Pira. Sure the writers came up with a reason but they had to do so on purpose.

Frankly I am playing this hoping for an actual harem ending. Having true love options are nice, but this is fiction and I want my cake, your cake, and other people cake all for myself. The option to buy Lin's sister being offered but cant persue it, or the abused elf in the orgy that needs a kind master not being given to the player when he was specifically brought to the event because he is nice are things I hope come about later. Basically quit teasing more wife material we cant add to the harem.

Also thinking about the story it seems a bit wierd how the sisters and ashley work in the game currently. There are times when they are at school and I cant enter their room but they were suspended in the ashley storyline already. Events can currently be played out of order for them as they can even interact with eachother if I rush building the second floor for my busty robo maid. They can bounce around levels of knowing eachother or even who the PC is in some scenes.

PS: Thanks for looking into the Elf Orgy Error.
I'm sure I'll be adding a Harem ending of sorts. Possibly an orgy of all of them after you marry all of them. Something like that anyway.

I think you're looking at the death of a character as me thinking "Hm, how can I make people sad? Oh I know, I'll kill one of them." This is very far from the truth. I'm not sitting around thinking for a reason to kill someone. I'm not changing any direction or anything. I don't watch RWBY so I can't really compare, but it sounds like as if the voice actor or something quit and the writers needed to find a way to kill her. Which like I said, isn't close to what I'm going to do.

And yes, not all of the features are in the game of course. I wont just be adding more to the game, I'll be going back and adding more as well, such as the option to buy Jin, which I would love to do in v0.6. Everything comes with ups and downs though, if I want to add something it takes away from something else, and someone is going to be sad about that. I also plan to add more story in between already existing story. Keep in mind, Harem Hotel is sort of in a Demo/Beta state as a whole.

Having so many stories is bound to cause confliction, and I wont be able to fix them. The negatives outweigh the positives. I could do one of two things. Make two events for one story event, one where X likes Y and one where X hates Y. However, that would mean I would have to cut someone else's event out of the update. Or, I could lock the event where X likes Y away until X actually likes Y in X's story. But then you're now forced to do X's story to continue Y's story, and not everyone will want to do X's story.

Reactions: Tanaxanth

Congressman Weiner

Jul 29, 2018
Just started 5.0 so take my comments as an initial thought...

I really don't like pretending to like having a slave. I want to free the slaves, not keep them. I wish the option wasn't to invite that guy over with his slaves to show them how it's done but instead to tell them to fuck off and to free my slave (who would then stay with me anyway and then I could hire her instead).

I also don't feel like I have much of a choice now. This feels a bit more like a visual novel instead of a game. I read the letter and got into Lin's training haven't made a decision yet.

As for a death? Come on, this isn't Game of Thrones. I don't want to be angry or sad with the game, that's not what I'm playing it for.

Now, of course, this is just my opinion. No story will ever satisfy everyone. And overall this is an excellent game so don't think I'm being overly harsh. If I didn't care about this game, I wouldn't have gotten this far, nor would I be posting comments.

EDIT: posted this before I saw the last comment above

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
not to come off dark or anything..but i'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest the "death" will be Ashley committing suicide if you end up with anyone but her..she is a psychological mess..thoroughly obsessed with the MC ..moody as hell...she has all the traits of bi-polar and depression...i myself suffer from severe depression and my mother and sister were bi-polar schitzophrenic's so i had 40+ years of dealing with it before they passed...so..i do not know if it was intentionally written in that she is that way or just happenstance that she seems that way...but i can see her offing herself and it wouldnt be out of the blue.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Just started 5.0 so take my comments as an initial thought...

I really don't like pretending to like having a slave. I want to free the slaves, not keep them. I wish the option wasn't to invite that guy over with his slaves to show them how it's done but instead to tell them to fuck off and to free my slave (who would then stay with me anyway and then I could hire her instead).

I also don't feel like I have much of a choice now. This feels a bit more like a visual novel instead of a game. I read the letter and got into Lin's training haven't made a decision yet.

As for a death? Come on, this isn't Game of Thrones. I don't want to be angry or sad with the game, that's not what I'm playing it for.

Now, of course, this is just my opinion. No story will ever satisfy everyone. And overall this is an excellent game so don't think I'm being overly harsh. If I didn't care about this game, I wouldn't have gotten this far, nor would I be posting comments.

EDIT: posted this before I saw the last comment above
Well, yes, this is a visual novel. But it's an open visual novel. Harem Hotel has many characters with their own story. Some events may branch off, and some will change other events. But each character's theme needs to stay in place, such as Lin being a slave.

Yes, you can free her. It's very bad to do though. A free slave is a slave available to be stolen, since nobody owns it. But, morally, it's the right thing to do. So now you're in a state where you're fighting your morals or your fighting the system. Freeing Lin will not have much of a difference in her story. As the only difference would be someone trying to steal her from you, and I don't want to include that. But, Cornwall's challenge event WILL change Lin's story, and possibly every character's story.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.70 star(s) 447 Votes