freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
I prefer starting with no money tbh, I've tried both. Finished all friendship levels plus all 'sub-levels' at 10 or more in 334 days.

And I have $590. :D

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

hentatsujin

Dec 12, 2021
I'm not as negative about it as I seem to make it sound, but it blocks the story from progressing and that's the problem I have with it. Make more cosmetics and add-ons to buy with it, great. But don't leave me grinding just to try and complete the story. That's bad design, in my opinion.
okay this makes sense and I agree: no to anything that prevents the story to unfold, considering that is the main focus of this game. We do love the hentai action, but it is secondary and more endgame/replay value.

About the riddles, everything you need to know about them is in the Walkthrough/Cheat Mod.

About the money, there is a reason why I changed the money situation in Lain's Mod
I think you misquoted... I didn't have a single issue with the riddles, blazed through on first attempt xD
I'll take the chance to reiterate: I bought all outfits/accessories, I even wasted money with food at the vending machine and ordering pizza, and still I didn't have any issue with buying the bar nor expanding it. Mr. Trenero was absolutely unnecessary in my case, it was basically cheating, and I could've bought all slaves immediately while still being at profit with a stable cashflow.

One idea that could make money management more engaging (and realistic), could be that of letting the MC go into debt if he mess up, and Trenero could back it up only through advertisement. This way, more clients would flock to the bar, but that would mean the MC should employ one or more girls as staff, and their profitability would vary depending on how well they have been trained and are in love with the MC.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
As far as early game goes I've only noticed that you can stack a lot of of encounters with
What?

maybe getting the girls to take photo shoots to be more story impotent then what it is now. Maybe boose your income from one girl from 5 dollors to 10 or 15 if you have their photos up online.
This is sort of already the case. Pinups will give you an array of income that is randomized. Sluttier outfits give you more money.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
I think you misquoted... I didn't have a single issue with the riddles, blazed through on first attempt xD
I was just reminding you and anyone else that all the info for the riddles is in the Walkthrough/Cheat Mod so no need to have to remember or write them down. If you was able to do them all on your first attempt then that's pretty awesome.

I'll take the chance to reiterate: I bought all outfits/accessories, I even wasted money with food at the vending machine and ordering pizza, and still I didn't have any issue with buying the bar nor expanding it. Mr. Trenero was absolutely unnecessary in my case, it was basically cheating, and I could've bought all slaves immediately while still being at profit with a stable cashflow.
I'll assume Runey did that as part of the story to help lower the high amount of grinding already involved in the normal game.
Even if you concentrate on building up the bar to start making you as much money as you can plus selling the girls pics it still takes time and plenty of grinding unless you cheat via the console or the Walkthrough/Cheat Mod.

One idea that could make money management more engaging (and realistic), could be that of letting the MC go into debt if he mess up, and Trenero could back it up only through advertisement. This way, more clients would flock to the bar, but that would mean the MC should employ one or more girls as staff, and their profitability would vary depending on how well they have been trained and are in love with the MC.
That could be interesting but it could mess with the story depending on what Runey already has planned. Though as someone who does both story writing and programming too, I could see how it could be implemented with very little impact to Runey's story.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I'll assume Runey did that as part of the story to help lower the high amount of grinding already involved in the normal game.
Even if you concentrate on building up the bar to start making you as much money as you can plus selling the girls pics it still takes time and plenty of grinding unless you cheat via the console or the Walkthrough/Cheat Mod.
Harem Hotel has no grinding in it. This is by design and from the feedback I have gotten, I reduce it everywhere I can, and the majority of feedback I get it is "I have too much money, give me more things to spend it on." Any grinding is purely optional, like if you for some reason wanted every outfit by day 30. Harem Hotel has passive income galore.

Last edited:

hentatsujin

Dec 12, 2021
all the info for the riddles is in the Walkthrough/Cheat Mod so no need to have to remember or write them down
I see, thank you then, will install it if I need to replay

I'll assume Runey did that as part of the story to help lower the high amount of grinding
what grinding? :LOL: if anything I need MORE grinding, and more stuff to buy (especially in the dungeon) to train all girls into perfection

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I see, thank you then, will install it if I need to replay

what grinding? :LOL: if anything I need MORE grinding, and more stuff to buy (especially in the dungeon) to train all girls into perfection
Lots of new outfits will be available in v0.15, it's the biggest expansion to outfits yet \o/

And there will be more training options available for exhibitionism and submission eventually, which should make gaining those stats feel even less like a "grind".

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Harem Hotel has no grinding in it. This is by design and from the feedback I have gotten, I reduce it everywhere I can, and the majority of feedback I get it is "I have too much money, give me more things to spend it on." Any grinding is purely optional, like if you for some reason wanted every outfit by day 30. Harem Hotel has passive income galore.
By grinding I mean having to do minor things or just skip time to get through some of the weeks to get paid by the bar to have the money to do certain tasks or pay back money loaned if you don't use some type of money cheat.

I do look forward to doing more with the girls in the dungeon.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I'm not as negative about it as I seem to make it sound, but it blocks the story from progressing and that's the problem I have with it. Make more cosmetics and add-ons to buy with it, great. But don't leave me grinding just to try and complete the story. That's bad design, in my opinion.
It gives you time to work on the other girls, and just have fun with them. You are not supposed to focus on just one person.

There are a handful of story events that cost money, and several of them are kind of expensive if you are not 'rich', but most are later on and they are not all required, like I did not have to spend a few thousand in a recent Ashley event, but I did anyway.

My only issue is that I would like events like that to tell you before you start them, so you can plan for it. Not start them until you are ready. Can't remember if he said he was going to do that or not...
I thought that was an option, at least once... I remember something with Ellen about a debt forgiveness or something... Never had money issues, so I have no idea how it works though.

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
I thought that was an option, at least once... I remember something with Ellen about a debt forgiveness or something... Never had money issues, so I have no idea how it works though.
I went into debt to pay for android's new body. We lived on bread and water for almost 3 months. Dark times indeed.

• Haha
Reactions: c3p0 and TheDevian

Ryux3

Dec 28, 2021
People I have a problem I don't know if it's a bug, when I go to talk to Maria after giving her the succubu suit she sends me directly to the outside door but apart from that nothing else happens.... what can I do?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
People I have a problem I don't know if it's a bug, when I go to talk to Maria after giving her the succubu suit she sends me directly to the outside door but apart from that nothing else happens.... what can I do?
Work on Android's story...

Reactions: freedom.call

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
My only issue is that I would like events like that to tell you before you start them, so you can plan for it. Not start them until you are ready. Can't remember if he said he was going to do that or not...
I added that to the Walkthrough/Cheat Mod when I took over Lain's Mod.

Edit:
I thought I had a pic showing that in the images I put in the Mod Post but I don't have a pic to show you.

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes