blahblah12341234

Jun 13, 2020
Hey Runey, off the bat, I just want to say that I've been playing this for years and I've loved my time with it so much, so thanks!

That said, I'm having trouble with the bar upgrades. I've suspected it's been bugged for my save for a while, but with the new UI I now know for sure.
After having purchased the last bar seats upgrade, it seems all 8 of the upgrades related to sports day becomes locked out, freezing bar upgrades at 10/18. Reverting to a save before purchasing the last seat upgrade seems to work, but for me that's over a dozen hours back. I've skimmed a couple pages in various forums but couldn't find a solution, although I'm sure it's been answered before. Thanks in advanced to you, or anyone else that can help me out.

Also if there is no possible fix currently, would it be possible to have the option to reset the bar upgrades or some such to get it unstuck, if that helps? I don't know how the code logic works, but that's just an idea off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Here you go:

Basically it seems that it's not just paypal but the underlying money processor that cut them off. And every other platform uses that same processor.
Why did I read that again.... just makes me mad...

Reactions: Tavi13

Noid42

May 19, 2018
10 gigs is getting kinda crazy.
still, glad to have a new HH update, gonna start fresh since I've skipped the last 2 updates.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Why did I read that again.... just makes me mad...
When it comes to dead things and people I would advise you do as I did and adopt the 5 second rule. Morn for 5 seconds and after that harden your heart and move on. Completely shut your emotions for them out and end them so that in the end their existence and demise become just facts with no more emotional weight than the weather forecast. It will get you some pretty grim things if you can manage it.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Here you go:

Basically it seems that it's not just paypal but the underlying money processor that cut them off. And every other platform uses that same processor.
I know Patreon at least offers a way to pay directly to a bank account. But maybe Patreon banned them too?

Hey Runey, off the bat, I just want to say that I've been playing this for years and I've loved my time with it so much, so thanks!!

That said, I'm having trouble with the bar upgrades. I've suspected it's been bugged for my save for a while, but with the new UI I now know for sure.
After having purchased the last bar seats upgrade, it seems all 8 of the upgrades related to sports day becomes locked out, freezing bar upgrades at 10/18. Reverting to a save before purchasing the last seat upgrade seems to work, but for me that's over a dozen hours back. I've skimmed a couple pages in various forums but couldn't find a solution, although I'm sure it's been answered before. Thanks in advanced to you, or anyone else that can help me out.

Also if there is no possible fix currently, would it be possible to have the option to reset the bar upgrades or some such to get it unstuck, if that helps?? I don't know how the code logic works, but that's just an idea off the top of my head.
Hm, that is strange. I don't know exactly what your issue is, so I can't offer too much help. If you want, you can try asking someone on the HH community discord to take a look at your save. They may be able to find a solution.

still, glad to have a new HH update, gonna start fresh since I've skipped the last 2 updates.
It will only keep getting bigger, but I hope everyone understands that Harem Hotel is already very compressed, and just has that much content.

fekk you

Jun 8, 2017
well i was interested in trying this game out but damn the size of it! gonna have to wait for a compressed version.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
well i was interested in trying this game out but damn the size of it! gonna have to wait for a compressed version.
This is the compressed version. Without the current compression, the game would probably be around 90GB. Fitting in over 28k HD images will do that. But I can understand wanting to wait for an even further compressed version. It will have noticeably worse quality though.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: TheDevian

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
When it comes to dead things and people I would advise you do as I did and adopt the 5 second rule. Morn for 5 seconds and after that harden your heart and move on. Completely shut your emotions for them out and end them so that in the end their existence and demise become just facts with no more emotional weight than the weather forecast. It will get you some pretty grim things if you can manage it.
You are right of course... it still sucks though NOPY was one of if not the best file host we had....

Bruh... 10 GB is nothing... I use 500 GB every month... :KEK:

You still should start from the beginning though. The game had many improvements and and reworks.

May 20, 2020
I know Patreon at least offers a way to pay directly to a bank account. But maybe Patreon banned them too?
I think it's a situation like what mega went through where they were being charged with either directly or indirectly facilitating sharing of copyrighted materials... which is also one of the things Pirate Bay got in trouble for.

Runey, have you potentially thought of torrents for public releases?

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
You are right of course... it still sucks though NOPY was one of if not the best file host we had....
That I am. On the plus side always remember that the thing which brought you such sorrow was the death of a download site as opposed to say having to step over corpses to get to the grocery store. So there is always that to cheer you up.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I think it's a situation like what mega went through where they were being charged with either directly or indirectly facilitating sharing of copyrighted materials... which is also one of the things Pirate Bay got in trouble for.

Runey, have you potentially thought of torrents for public releases?
I've never considered it. I don't know how to do it, and I don't think I would be willing to keep that up as a service. But again, I don't know how it would even be done.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
This is the compressed version. Without the current compression, the game would probably be around 90GB. Fitting in over 28k HD images will do that. But I can understand wanting to wait for an even further compressed version. It will have noticeably worse quality though.
*cough, cough* Sorry humus in my throat...

I'd download that... :D

brody990

Jun 11, 2017
if we talking good places to host gofile is pretty nice, as far as i've seen it doesn't fuck around with max sizes and restricting download speeds at least downloading college kings it took me about 20 minutes to DL the 17 gig instead of the 13 hours other places where saying it'd take cos they throttle the life out of the speed.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
if we talking good places to host gofile is pretty nice, as far as i've seen it doesn't fuck around with max sizes and restricting download speeds at least downloading college kings it took me about 20 minutes to DL the 17 gig instead of the 13 hours other places where saying it'd take cos they throttle the life out of the speed.
pixeldrain is pretty nice as well

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Good point. Paging rpdl.
I'm sorry to disappoint, I have a torrent available but I can't post it here (yet) as it requires people to sign up with a username and password.

If you do have further questions on it please do check my thread down in GD rather than post here, I hate derailing threads - it should be focused on developer feedback.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
gofile and other mirrors are available on my patreon (not sure why they weren't posted on this thread).

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes