ios123

Oct 26, 2017
while this new update is pretty good, i find it doesn't quite fit the tone of Harem Hotel. I understand you (Runey) want us to be emotionally invested into the characters but you should only try this once or twice. Afterall, what made Harem Hotel so popular in the first place is because it's funny, lighthearted and sometimes even heart warming. This update is a little bit depressing and i hope this atmosphere will not remain for long.
PS: i heard you say someone gonna die at the end of theirs story??! Noooo! Just no! Lol

Reactions: Master of Puppets

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
some quick points to update y'all..Runey said wont be deaths now...the answer is E.. and Autumn's friendship maxes at 9 so far and there is no more content for her yet..just paste this on each page and ya wont hafta ask over and over..HAHAAA!!!

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I'm stuck at 9 friendship with Autumn or I missed the "that's all the content left until v.6" message
You're playing a leaked, unreleased, buggy build meant only for bug testers. You've found a bug.

Besides the frame rate of the animations, what I most noticed in my first hour of starting a new playthrough yesterday (other than events being weirdly chained) was some minor clipping issues on Lins first Blowjob. I think she needs to open her mouth a little bit wider or something.
Weirdly chained event? How do you mean?

Which blowjob was her first, to you?

And which animations specifically did you notice were in low frames? There's so many I forgot most of them.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
end of 0.5 save anyone? also is it me or some scenes are not replayable from the gallery?
Using a save from v0.4 may make the Gallery unusable, though I still don't know what exactly is causing this, I haven't been able to reproduce the error.

So, i downloaded the compressed version of the 0.5 but when i open the game all the images and animations looks they are in 240p. Do i have to do something to the version for the images/animations to be in a high resolution? SS below for an example.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I have the cheat mod installed but in another versions he didn't cause any troubles.
That's how compression works. It makes everything look like ass.

How can i follow the Events from Autumn? Everytime i can just go for a Coffee or watch TV, the Affinity is now at 22 and in the Info Tab is "Love" actual, but nothing triggerd
What's her friendship? Read the patch notes.

when is maria supposed to come at the hotel?
Once you take Ashley's virginity.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
HOLY CRAP Lin's update is insane and I haven't even seen all of her content yet. I'll write a more detailed review later but for now I'm here to report a bug and ask a question.

When I was going for Kali's Professional Cocksucker trait I never got the notification that I unlocked the trait but I did unlock it.

Also for Lin is there any other scenes for making her lust stat rise? I've only gone to 3.

edit: Is there a trait for thighjobs? Cause I reached 10/expert in thighjobs for Ashley and didn't get a notification.

For Emma when you ask her to give you a boob job on the beach the first two lines Emma says there is a black background then switches to the beach.
Fixed the emma thing!

while this new update is pretty good, i find it doesn't quite fit the tone of Harem Hotel. I understand you (Runey) want us to be emotionally invested into the characters but you should only try this once or twice. Afterall, what made Harem Hotel so popular in the first place is because it's funny, lighthearted and sometimes even heart warming. This update is a little bit depressing and i hope this atmosphere will not remain for long.
PS: i heard you say someone gonna die at the end of theirs story??! Noooo! Just no! Lol
Eghh...

I did not say someone was going to die. But people took it that way.

I asked what people would think about a main character dying at the end of their story because I had an idea.

I was just asking for feedback, that's it.

I believe you feel that way due to how the update was left off. Players look at the game through what was added in the latest update, I look at the game as what's going to be in the next update. I'm simply building a story, sad things happen, and they're all happening at the current end of every girl's story. If you were to wait until v0.12 and replay everything, it wouldn't all happen at once.

Reactions: ios123

ios123

Oct 26, 2017
Fixed the emma thing!

Eghh...

I asked what people would think about a main character dying at the end of their story because I had an idea.

I believe you feel that way due to how the update was left off. Players look at the game through what was added in the latest update, I look at the game as what's going to be in the next update. I'm simply building a story, sad things happen, and they're all happening at the current end of every girl's story. If you were to wait until v0.12 and replay everything, it wouldn't all happen at once.
Thanks for clearing things up :) ihope this game will have a happy harem ending :v cheers

Reactions: Runey

passerbyR34

just wanted to passing by, end up staying anyway
Donor
Oct 29, 2018
I find it odd why the update already got released only to realise that this is another leaked case :oops:
Better wait for the public release on the supposed date then, there's nothing to rush anyway

So, i downloaded the compressed version of the 0.5 but when i open the game all the images and animations looks they are in 240p. Do i have to do something to the version for the images/animations to be in a high resolution? SS below for an example.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I have the cheat mod installed but in another versions he didn't cause any troubles.
Compressed means reducing the size by reducing it's resolution for the purpose of saving spaces and easier download, mate
So u either need to ask the modder itself for not compressing too much or simply DLing the original

Reactions: The Humble Dude

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Yup, that is the reason I was talking about "context". If sex and love are connected, virginity matters (not super important tho, just matters), fidelity matters and other stuff like that. That just logical reasoning and holistic perspective.
I feel I've adequately demonstrated how that doesn't ring true. Fidelity hasn't mattered, virginity has been thrown aside like so much trash, and love has been used as a tool for willing corruption and domination. There has never been a focus on the importance of any of these things. As to logical reasoning, that's false. Monogamy is a learned behavior, not an intuitive one.

Yes, and I like that. I generally like corruption, domination and that sort of themes. What I don't like is idea that it's somehow moraly better than virtue and mongamy. Probably most people is able to empathise with how miserable life haremgirls would have irl.
Why would they be miserable? First of all, most of them are masochists in the first place, so even if they did feel a little emotional pain at having to share you, that might be working for them. But more importantly, have you so much as considered that not everyone even aspires to or agrees with monogamy? Many people, likely including Maria, in this game at least, don't view love as an eternal thing, but as a thing that can come and go and must be enjoyed and treasured while its there without trying to bind it down and force it. Those people aren't wrong, they don't have bad lives, they aren't miserable, they just don't agree with the standard of monogamy.

That doesn't make it wrong to want monogamy, though I will say its kinda wrong to discriminate based on virginity, but that's a completely different conversation.

As to how it's morally superior, you miss the point. What is morally superior is acceptance of others regardless of their personal activities. Currently Autumns attitude towards those who don't measure up to her religious standards are lesser, they need to be fixed, there's something wrong with the way they live, is what is morally inferior. She acts judgmentally and prejudiced against others who she doesn't understand. She doesn't get to know them first and then decide how to act, she just condemns. She condemns you for keeping a slave, not knowing about the interaction I had with Sylvia where I told Lin she could be free, and Lin chose to stay. She freaks out about Himiko(android) again, without thinking, and implies heavily that if I'd created her I would be a bad person. Her interaction with Maria, the first one, again, judgemental and rude, though Maria's reaction to that was not called for, no one said Maria was a perfect character.

Autumn has a flaw. She is prejudiced. She doesn't treat, with respect, those who she feels don't measure up to her virtuous standard. This is what is morally inferior. It isn't that she wants to save herself for love, it isn't that she has or believes in some higher power, it isn't that she isn't corrupt. She could be virtuous and holy without being prejudiced and rude, even if that rudeness comes from a lack of understanding, and that's what is being highlighted.

My thoughts on taking on the Elves from the contest.
They may or may not be correct but this is how I`m seeing it atm.

Jin: Seems to think her only use is as a sex object. Fixable: maybe, but long assed process.
Sylvia: High maintenance, too wrapped up in her own self importance: MIGHT be useful to teach Lin Elvish.
Suri: Has most potential, She`s just like Lin was when you took over the Hotel. Plenty of possibilities for growth & expansion.
Ann: Lots of possibilities also, especialy after the trust / love she had for her current owner took a knock at the end of the challenge. Good story potential.
The Drow: Another that`d be hard work, at least til the language issue could be sorted out.

Unrelated note.
Am I the only one who sees us trying to track down the orphan who was like a sister to Maria & reuniting them, maybe ever have her become Maria`s roomie ??
Sylvia is wrapped up in her own self importance, but also seemingly has some secrets. I suspect she was banished back home, or something, maybe she's run away from home, but the question you ask her during Lin's story points toward something to dig at to find more. I think it would probably be a good idea to free her, and offer her a room and a job at the hotel. Then to use that new relationship as a way to get in with her.

Then, you buy the drow and assign her to Sylvia, because Sylvia needs the humbling experience of teaching her to speak. Of course, Lin could get involved and learn elvish still if that's something we care about (maybe Lin would want to) but if it's just for the drow, then that's where I'd use Sylvia.

I like the idea of assigning Suri's training to Maria, though someone brought up a good point, and Maria's story is probably going to collide with that childhood friend/sister she had in the orphanage in a way that might make her Maria's side character, so that might not work.

Neko-Hime

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
Relationship 9 at Autumn.
Maria is in her Room, she doesnt like to come out after 20 Days now.
Is the Lin Story after the Contest over? (And can we Purchase maybe Slaves later? Like Sui *.*)

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Relationship 9 at Autumn.
Maria is in her Room, she doesnt like to come out after 20 Days now.
Is the Lin Story after the Contest over? (And can we Purchase maybe Slaves later? Like Sui *.*)
You beat Autumn's story

You beat Maria's story

You beat Lin's story

(All are for v0.5, they will be updated in v0.6, of course.)

I want to include the option to buy all the Elves, but there seems to be conflict in interest.

People Want Elf X to be included because she's their favorite. But people also don't want a character without story. I would love to Add all those Elves into the game somehow and include them in Lin's story, and possibly be in the dungeon for you to use. But I'm not sure how that would work, where would they live? They wouldn't be main characters, so no stats, and probably no room either. But like I said, I would like to get them in the game to aid Lin's story.

Neko-Hime

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
You beat Autumn's story

You beat Maria's story

You beat Lin's story

(All are for v0.5, they will be updated in v0.6, of course.)

I want to include the option to buy all the Elves, but there seems to be conflict in interest.

People Want Elf X to be included because she's their favorite. But people also don't want a character without story. I would love to Add all those Elves into the game somehow and include them in Lin's story, and possibly be in the dungeon for you to use. But I'm not sure how that would work, where would they live? They wouldn't be main characters, so no stats, and probably no room either. But like I said, I would like to get them in the game to aid Lin's story.
Maybe you can do that like Violet, or make a City Marker to go out or in a seperate Room.
(Hope we can sometimes go with Autumn to the Curch)

But for this, Ashley etc are same Story End at this Time?
Cant Talk with anyone, just raise Affinity, Ex etc.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Maybe you can do that like Violet, or make a City Marker to go out or in a seperate Room.
(Hope we can sometimes go with Autumn to the Curch)

But for this, Ashley etc are same Story End at this Time?
Cant Talk with anyone, just raise Affinity, Ex etc.
Check out the patch notes to read what's new.

You're playing a leaked, unreleased, buggy version of v0.5 that was only meant for bug testers. So it's not polished, and doesn't tell you when you're done with the update.

slapsy

Aug 12, 2017
Totally random idea, would love to see them buyable: an upgrade for the dungeon and having them as usable side characters. While it may not be fancy it feels like a nice middle ground. And there is already a ton of story, adding more story for each elf could simply feel dragging one of them out.

PS.: please don't kill anyone. kkthxbb

Sep 4, 2017
Runey

I am going to quickly say my opinion about character's death:

Well, I like all the girls and I don't really want any of the girls die (On the other hand, I am playing from the beginning, I still didn't met Autumn and I don't know what kind of girls will be in the next update. Maybe there will be girl that I will dislike. I don't know). And I am not going to lie, the possibility that the one who will die will be one of my favorite characters is making me nervous. I am the type of person who gets too quickly emotionally attached to his favorite characters in games, tv shows or book, and then takes it really hard when his favorite character dies (or when tv show gets canceled). But you are the developer of this game, so you can do what you want. Just one small thing: the cause of death.
Besides an incurable lethal disease, fatal injuries in an accident (such as a car accident), and common death from the old age at the end of the game, there are also two options that can happen, but I don't see reason for it: suicide and murder or accident caused by someone else.

About the first option: I don't want that option to be it. It doesn't feel right.

About the second option: I don't want that option to be it, but if it must be, I hope that it's not going to be caused by the main character or any of the other girls in the hotel. It should be somebody from outside of the hotel, preferably somebody that we didn't met, yet. And I also want option to avenge the murdered girl and to convince the other still living girls to help me with it. Nobody kills my girl and gets away with it. I want revenge.

Ilaem

Dec 27, 2017
Fixed the emma thing!

Eghh...

When Ashley is involved, I would not be so sure ;)
You could add some death flags :unsure:

4.70 star(s) 447 Votes