wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
I really love this game and have been following it since the early releases. That being said, i am a bit sad about the trajectory of the plot lately. The whole freeing the elves stuff does nothing for me. Have i missed some player choices to go in a different direction here, or is it just what it is?
same

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I really love this game and have been following it since the early releases. That being said, i am a bit sad about the trajectory of the plot lately. The whole freeing the elves stuff does nothing for me. Have i missed some player choices to go in a different direction here, or is it just what it is?
I don't understand what you mean when you say "freeing the elves stuff". Do you mean Nia's storyline? She doesn't free slaves, she gives them to better masters. Or are you talking about Lin's storyline? No elves have been freed there either. It's actually not very possible with how the systems work.

In any case, those are just 2 out of the 18 characters with storylines.

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
To think we have people asking for Autumn sex stuff while Sylvia keep staring at that damn TV doing nothing 24/7 :HideThePain:
At least we can see her sometimes in the kitchen in all her maid outfit glory...
Well...she does have one sex scene...just not with the MC.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I don't understand what you mean when you say "freeing the elves stuff". Do you mean Nia's storyline? She doesn't free slaves, she gives them to better masters. Or are you talking about Lin's storyline? No elves have been freed there either. It's actually not very possible with how the systems work.
A story does not need to actually successfully free elves to be about freeing the elves.
Especially if the story is not yet complete.

And all the storylines seem to converge into the elf liberation movement
You should try replaying your own game from the beginning. There is drastic tonal shift that occurred over the years of development, and towards the end all you seem to be doing with all the characters is pursuing Social Justice. Game also got a lot darker

It is even lampshaded by some of the characters explicitly pointing out how Lin did a 180 from her "go away and stop bothering me, I love being a slave to Master" to "must join the fight to end slavery"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So of the 8 main girls, 5 got their story taken over by elf liberation

Milkman69

Nov 2, 2017
Personally I don't mind the elf liberation and social justice stuff. But yeah you can't deny that it's the dominant narrative for most of the girl's story lines in one way or another. But hey the premise of elves being slaves and society being built upon that slave labor is pretty hard to escape. When slavery is a ubiquitous part of everyday life then slavery is gonna end up being a ubiquitous part of stories told within the setting.

The only reason why Felicity and Emma haven't gotten wrapped into the elf liberation narrative is that currently they lack any wealth, influence, or drive to make a meaningful difference. The last bit will likely change if they continue getting close to Lin and grow to appreciate her as a person.

But yeah with Lin being part of the harem and all the harem girls interacting with each other and developing relationships amongst themselves. Then one girls struggles eventually become the entire harem's struggles. So yeah the elf slavery thing is a big deal that becomes relevant to the entire harem give that Lin is a core member.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
A story does not need to actually successfully free elves to be about freeing the elves.
Especially if the story is not yet complete.

You should try replaying your own game from the beginning. There is drastic tonal shift that occurred over the years of development, and towards the end all you seem to be doing with all the characters is pursuing Social Justice. Game also got a lot darker

It is even lampshaded by some of the characters explicitly pointing out how Lin did a 180 from her "go away and stop bothering me, I love being a slave to Master" to "must join the fight to end slavery"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So of the 8 main girls, 5 got their story taken over by elf liberation
You aren't being so subtle about your political biases, are you?

Harem Hotel isn't a power tripping fantasy fuckathon game, it has a more serious story. Each character has their own theme, and many of them do involve elves. If being nice to them and wanting they have a better life is SJW elf liberation shit to you, well I didn't make this game for you.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Runey, you know you've written pure gold when the userbase starts talking about the lore/story with the same fervor as Star Wars, Star Trek, Game of Thrones or Marvel fans, digging into deeper meanings about every little thing, discussing this or that's character's dialogue/actions in xyz context...

Good Job! ever thought about professional writing?

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Runey, you know you've written pure gold when the userbase starts talking about the lore/story with the same fervor as Star Wars, Star Trek, Game of Thrones or Marvel fans, digging into deeper meanings about every little thing, discussing this or that's character's dialogue/actions in xyz context...

Good Job! ever thought about professional writing?
Thanks :) Yeah, I'd like to write more professionally in the future.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019

Harem Hotel isn't a power tripping fantasy fuckathon game, it has a more serious story. Each character has their own theme, and many of them do involve elves. If being nice to them and wanting they have a better life is SJW elf liberation shit to you, well I didn't make this game for you.
I feel for you on this one.
I spend time replying to comments on civil war you tube videos, and I hear that social justice warrior crap all of the time from people who try to claim that the blacks were better off as slaves.

That and "woke", If woke means opening my mind up to new ideas, and learning the truth through researching all of the facts, then I am guilty as charged.
A closed mind is a terrible thing, and it ultimately leads to complete stupidity.

Last edited:

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021

First you claim it does not exist, then when explicit examples are given of it existing you switch gears into personal attack.
A pattern I have seen you repeatedly do over the past few days with multiple people.
If being nice to them and wanting they have a better life is SJW elf liberation shit to you
1. you are mixing up different posters. I am the one who replied to you when you feigned utter and total ignorance about the existence of elf liberation in your game.
Not the initial posters who told you they are tired of it. I actually never specified that I am tired of it, just that there was a tonal shift.

2. You are literally the only one who said "SJW elf liberation shit".
That being said, i am a bit sad about the trajectory of the plot lately. The whole freeing the elves stuff does nothing for me.
neither of us said "elf liberation shit", you did. This is called a strawman
You are blatantly lying about what my post said to paint me into some sort of "enemy".
While combining multiple logical fallacies of strawman, ad hominem, appeal to absurdity, virtue signaling, appeal to ridicule, no true scotsman, and probably several more. I am genuinely impressed at just how many logical fallacies you can cram together in a singular post.

Why are you so thin skinned about it?
What compels you to pick fights with multiple different posters every day and try to twist their words into some sort of villainy?
What compels you to try and hide the contents of your creation?

Jjay08

Nov 16, 2019
First you claim it does not exist, then when explicit examples are given of it existing you switch gears into personal attack.
A pattern I have seen you repeatedly do over the past few days with multiple people.

1. you are mixing up different posters. I am the one who replied to you when you feigned utter and total ignorance about the existence of elf liberation in your game.
Not the initial posters who told you they are tired of it. I actually never specified that I am tired of it, just that there was a tonal shift.

2. You are literally the only one who said "SJW elf liberation shit".

neither of us said "elf liberation shit", you did. This is called a strawman
You are blatantly lying about what my post said to paint me into some sort of "enemy".
While combining multiple logical fallacies of strawman, ad hominem, appeal to absurdity, virtue signaling, appeal to ridicule, no true scotsman, and probably several more. I am genuinely impressed at just how many logical fallacies you can cram together in a singular post.

Why are you so thin skinned about it?
What compels you to pick fights with multiple different posters every day and try to twist their words into some sort of villainy?
What compels you to try and hide the contents of your creation?
can we not...

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes