Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
well i need the latest mod tho, the compatible one
Lord Ashram the new modder after Lain went MIA was recovered in hospital some time ago, and we don't have any news about him ( aside hoping he's recovering), so for now there's no way that the mod will be updated, so gotta be patient.

Reactions: TheDevian

Ratoblade

Jun 6, 2020
First time posting in this thread so I'd like to thank Runey for creating this awesome game and say I was really impressed with the writing on some parts, especially Ashley's backstory, what at first seemed like a token yandere character developed into a character I really started to feel and empathize for when we start learning more about her.

Now, I know the new update recommends starting a fresh save since some events have changed and I gotta ask, and I know this might seem unfair to ask a game still in development, but will there be more of these "start a new save" in the future? Cause I don't really feel like starting all over every time a new update drops =/.

If I import my saves to a fresh install of a new update can I at least use the "Skip already seen text" function other games use? (btw how does this work in this game, in the options menu under skip you just see unseen text, do I need to select (put the arrows next to it) or deselect (no arrows) so that the game doesn't skip text I haven't read before).

Sorry for all the questions and since were almost there I wish everyone a Happy New year.

KonfinedKnat

Apr 1, 2022
First time posting in this thread so I'd like to thank Runey for creating this awesome game and say I was really impressed with the writing on some parts, especially Ashley's backstory, what at first seemed like a token yandere character developed into a character I really started to feel and empathize for when we start learning more about her.

Now, I know the new update recommends starting a fresh save since some events have changed and I gotta ask, and I know this might seem unfair to ask a game still in development, but will there be more of these "start a new save" in the future? Cause I don't really feel like starting all over every time a new update drops =/.

If I import my saves to a fresh install of a new update can I at least use the "Skip already seen text" function other games use? (btw how does this work in this game, in the options menu under skip you just see unseen text, do I need to select (put the arrows next to it) or deselect (no arrows) so that the game doesn't skip text I haven't read before).

Sorry for all the questions and since were almost there I wish everyone a Happy New year.
You shouldn't have any problems simply continuing on with the story if you load in a previous save of the game. The main reason why Runey has been recommending starting a new game with quite a few of the recent updates is because he's gone back to some of the early content and upgraded many of the scenes with either better graphics/animations or to help smooth out some early story inconsistencies that have cropped up due to new content sometimes not meshing/flowing right for new players and those that have restarted a few times. My hunch is that Runey will likely keep remaking older scenes or adding other early-game stuff with each future update until it's completed (which could still be a ways off).

Vignari

Mar 24, 2020

It seems like Runey wants to rework pretty much all of the old content to fit more with his new standard for HH, so there will likely be more updates like this latest one where starting a new game is encouraged since there's still quite a bit of outdated content. That's just the way it'll be with playing an unfinished game. Though I imagine he will try to keep it so that it's never actually required to start a new game if you don't want to. It'd have to be a major change to warrant that, and thus far the game is mostly linear as far as story goes, so I don't imagine that'll happen. At least, not often, anyway.

As for the thing about skipping, if you use the skip function (either by holding CTRL or toggling with Tab) the game will skip past text you've already seen, but stop skipping if you hit a line you haven't seen before. If you put an arrow next to the "Unseen Text" option in the settings then the game will just skip past all dialogue, regardless if you've seen it or not. Now, when I played this most recent update, I found that only a handful of dialogue was skipped though and it was treating about 80% of the game as if I've never viewed it before even though I have in previous updates, but there seems to be a bit of a problem with my current download of the game anyway (I get errors on start up), so that might just be a me problem. I should just do a fresh install, probably.

By the way, assuming you're playing HH on the same device you played it on originally, you shouldn't have to manually import save files. Save files should be stored in appdata instead of the game's files so they should carry over. At least, that's how every Ren'py game I've ever played has worked for me.

Reactions: Runey

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Ahhh snap. That does make sense though, you make a ton of scenes. Guess I'll start over for next update and save it all.
Not my game, Runey is the dev of this game, not me. ;)
well i need the latest mod tho, the compatible one

Top 5 best characters.
(Terms of Greatness and How Impactful they are)
1. Hotel
2. Computer
3. A11Y
4. Car
5. Bat
The Bat certainly had the most impact on me, at least my head.
It seems like Runey wants to rework pretty much all of the old content to fit more with his new standard for HH...
That's the plan, yeah.

Morning5tar23

Jul 14, 2020
I denied Kali's anal sex so I can't continue anal sex with her to continue Lucia's events, is there a way or codes that help me change Kali's anal sex from no to yes :d?
You could try looking up this program called RenPy Save Editor, it allows you to edit the variables of your game.

Oldtoothlessbasterd

Jan 7, 2019
Editing saves is not advisable, It has a very high risk of breaking them.
if you break a save it might not even be noticeable at first... Until it is.
best option is to use codes if available or go back to an earlier save.
If you are lucky you could ask if anyone has a save from the point you are at.
(I'm not lucky, but I do have a short memory so I don't mind starting a new game every few months)
"Um Wait what was I saying?, WHO AM I?"

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
View attachment 2277806
Having been (accidentally) hit by an actual bat, that scene made me feel things.
Same, one of my friends almost lost an eye over a similar situation, though there was nothing accidental about it. And I have been hit in the head far too many times in my life, and thanks to some other issues, I live with what can only be described as a permanent concussion. My ears are constantly ringing, and every time I move my head, yawn, stretch, sneeze, whatever, it's like I just got punched in the head.

That kind of trauma is no joke.

DashFlash

Jan 18, 2020
Same, one of my friends almost lost an eye over a similar situation, though there was nothing accidental about it. And I have been hit in the head far too many times in my life, and thanks to some other issues, I live with what can only be described as a permanent concussion. My ears are constantly ringing, and every time I move my head, yawn, stretch, sneeze, whatever, it's like I just got punched in the head.

That kind of trauma is no joke.
Getting hit by a car gave me scoliosis and permenant damage to my tail bone. I can't even stand or sit for more 30 minutes without my back and legs getting numb.

Redeye

Jul 19, 2017
Does somebody have the v.0.15.1 version of the WT/CheatMod from Lord Ashram? Would appreciate a DM or a reply on this thread to help also some other people with the file.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Does somebody have the v.0.15.1 version of the WT/CheatMod from Lord Ashram? Would appreciate a DM or a reply on this thread to help also some other people with the file.
It won't work with version 0.16.
You will break your game.

4.70 star(s) 449 Votes