GSlayer1

Sep 7, 2019
I think I had a little bug, I'm asking here to find out.

I was in the event when we go with Kali and her sister to the beach and we have the chance to have sex on the beach if Kali's submission and exhibitinism are high enough, so I load a file that I made right before that event and trained Kali in those things, once I did everything with her in the cafe and in the dungeon, I saved and then I tried to do the same beach event but the *Talk* option wasn't there anymore, I spent one more in-game day doing thins with the other girls and the *Talk* still wasn't there.

Did I messed up something?

Update: Not sure what I did (or what I didn't do) but the event suddenly appeared again, maybe it was the day of the week or something.
i have kali at level 10 submission didnt get the scene. trying 10 exhibition now

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
20230102030819532.png
Dev Diary #2

Hello everyone! Thanks for all of the comments in Dev Diary #1. I hope you enjoyed the holiday season. I'm beginning to get back into planning and development for v0.17 so I have some more to share with you all.

The below four concepts are all tied together in many ways.

Interactive Mobile Phone:
Here are more of my plans for this concept:
  • The pause menu could be replaced with a mobile phone. Each option in the pause menu can be an app.
  • You can now be informed when some events are ready through text, such as Kate asking you to go somewhere, and you can decide to start the event now or later.
  • The phone can be used in immersive ways and wouldn't simply be a different way to chat.
  • Interactive phones can also play a role in the story. Adds opportunities for facetiming, nudes, and cams on-the-go.

And more, but I don't want to bore everyone with details that aren't set in stone yet.

Objectives:
Objectives are sort of like quests except you only have one at a time and it is meant to guide you so you never get lost or confused, and encourage the player to advance all main characters.

An example of Objective #1 would be:
[X] Lin's level to 5
[X] Gain $100
[X] Fully Explore the hotel
[X] Travel to Caliber City
An example of Objective #2 would be:
[X] Get Kali's level to 10
[X] Gain $500
[X] Visit The Slums
Other examples of Objects could be:
[X] Build the Bar
[X] Build the Sanctuary
[X] Build the Second Floor
[X] Complete a Holiday Event
[X] Complete a Birthday Event

But Harem Hotel is fairly easy as it is, guiding you through the game isn't the main reason I want to include this. This ties into the next two concepts on my list...

Weekly Events:
  • Every week, once all objectives for the prior week have been checked off, a "Weekly Event" can occur.
  • For the first four weeks, each event will focus on one of the first four main characters.
  • Each weekly event will involve thoughts on the events each main character has just experienced, and will be an opportunity to share their experiences and bond with the other main characters.
  • This dialogue can be highly variable to include things you did or did not do.
  • For the fifth week onward, group weekly events will occur. This can involve things like group vacations, group events, group dates, group sex, etc. Story outside of the main story, low stakes.
  • A new room could be built in the hotel, a Lounge Room, where many of these events would start, and be a good place to host games and orgies. This would also necessitate a new non-residential floor.

The Calendar:
I think this mechanic has a lot of potential to be very fun and I've been spending last week thinking on this more.
The Calendar system is planned to be 7 days a week, 28 days per month 336 days per year. This keeps things simple mechanically.
  • Weekly Events would be available on the calendar. The goal would be to start these events every Saturday or something, but in case you miss that deadline, you won't have to wait until next Saturday.
  • Holidays have a lot of potential for fun I think. My goal is to have at least one holiday per month, twelve per year at the minimum. This goal doesn't include holidays like Midlari or the High Elf moon holiday, but they are holidays.
  • Birthdays would also be visible on the Calendar app. Birthday events could be fun events where there is a strong romantic element including some impactful choices. Such as needing to know a main character to give them a present they would like. Do everything right and maybe you could get a unique sex scene!
  • A calendar could provide other useful information such as which characters are currently busy, and why, all in one app.

Let me know what you think about these linked concepts.
To be clear this isn't a goal for v0.17, these are just thoughts I'm writing in a public diary. The Development Announcement post will state my plans for for v0.17 and mark the beginning of development.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Everything sounds awesome!

Particularly, I'm all in for the lounge room :)

Maybe it could also be staffed by elves recruited from the slums (like the eyepatch elf or hamburger shop elf) so we also get new minor characters without cluttering the sancturary, or use it as a way to gain extra money by renting in out when MC is not using it?

Reactions: pgm_01

Aereon1104

May 12, 2019
View attachment 2282055
Dev Diary #2

Hello everyone! Thanks for all of the comments in Dev Diary #1. I hope you enjoyed the holiday season. I'm beginning to get back into planning and development for v0.17 so I have some more to share with you all.

• The pause menu could be replaced with a mobile phone. Each option in the pause menu can be an app.
  • You can now be informed when some events are ready through text, such as Kate asking you to go somewhere, and you can decide to start the event now or later.
  • The phone can be used in immersive ways and wouldn't simply be a different way to chat.
  • Interactive phones can also play a role in the story. Adds opportunities for facetiming, nudes, and cams on-the-go.

And more, but I don't want to bore everyone with details that aren't set in stone yet.

Objectives:
Objectives are sort of like quests except you only have one at a time and it is meant to guide you so you never get lost or confused, and encourage the player to advance all main characters.

[X] Lin's level to 5
[X] Gain $100
[X] Gain $500
[X] Visit The Slums
[X] Build the Bar
[X] Build the Sanctuary

But Harem Hotel is fairly easy as it is, guiding you through the game isn't the main reason I want to include this. This ties into the next two concepts on my list...

Weekly Events:
  • Every week, once all objectives for the prior week have been checked off, a "Weekly Event" can occur.
  • For the first four weeks, each event will focus on one of the first four main characters.
  • Each weekly event will involve thoughts on the events each main character has just experienced, and will be an opportunity to share their experiences and bond with the other main characters.
  • For the fifth week onward, group weekly events will occur. This can involve things like group vacations, group events, group dates, group sex, etc. Story outside of the main story, low stakes.
  • A new room could be built in the hotel, a Lounge Room, where many of these events would start, and be a good place to host games and orgies. This would also necessitate a new non-residential floor.

The Calendar:
I think this mechanic has a lot of potential to be very fun and I've been spending last week thinking on this more.
The Calendar system is planned to be 7 days a week, 28 days per month 336 days per year. This keeps things simple mechanically.
  • Weekly Events would be available on the calendar. The goal would be to start these events every Saturday or something, but in case you miss that deadline, you won't have to wait until next Saturday.
  • Holidays have a lot of potential for fun I think. My goal is to have at least one holiday per month, twelve per year at the minimum. This goal doesn't include holidays like Midlari or the High Elf moon holiday, but they are holidays.
  • Birthdays would also be visible on the Calendar app. Birthday events could be fun events where there is a strong romantic element including some impactful choices. Such as needing to know a main character to give them a present they would like. Do everything right and maybe you could get a unique sex scene!
  • A calendar could provide other useful information such as which characters are currently busy, and why, all in one app.

To be clear this isn't a goal for v0.17, these are just thoughts I'm writing in a public diary. The Development Announcement post will state my plans for for v0.17 and mark the beginning of development.
Discard the mobile phone please, it is a sidestep that can contribute little in terms of content for the players
Discard the calendar/weekly events, it will consume excessive resources from you but will add very little content to the players to do

Reactions: notBatman747

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Discard the mobile phone please, it is a sidestep that can contribute little in terms of content for the players
Discard the calendar/weekly events, it will consume excessive resources from you but will add very little content to the players to do
No it won't. I'm not sure how many weekly events there will be, but I'm not going to do anything that spreads myself thin.

Crimsonlights

Mar 19, 2020
No offence, but I think Runey knows their game and their abilities & limitations better than you do. Don't "tell" them to do things.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
Using the phone instead of generic UI keeps things grounded in the universe's environment. Even ignoring the UI of a phone, the system itself will allow users to know what events are ready and at what stage of things they are at. A common complaint Runey gets is that they "don't know what to do" and use a walk through mod to tell them. Assuming I'm reading the description properly this is another option to help guide folks who need it.

Events gives life to the hotel that is currently dead in the late game. The girls literally do nothing, despite there being resources for them to do (watch TV, cook / clean on their own / hot spa / laundry / etc). Most of the girls "life" is outside of the hotel - none of which can really be interacted with beyond small dialogue. This adds "something" to the life of the hotel itself and it's denizens in a similar fashion that they use the shower/utility room in the mornings. While I'd prefer seeing some of the existing locations get some love with these events (laundry room / living room / hot springs / dungeon (if their submissions collectively are high enough)) and not just a new location.

I honestly don't see how it deters from the game at all. It's adding more content that isn't just story focused and more to the sandbox while helping new players.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Using the phone instead of generic UI keeps things grounded in the universe's environment. Even ignoring the UI of a phone, the system itself will allow users to know what events are ready and at what stage of things they are at. A common complaint Runey gets is that they "don't know what to do" and use a walk through mod to tell them. Assuming I'm reading the description properly this is another option to help guide folks who need it.

Events gives life to the hotel that is currently dead in the late game. The girls literally do nothing, despite there being resources for them to do (watch TV, cook / clean on their own / hot spa / laundry / etc). Most of the girls "life" is outside of the hotel - none of which can really be interacted with beyond small dialogue. This adds "something" to the life of the hotel itself and it's denizens in a similar fashion that they use the shower/utility room in the mornings. While I'd prefer seeing some of the existing locations get some love with these events (laundry room / living room / hot springs / dungeon (if their submissions collectively are high enough)) and not just a new location.

I honestly don't see how it deters from the game at all. It's adding more content that isn't just story focused and more to the sandbox while helping new players.
I'm glad you understand what I'm going for! And of course weekly events would take place in many locations. The Lounge would just be a place designed for this type of content. I could use the lobby dining table, but I think it would be best if I design an area specifically for a lot characters to hang out together. Maybe include some arcade games, a big bed, a long sofa, and a dining table. Maybe some mood lighting, music, whatever.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
I'm glad you understand what I'm going for! And of course weekly events would take place in many locations. The Lounge would just be a place designed for this type of content. I could use the lobby dining table, but I think it would be best if I design an area specifically for a lot characters to hang out together. Maybe include some arcade games, a big bed, a long sofa, and a dining table. Maybe some mood lighting, music, whatever.
My suggestions would vary depending on the number of events you wish to add. Example: an event in the laundry room with the twins/Ashley doing laundry that leads to something sexy - only involves the 3 of them. Larger rooms, more involved. I imagine it can get crazy complicated if you end up trying to make a ton of variations.

I'm glad I didn't misinterpret your intent. I'm really curious and looking forward to seeing what kind of events you have already planned out.

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
I think it's less that we like your version better, per se (after all, we haven't seen lain's new improvements/additions yet), than that we trust you not to disappear without notice, leave us wondering if you're even alive, and make us beg someone to pick up the torch you dropped or else have to start our games over.
Well that aged like milk. Here's hoping Ashram's recovering from whatever put him in the hospital and just hasn't been able to fill us in for whatever reason, and not... well I won't say it, it's too awful. :(

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
View attachment 2282055
Dev Diary #2

Objectives:

[X] Lin's level to 5
[X] Gain $100
[X] Gain $500
[X] Visit The Slums
[X] Build the Bar
[X] Build the Sanctuary

Weekly Events:

The Calendar:

First off, in response to the image. ...:love::love::love::love:!

The down side of the phone idea, is that it will reduce the potential size of the screen, down to the phone itself, which might not be too bad if you turn it sideways, now that I think about it. Most people tend to do it vertically, and that frankly, sucks. Too much wasted screen space, everything has to be smaller, etc... We just got that new, big screen for the info tab, I would hate to see it get smaller.

I like the idea of the calendar, I saw you guys talking about the names for the days of the weeks, it seems wrong to assume they have the same 365.25 day a year calendar that we do. Strange enough to have a 7 day a week one. Just about anything that gives us more lore, gets a (y) from me.

I love the B-days and holidays idea as well, there is so much potential for lore there, I am practically 'squeeing'. Here is a potential idea, The MC could have a b-day too, and having the player pick the day would only be a bit harder to work in, I would think, there could be a few versions, (maybe each girl gets a personal one, depending on how close they are, and then once everyone gets to a certain point, they can do a group thing. I mean a party, you pervs. lol

Let me know if you want to make a custom phone design, NERO logo, that kind of thing.
Well that aged like milk. Here's hoping Ashram's recovering from whatever put him in the hospital and just hasn't been able to fill us in for whatever reason, and not... well I won't say it, it's too awful. :(
To be fair, he did give us notice, at least to the best of his ability.

Here's hoping he recovers quickly.

YuraMia

Jan 3, 2023
I made a new update of the portuguese translation to version 0.16

-------------------------------------------------- ------------
fiz uma nova atualização da tradução por portugues pra versão 0.16

1650066015824.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

Tradução com muita revisão para a versão V.0.16 .

PS: O Jogo Foi traduzido Junto com o Mod Walkthrough , pode jogar com ou sem o mod

HaremHotel [0.16] MEGA
alguem poderia mi explica como instalar a traducao?

Vignari

Mar 24, 2020
View attachment 2282055
Dev Diary #2

Objectives:

[X] Lin's level to 5
[X] Gain $100
[X] Gain $500
[X] Visit The Slums
[X] Build the Bar
[X] Build the Sanctuary

Weekly Events:

The Calendar:

Using the phone as the UI is... well, I want to say overdone, but that doesn't necessarily mean I think it's a bad thing. I like interactive interfaces that fit with the style of the game as opposed to generic game menus and a smart phone for modern settings is just an easy go-to. I also do like the idea of being notified for events via text. That could leave it so you always know who/what's available just by checking the menu without having to go look individually at each door or whatnot, so it's just a nice little quality of life thing, and then it'd be nice too to postpone some events for later instead of them just auto-triggering when available (I'm looking at you, Kate. Ruining my story flow like that). That way if you want them to trigger later, you just trigger them through your phone, kind of like the mission replay thing from GTA IV is what I'm imagining.

I imagine the idea with the objectives list is to help maintain a sort of story flow for all characters so there isn't some kind of disconnect (like blazing through Kali's story only to hit a wall and have to wait to construct the 2nd floor and then go through Android's story, for example), and I do love the idea of the weekly events thing... Only problem I can see is that it sounds like a lot of work to pile on, but if you think you can pull it off, I certainly won't complain.

The idea of a third floor for a lounge is great. That gives plenty of room to add even more to the hotel as well for more fun scenes, activities, and perhaps also resources for our totally legal and non-revolutionary plans.

The calendar and holiday thing also sounds like a cool idea. I'd love to see some cute holiday scenes with all the girls, and some nice birthday events too. I imagine if you go through with this you'd probably have to change the event for Ashley that focuses on her birthday though since it would have to line up with the new calendar. I do also like The Devian's idea about a birthday event for the MC too.

Reactions: Runey and TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I imagine the idea with the objectives list is to help maintain a sort of story flow for all characters so there isn't some kind of disconnect (like blazing through Kali's story only to hit a wall and have to wait to construct the 2nd floor and then go through Android's story, for example), and I do love the idea of the weekly events thing... Only problem I can see is that it sounds like a lot of work to pile on, but if you think you can pull it off, I certainly won't complain.
I just hope it doesn't end up like the Sunday event on Mythic Manor, where you have a day dedicated to this event, only to have a small number of events, and have to just skip the day every week, when there is nothing to do (which is most of the time).

Fau Strife

Dec 16, 2022
Excuse my lack of knowledge, but could someone tell me if some scenes were removed, I played a version of this game before where Ashley gave a blowjob in front of her mother and there were scenes of Felicity and Emma in high school, but when playing this version 16.2 I didn't get these cutscenes, I did something wrong or they are no longer in the game, sorry for my bad english

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Excuse my lack of knowledge, but could someone tell me if some scenes were removed, I played a version of this game before where Ashley gave a blowjob in front of her mother and there were scenes of Felicity and Emma in high school, but when playing this version 16.2 I didn't get these cutscenes, I did something wrong or they are no longer in the game, sorry for my bad english
I know some have been changed and/or reworked, though the girls go to college, not high school. ;)

That said, I just checked the gallery, and Ashley's Bj scene is still there.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.70 star(s) 449 Votes