Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
As we're currently on page 173, I hope I don't offend anyone by asking a basic, probably-asked-before question.

I just want to know if there's a disadvantage to treating Lin like a ... slave.

In my games, where I get the chance, I like to take the opportunity to embrace my inner bastard.

The walkthroughs say (for example) I should say the burnt pizza Tastes Great! I want to say it's Badly Burnt, then spank her for the rest of the day. She's my slave, no?

Will I stunt future opportunities if I'm mean to her? Or can I take her and treat her as I want and still progress the plotlines?

My general questions could relate to all characters, but mainly to Lin as she is referred to as my slave.

Many thanks!

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
When Ashley is involved, I would not be so sure ;)
You could add some death flags :unsure:
In the first week or two, maybe, but nah, Ash is much more subdued now, and that's not even taking into account her melancholy release this time.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Runey

I am going to quickly say my opinion about character's death:

Well, I like all the girls and I don't really want any of the girls die (On the other hand, I am playing from the beginning, I still didn't met Autumn and I don't know what kind of girls will be in the next update. Maybe there will be girl that I will dislike. I don't know). And I am not going to lie, the possibility that the one who will die will be one of my favorite characters is making me nervous. I am the type of person who gets too quickly emotionally attached to his favorite characters in games, tv shows or book, and then takes it really hard when his favorite character dies (or when tv show gets canceled). But you are the developer of this game, so you can do what you want. Just one small thing: the cause of death.
Besides an incurable lethal disease, fatal injuries in an accident (such as a car accident), and common death from the old age at the end of the game, there are also two options that can happen, but I don't see reason for it: suicide and murder or accident caused by someone else.

About the first option: I don't want that option to be it. It doesn't feel right.

About the second option: I don't want that option to be it, but if it must be, I hope that it's not going to be caused by the main character or any of the other girls in the hotel. It should be somebody from outside of the hotel, preferably somebody that we didn't met, yet. And I also want option to avenge the murdered girl and to convince the other still living girls to help me with it. Nobody kills my girl and gets away with it. I want revenge.
I'd be down for a character death if you add in some mumbo jumbo resurrection route so we can have a zombie waifu. ;)

Thanks for your input, but lets please stop talking about this death thing. It's gotten way too out of hand and I've been misunderstood in asking my questions.

When Ashley is involved, I would not be so sure ;)
You could add some death flags :unsure:
Ashley isn't the type of girl to hurt anyone. She uses hollow threats to get her way because that's what always works for her, especially when she was growing up.

This isn't really explained in game though, so I don't blame you for believing Ashley would hurt someone.

As we're currently on page 173, I hope I don't offend anyone by asking a basic, probably-asked-before question.

In my games, where I get the chance, I like to take the opportunity to embrace my inner bastard.

The walkthroughs say (for example) I should say the burnt pizza Tastes Great! I want to say it's Badly Burnt, then spank her for the rest of the day. She's my slave, no?

Will I stunt future opportunities if I'm mean to her? Or can I take her and treat her as I want and still progress the plotlines?

My general questions could relate to all characters, but mainly to Lin as she is referred to as my slave.

Many thanks!
Feel free to punish her all you want. I don't want to spoil anything, though.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017

Many thanks!
I never lied to her about how good the food tasted, though I also never abused her. That said, slaves do have rights in this universe, she doesn't have to do certain things. So abusing too much will result in less obedience and therefore less willingness to do what you want later.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Thanks for the replies. Shame. I'd hoped it would be the parallel-plotlines like Our Fate where you have the Light Happy Happy Love story, but alongside it, you also have the Dark Dominant Obedience story, and you weren't punished for choosing either.

Also, The Manifest has the Submissive Wife route. Alison Fall of the Apple also has a "Gentle is your love story, and "Cold" is the corruption path, dominance/submission" route pair.

It's nice to have games where there's at least one character you can take your frustration out on without 'ruining the game'

Time to restart the game and unspank that bottom :(

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Thanks for the replies. Shame. I'd hoped it would be the parallel-plotlines like Our Fate where you have the Light Happy Happy Love story, but alongside it, you also have the Dark Dominant Obedience story, and you weren't punished for choosing either.

Also, The Manifest has the Submissive Wife route. Alison Fall of the Apple also has a "Gentle is your love story, and "Cold" is the corruption path, dominance/submission" route pairs.

It's nice to have games where there's at least one character you can take your frustration out on without 'ruining the game'

Time to restart the game and unspank that bottom :(
I mean, it doesn't mean you absolutely can't do that... Every day you can spank her for no reason, at least 4 times. But you do need to pay attention to stats. If you go so far that you lose obedience, then you need to pull back. Punishing her isn't necessarily bad, it just isn't necessarily always the best choice.

This game has a corruption plot, rather than what most games with corruption, and what you seem to be describing do, which is a conditioning plot. The difference is, corruption requires the consent of the corrupted. Conditioning is when you just hurt someone until they respond the way you want them to, you don't give them a choice. The major difference between the two is, the corrupt one will remain corrupted no matter what happens. But if the conditioned one escapes you or the situation, they'll be damaged, mentally and emotionally, but they won't be anyone's willing whore.

There's more, but you're just starting, so I won't spoil things. Suffice it to say, your sadism can still most definitely be sated by this game, it just might not be as extreme as you wanted.

Reactions: Runey

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
I mean, it doesn't mean you absolutely can't do that... Every day you can spank her for no reason, at least 4 times. But you do need to pay attention to stats. If you go so far that you lose obedience, then you need to pull back. Punishing her isn't necessarily bad, it just isn't necessarily always the best choice.

This game has a corruption plot, rather than what most games with corruption, and what you seem to be describing do, which is a conditioning plot. The difference is, corruption requires the consent of the corrupted. Conditioning is when you just hurt someone until they respond the way you want them to, you don't give them a choice. The major difference between the two is, the corrupt one will remain corrupted no matter what happens. But if the conditioned one escapes you or the situation, they'll be damaged, mentally and emotionally, but they won't be anyone's willing whore.

There's more, but you're just starting, so I won't spoil things. Suffice it to say, your sadism can still most definitely be sated by this game, it just might not be as extreme as you wanted.

Many, many thanks for your detailed reply. It was more than I could hope for with my naïve question.

OK, I shall power on, spanking until her Obedience goes down, and hope I find someone I can really go to town on (with their permission, of course!).

Kind regards, Zenith

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Weirdly chained event? How do you mean?

Which blowjob was her first, to you?

And which animations specifically did you notice were in low frames? There's so many I forgot most of them.
1. What I described earlier - I got the 'Lin made me a feast' event where she forgets a drink, followed immediately by the coffee spill, and I clicked through the game at a normal pace, so that backlog of un-happened events seems to have no reason.
The latter event also was the first blowjob, which occurred after the handjob on wednesday, so her wondering what it tastes like was a bit odd. If that was supposed to happen before the wednesday event, that might explain it.
That blowjob was also low in frames - not bad, but compared to the newer Kali animations, it was quite notable.
I'm not quite sure what I could have done differently, but the game felt quite empty at the start. I thought that Lin's transformation from sceptic to somewhat infatuated was a bit fast until I noticed I was 17 days in.
I might start again next year and try and found out what I did that might have been acyclical.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
1. What I described earlier - I got the 'Lin made me a feast' event where she forgets a drink, followed immediately by the coffee spill, and I clicked through the game at a normal pace, so that backlog of un-happened events seems to have no reason.
The latter event also was the first blowjob, which occurred after the handjob on wednesday, so her wondering what it tastes like was a bit odd. If that was supposed to happen before the wednesday event, that might explain it.
That blowjob was also low in frames - not bad, but compared to the newer Kali animations, it was quite notable.
I'm not quite sure what I could have done differently, but the game felt quite empty at the start. I thought that Lin's transformation from sceptic to somewhat infatuated was a bit fast until I noticed I was 17 days in.
I might start again next year and try and found out what I did that might have been acyclical.
Ah, yes.

So, each event for the most part only has two requirements. A minimum day, and an exact friendship level.

Lin's "Feast for a King" event happens on day >= 14 and friendship = 9

Lin's coffee event happens on day >= 16 and friendship = 10

But, it sounds like there were too many events for you to go through and some started to pile up. If you were to do "Feast for a King" on day 16, directly after that would enable the coffee event. It sounds like I should look through the balancing of events.

So, I'm a bit confused now. You mention that the game felt empty at the beginning, but events started piling up for you?

And yes, I think all or at least most of the animations will be remade, I usually remake a lot of the game in each update to catch everything up to the current quality.

01110011 01101011

Donor
Jan 10, 2018
i don't know if i nailed it but there is a hint in the game, or maybe is something else, ashley and maria CHANGE EYES COLOR DURING SEX, meaning that there is something huge in the future of the game or i'm overthinking.

I think, but i could be wrong that those 2 will have a "darker future" in the game

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
i don't know if i nailed it but there is a hint in the game, or maybe is something else, ashley and maria CHANGE EYES COLOR DURING SEX, meaning that there is something huge in the future of the game or i'm overthinking.

I think, but i could be wrong that those 2 will have a "darker future" in the game
Uh, what? In which event do they change eye colors? This is news to me, haha

Reactions: DarthSeduction

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Ah, yes.
So, I'm a bit confused now. You mention that the game felt empty at the beginning, but events started piling up for you?
That makes two of us.
I checked back, and it looks like on day 14, I got the 'Lin made Ashley a cake' event, and then didn't check back because of other events. I remember I didn't do anything on afternoons for roughly the first week, but I sure played like I normally would, just in a maybe somewhat unlucky combination.
I'll report back if I find anything.

Edit: Lin being excited at the prospect of going to the beach when she was there several times already is also odd.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018

Will I stunt future opportunities if I'm mean to her? Or can I take her and treat her as I want and still progress the plotlines
Hi, writer of the walkthrough here, while Runey is correct that you can be mean to her or anyone else and there isn't any consequences, I'd still recommend being nice unless you don't mind grinding a bit for points.

I'd say about 75% of scenes have an Affection/Obedience requirement (they are the same thing) so when you do things like tell Lin her food sucks or be mean and over-spank her, that means her obedience goes down. So you can do all the 'bad guy' options, but that just means you'll have to do some grinding to get those points back if you ever want to do the scenes for that character.

Most of the specific dialog choices for the events in the walkthrough are mentioned because they either give you affection for that character or the alternative choice reduces your affection, not because they impact the story.

Reactions: Runey and Zenithtb

01110011 01101011

Donor
Jan 10, 2018
event beach with maria hiding behind tree and rock, she is watching down eyes color dark violet or black, few images later eyes color PINK? and no i don't have any color disfunction, is it a light effect?, is it something different? don't know, maybe the dev know..................

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Hi, writer of the walkthrough here, while Runey is correct that you can be mean to her or anyone else and there isn't any consequences, I'd still recommend being nice unless you don't mind grinding a bit for points.

I'd say about 75% of scenes have an Affection/Obedience requirement (they are the same thing) so when you do things like tell Lin her food sucks or be mean and over-spank her, that means her obedience goes down. So you can do all the 'bad guy' options, but that just means you'll have to do some grinding to get those points back if you ever want to do the scenes for that character.

Most of the specific dialog choices for the events in the walkthrough are mentioned because they either give you affection for that character or the alternative choice reduces your affection, not because they impact the story.

Also many thank! Yeah, I just mostly wanted to be mean to Lin. It's sort of a R/L fantasy to have an honest-to-goodness slave, so when I'm presented with one in a game, well...

So I understand the limitations. I just wanted 'permission' to go all-out, and have the game respect that.

So yeah, it was your walkthrough I was referring to, and on that note, I added something to your mod's thread. Dunno if it's helpful or not, but it's there...

Respect!

Reactions: Maid Lain

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
event beach with maria hiding behind tree and rock, she is watching down eyes color dark violet or black, few images later eyes color PINK? and no i don't have any color disfuntion, is it a light effect?, is it something different? don't know, maybe the dev know..................
Maria's eyes have always been pink, and Ashley's are purple, on the bottom quarter.

I use eyes to show each character's soul, in a sense.

Maria's eyes are pink to show lust.

Ashley's eye color is hidden, and the color is pushed down as to hint towards her hiding something, or pushing something down and keeping it beneath the surface.

Edit: To explain further on the eye choices, because I take care in almost every part of a character's appearance to embody who they are as a person, here are more examples. (I'll leave any parts that spoil the future)

Kali's hair is unkempt, she doesn't wear contacts, and she wears lazy clothes. This is meant to show Kali hasn't really cared for herself because she thought love was lost. She used to be fat and sort expects everyone to still treat her as if she's fat. Her eye color is less specific.

Lin is fairly self explanatory, maid clothes, freckles because she's a low land elf, eye color and hair color as well.

Android's design is also somewhat self explanatory, she's an Android so her eyes are white, but she has a bug (that makes her sentient) shown off in her red eye.

Ashley's hair in styled in crazy pigtails, to embody her upfront personality. Her hair is naturally brown, but dyed blonde (another hint at hiding her true self)

Felicity has pink hair (dyed), pink because she tries to be very feminine, femininity being what she values highly for self worth. Her hair is naturally blonde like her sisters. Another hint at her hiding her self (She secretly wants to be looked after and cared for like a cat). Felicity also wears pink clothing and feminine clothing as well.

Emma's hair is styled in a pony tail. The tail part being important because her personality is taken after a dog. This is because she's loyal to the "Alpha" who has always been her sister. She also doesn't wear super feminine clothing. Half skirt, half coat. Embodying her identity struggle. She wants to follow Felicity's footsteps and be feminine, but she's also kind of lazy and into technology, much like Kali.

Autumn has been explained here in a couple posts before but I'll explain it again. Her appearance is meant to embody the contradiction of her and her identity of being religious. Her religion has done terrible things, but she and her family have high values, such as getting rid of slavery and sex only after marriage. She has an amazing body but tries to be conservative. She has orange hair and brown eyes to signify her "big sister" and "girl next door" vibe (which hasn't been explored too much yet)

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Maria's eyes have always been pink, and Ashley's are purple, on the bottom quarter.

I use eyes to show each character's soul, in a sense.

Maria's eyes are pink to show lust.

Ashley's eye color is hidden, and the color is pushed down as to hint towards her hiding something, or pushing something down and keeping it beneath the surface.
Pretty please may I have a character with Vantablack eyes, so I can crush them into dust and make them mine? :p

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
People Want Elf X to be included because she's their favorite. But people also don't want a character without story. I would love to Add all those Elves into the game somehow and include them in Lin's story, and possibly be in the dungeon for you to use. But I'm not sure how that would work, where would they live? They wouldn't be main characters, so no stats, and probably no room either. But like I said, I would like to get them in the game to aid Lin's story.
I can't speak for others, but when I voted in the poll, I may have been over-thinking the meaning of "No Story"; what I think would be a detriment is a character who doesn't really have a personality, and is just a pretty body for the player to fuck. You've since said a few things (such as this) that make me think you're thinking more along the lines of a character "having story" meaning being one of the main girls, with dozens of story events and full stats. Obviously there is space in between these extremes, like the character having a few to a half-dozen story events just showing her settling in and meeting the other girls, without any grand arc and huge personal revelation.
Lin's "Feast for a King" event happens on day >= 14 and friendship = 9

Lin's coffee event happens on day >= 16 and friendship = 10

But, it sounds like there were too many events for you to go through and some started to pile up. If you were to do "Feast for a King" on day 16, directly after that would enable the coffee event. It sounds like I should look through the balancing of events.
What I would suggest is either limiting it to one event triggering per day, or having each event unlock X days after the previous, rather than an absolute number. Or both. This would certainly be a good thing when the new versions drop, so we don't get everything at once due to having played longer than expected; for example if we unlock all the girls' traits, that takes far longer than just doing their story events. I strongly suspect that most people want to load their previous save rather than starting a new game every release.

EDIT: Oh, and if you're looking for animations to update, I'd suggest Lin's alarm clock. The player is going to be seeing that one a lot, and it currently has like three frames.

4.70 star(s) 447 Votes