TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I added that to the Walkthrough/Cheat Mod when I took over Lain's Mod.

Edit:
I thought I had a pic showing that in the images I put in the Mod Post but I don't have a pic to show you.
Thanks, but I don't mod ren'py games any more. Generally cause more issues than they solve. "If it ain't broke..." I love mods and modding in general, but usually avoid it for these games.

I can only think of one game I would want one for, and it would require an artist to recreate old sprites.

Reactions: freedom.call

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Thanks, but I don't mod ren'py games any more. Generally cause more issues than they solve. "If it ain't broke..." I love mods and modding in general, but usually avoid it for these games.

I can only think of one game I would want one for, and it would require an artist to recreate old sprites.
What makes Lains original work so great though is that it isn't just a WT mod. It adds many new scenes and functions.
That's why I'm grateful that Lord Ashram is working on it. A great piece of software would otherwise be lost.

Reactions: Lerd0 and TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
What makes Lains original work so great though is that it isn't just a WT mod. It adds many new scenes and functions.
That's why I'm grateful that Lord Ashram is working on it. A great piece of software would otherwise be lost.
More scenes would be nice, but I don't want to risk it. When the game is done, then I can see it, but in the meantime, the down sides are not worth it to me. I have never needed a walkthrough for this game, and I suppose that I usually only hear about the mods when people are complaining about what they broke, so I admit to being a bit jaded about them these days.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
More scenes would be nice, but I don't want to risk it. When the game is done, then I can see it, but in the meantime, the down sides are not worth it to me. I have never needed a walkthrough for this game, and I suppose that I usually only hear about the mods when people are complaining about what they broke, so I admit to being a bit jaded about them these days.
I can respect that.

About the people complaining about mod problems... well 99% of the userbase is too stupid to even find the /game folder so no surprise there...

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I can respect that.

About the people complaining about mod problems... well 99% of the userbase is too stupid to even find the /game folder so no surprise there...
Most of the complaints relate to saves being locked to the mod, at least the ones here. There are other games I follow, where the mods break shit all the time, but that is usually with Unity games, not Ren'Py.
Some new quality of life features.

Black outlines around menu options, money, day number. (And this menu shows where you currently are so it always remains the same)
View attachment 1744232

Exit confirmation menu has been updated
View attachment 1744233

Pause menu updates
View attachment 1744237
Ooooooo.... Pretty purple... XD

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I can respect that.

Most of the complaints relate to saves being locked to the mod, at least the ones here.
Or the complain mod version x don't work wit game version y, yet mod version x wasn't made for game version y.

But this is the life here along with the usual other frequent post like "save", "walkthrough", "update"...

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Most of the complaints relate to saves being locked to the mod, at least the ones here.
Does this mean when v0.15 drops i'll have to wait for Ashram to update his mod before i can play since my save is from a modded version? If that's the case, is he going to be able to just release a quick continuation mod whilst he works on the full update or is that not possible even if planned?

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020

I get what you are saying and my mods are not a 5 second mod job. I work very hard to ensure they do not break the games. Some of the mods I have even worked with the dev of those games for various reasons including helping fix issues in their games. If an issue comes up, I am pretty quick to fix it as I make these mods for myself so it would ruin the gaming experience if the mod broke anything as I do play through all the games I mod which is also the reason why my mods sometimes take a day or longer to get released after the game gets updated.

For this game I even went one step further and changed Lain's Money Cheat because her Money Cheat would give you $99,999 so I changed it so that you start with $6,000 and give you the ability to cheat for more money but it is a random amount of $50, $100 or $250 and then tease you about what you had to do to get that money. I did that to help balance the game more so that you don't have immediate access to everything you can buy but also so that you can play the game at a little bit of a faster pace with hints to focus using most of that money to build up the bar asap.

I also brought back the ability to spank Lin that Runey (temporarily??) took out.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Does this mean when v0.15 drops i'll have to wait for Ashram to update his mod before i can play since my save is from a modded version? If that's the case, is he going to be able to just release a quick continuation mod whilst he works on the full update or is that not possible even if planned?
People wait for month(s) for the dev to release an update to the game, they can wait an extra day (or sometimes only a few hours) for me to update the game's mod.

Edit:
I didn't mean for me to sound like an arrogant asshole.

Last edited:

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Some new quality of life features.

Black outlines around menu options, money, day number. (And this menu shows where you currently are so it always remains the same)
View attachment 1744232

Exit confirmation menu has been updated
View attachment 1744233

Pause menu updates
View attachment 1744237
Things like this is why you are one of my favourite devs... there is just no decline in quality with you.
Your game just keeps getting better and better.
Or to phrase it differently. Harem Hotel is clearly your passion project and passion is something that many devs lack. All they see is $$$ and then they get lazy.

Thank you Runey for your hard work. :D

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
People wait for month(s) for the dev to release an update to the game, they can wait an extra day (or sometimes only a few hours) for me to update the game's mod.
That's more than ok man, i'm not acting entitled, just curious how this stuff works, it didn't even occur to me that i might be unable to play without the mod until i read what Devian said and i was keen to be using your mod anyway, just had no idea if it was something where you can whip up a patched version that let's a modded save continue without the mod or if you'd need to fully mod the new version for modded saves to continue, i have no idea how modding works in Renpy and i was curious what that would mean for me as an end user.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
That's more than ok man, i'm not acting entitled, just curious how this stuff works, it didn't even occur to me that i might be unable to play without the mod until i read what Devian said and i was keen to be using your mod anyway, just had no idea if it was something where you can whip up a patched version that let's a modded save continue without the mod or if you'd need to fully mod the new version for modded saves to continue, i have no idea how modding works in Renpy and i was curious what that would mean for me as an end user.
I know you wasn't being entitled or anything like that, I was just pointing out that people have to wait for x amount of time for the dev so they can wait a few extra hours to a day or two longer for the modder to get their version out.

Now it would be much nicer if more devs and modders worked closer together so that the modder could get their mod out about the same time as the game dev. For instance even though I have worked with a few devs for various things, as of right now only 1 has added me to his team to both help with finding game bugs and code ideas but also maintaining an in-game walkthrough that players can choice to use or not. I also then maintain a Cheat Mod version separately to do extra things in the game.

As far as releasing a quicky update let me explain my process on how I update a mod to see why that can't be done.
I start of by making a code differential (using diff from the mingw-tools).
Then I backport all the changes from the newest version to the previous version of all the files I had to change.
Then I add my changes to the new content and test for any problems.
When everything is done and I don't find any issues then I release it.

I hope that explains everything.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
As far as releasing a quicky update let me explain my process on how I update a mod to see why that can't be done.
I start of by making a code differential (using diff from the mingw-tools).
Then I backport all the changes from the newest version to the previous version of all the files I had to change.
Then I add my changes to the new content and test for any problems.
When everything is done and I don't find any issues then I release it.

I hope that explains everything.
It explains enough to give me a working idea but i definitely don't know enough to even know how much i don't know so i couldn't even begin to ask more questions. Thanks for the insight.

Reactions: Lord Ashram

yomigu

Mar 21, 2022
I just realized something that I completely forgot to mention in my previous posts... Jinny! I was so disappointed when her breasts went back to their normal size after the hospital trip. She was my favorite elf design up until the size reduction, even though it was for plot reasons. I wish there was a way to return the milkers to their former glory lol. Maybe an event where she asks if she can get implants (which would be better than the hormonal drugs health-wise)? Honestly I don't know for sure if it would be in-character for her to do that, maybe it could be justified by her saying she missed having them or something, and now she doesn't have to worry about being mistreated by a slave owner. I don't know, all I know is her design was perfect the way she was! :ROFLMAO:

Mar 24, 2022
I just realized something that I completely forgot to mention in my previous posts... Jinny! I was so disappointed when her breasts went back to their normal size after the hospital trip. She was my favorite elf design up until the size reduction, even though it was for plot reasons. I wish there was a way to return the milkers to their former glory lol. Maybe an event where she asks if she can get implants (which would be better than the hormonal drugs health-wise)? Honestly I don't know for sure if it would be in-character for her to do that, maybe it could be justified by her saying she missed having them or something, and now she doesn't have to worry about being mistreated by a slave owner. I don't know, all I know is her design was perfect the way she was! :ROFLMAO:
I don't think helping her is full-on tied to Lin's route. I've never not helped her, so I don't know what the alternate side is to that. She's a side girl. I don't think helping or not helping her intrudes on Lin's story.

I'll let someone else answer that.

Reactions: TheDevian and Runey

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Runey didnt like her old design or personality - shes gone for good. What you see now is what your getting from here on out. Trust me he intends of die on that hill regarding the changes whether or not we all tell him she was perfect as she was or not.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018

You don't have to pay for her transition, but that is the only way to continue her story.

In fact, I plan to add more story and sexual options to Jin before the transition, so it's definitely intentional for you to make that decision for yourself :)

Runey didnt like her old design or personality - shes gone for good. What you see now is what your getting from here on out. Trust me he intends of die on that hill regarding the changes whether or not we all tell him she was perfect as she was or not.
Let it go dude, you've been pissy about this for about a year now, it's the only thing you come here to say. That, or throw some other shade. You don't have to keep playing this game, and you certainly don't need to stalk this thread for any mention of Jin. Please stop this, it's deranged and unhealthy.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
big sad... she'd be perfect to raise money :(
While I won't ever add prostitution as a mechanic to this game, old Jin is not gone for good. As I mentioned above, I would still like to add story content and sexual scenes to the old version of Jin, which will also help in filling in some gaps. Don't listen to Skode, he comes here to troll every time someone mentions old Jin or he remembers to be upset about her.

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes