Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I can't speak for others, but when I voted in the poll, I may have been over-thinking the meaning of "No Story"; what I think would be a detriment is a character who doesn't really have a personality, and is just a pretty body for the player to fuck. You've since said a few things (such as this) that make me think you're thinking more along the lines of a character "having story" meaning being one of the main girls, with dozens of story events and full stats. Obviously there is space in between these extremes, like the character having a few to a half-dozen story events just showing her settling in and meeting the other girls, without any grand arc and huge personal revelation.

What I would suggest is either limiting it to one event triggering per day, or having each event unlock X days after the previous, rather than an absolute number. Or both. This would certainly be a good thing when the new versions drop, so we don't get everything at once due to having played longer than expected; for example if we unlock all the girls' traits, that takes far longer than just doing their story events. I strongly suspect that most people want to load their previous save rather than starting a new game every release.

EDIT: Oh, and if you're looking for animations to update, I'd suggest Lin's alarm clock. The player is going to be seeing that one a lot, and it currently has like three frames.
I agree. I think the wording I used in the polls wasn't exactly what I was trying to say.

I do really want to do limits like 1 Lin event per day, and something like: wait x days then allow the player to find the event.

But, I don't know how to do it in any other way that would take up half an update's time.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
What I would suggest is either limiting it to one event triggering per day, or having each event unlock X days after the previous, rather than an absolute number. Or both. This would certainly be a good thing when the new versions drop, so we don't get everything at once due to having played longer than expected; for example if we unlock all the girls' traits, that takes far longer than just doing their story events.
There's 150 friendship events in the game and each is set to a specific day, so changing the day an event triggers for every event would take a very long time. A lot of events check for the day in multiple places in the code, like if you were to go to Kali's room it would check the day + event level, but if the event takes place in the spa then the spa would also check for the day + event level, so you would have to change the day in both places in the code.

So there's probably around 250 places in the code you'd need to change if you wanted to completely change the way day requirements work.

I do really want to do limits like 1 Lin event per day, and something like: wait x days then allow the player to find the event.

But, I don't know how to do it in any other way that would take up half an update's time.
Something like this code below would be cool, there's even more stuff you could do to make it dynamic/automated. But yeah it'd take a while to do. You could hire a programmer though. :whistle:

Python:
if ash_friendship == 10 and ashley.event_delay == 0:
    jump ashevent10

label ashevent10
    ash "Let's hang out tomorrow."
    $ ashley.event_delay = 1
    jump lobby

label ashevent11
    ash "Let's hang out next week."
    $ ashley.event_delay = 7
    jump lobby

label sleep:
    $ ashley.event_delay -= 1

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Would delays over 1 ever be necessary, though? Also, if using -= 1, is the lower limit 0?
Still, yes, a simple event timer could be set. Can also be added in a future update with initialization on a new day if it doesn't exist, or when checking for the next event.

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Script.rpy has all the codes for the game.
gimmeallyourmoney = $999,999
maxall =max all girls stats to the maximum of current build and I think forces them all to move in (unsure of that but they did for me)

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Script.rpy has all the codes for the game.
gimmeallyourmoney = $999,999
maxall =max all girls stats to the maximum of current build and I think forces them all to move in (unsure of that but they did for me)
While i would say that the money code is usefull, the rest isn't needed at all except you are not actually interested in playing the game.

PapaThunda

Jan 29, 2018
As long as the death isn't by the all mighty TRUCK SAMA!!!! He has claimed too many lives in my lifetime...... at least it will be a dreamscape event so i can have my happy ending w/o seeing one of my harem women die off. But aye if it is part of the story i won't complain... only complaint i have is Autumn right now but at least she isn't OVERLY annoying. She listens to the criticism but i am interested to see how her story goes. I like how each girl is unique in their own way and you can't really look at any and say they are the same chick. Keep it up :D

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Noticed what may be a bug:

If you
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
before you have outfits, and before your friendship is high enough to
you end in a situation where you can't do anything, nor can you exit the options, so you have to Rollback to before you asked to do

Just thought I'd mention this.

galarax

Jul 19, 2017
absolutely can not decide on a favorite. LEAST favorite is maria but everyone else is perfect in their own way. on the down side, i have maxed out all my characters and felicity still runs me off in the shower. am i doing something wrong or is that not implemented?

SentryAl

Aug 18, 2017
wow, Now I want Silvia to join hotel as a trainee, and to be trained to do more than other girls so she would forgot about her High Elf status

U

User_23654

Here is a compressed pc, mac and android version of v0.5.1! (Expect a difference in the quality!)

PC (419MB): - - -
Mac (426MB): - - -
Android (446MB): - - -

Towik

Nov 20, 2018
Who is "Violet" ?
When I started playing again (when 0.5 came out) i was at 85 days or so and I dont see any Violet anywhere. Pixel is the android... Emma is the receptionist but i honestly cannot recall any Violet

Its kinda weird that we have to download the whole game again, isn't the hotfix 0.51 like just few files?

edit:
not sure why I thought receptionist was Emma, when its one of the twins...

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
"Violet" may be what the player named his/her android..mine is named Valkyrie..because...reasons :p (well..she does come off as a drunk Bi Warrior alot :p )

4.70 star(s) 447 Votes