DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
This is a bad argument. If what you are saying is true, the in-game character wouldn't have made a big deal of doing it discreetly and quickly before the rest of the class got in.
Suspending your disbelief is true to a point but it doesn't apply universally to everything in a story. At least, not if you want your story to be enjoyed or read by an audience.
How much each person suspends their disbelief varies, but your job as a story teller is to make the viewer suspend his disbelief through the characters, environment, world, and story you create; it is not your job to demand it and then admonish your readers for reading your story wrong because they don't accept the nonsense you've come up with.
Let me explain it this way.
He knew everyone in the room.
The girl in the back is a voyeur.
The one giving the foot job likes to be an exhibitionist.
Ashley is a slut that would do far more than a foot job, and so would the twins.
Exhibitionism is a stat in the game, so it would be a pointless stat, if it was not present in the game.
Exhibitionism and voyeurism is something that everyone in that room at that time enjoy.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
If you don't like it, then why are you here? You don't like how the story is being told, we get it, there's no reason for you to be here arguing your point in that case.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
If you don't like it, then why are you here? You don't like how the story is being told, we get it, there's no reason for you to be here arguing your point in that case.
Yeah, if it bothers you so much, when no one else that I have ever seen as a regular here has voiced one single complaint about it.
In fact, there have been far more people complaining about the fact that there are so many background stories in the game that tell us about the characters and their past, that do not include sex.

You are saying that the characters stories are shallow, when far more people have complained about the fact that the dev has spent so much time on character development.

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
He liked it enough to play all the current content, which is a considerable amount. Besides, these threads don't have to be an echo chamber of unconditional praise, criticism can be good too. If the person in question can do it without acting like an uneducated baboon, then I don't see much of a problem.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
He liked it enough to play all the current content, which is a considerable amount. Besides, these threads don't have to be an echo chamber of unconditional praise, criticism can be good too. If the person in question can do it without acting like an uneducated baboon, then I don't see much of a problem.
That is true, I have also made comments on things that seemed wrong, but I never harped on it. I just made my point and left it at that.
I learned a long time ago that pushing too hard with complaints when others are disagreeing with you can turn even a friendly persons comments about issues into suspected trolling.
Which is why you address the issue and make your feelings known, and move along.

And on that note, have you patted Lin on the head today?

Reactions: business_casual

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Sounds like you really got into the story and the characters.
Most of us here have.

Personally, I played through it one update at a time, with a few months (avj) between updates, so the pacing was fine, but perhaps it could be made so that there is more then 2-3 days between events now to slow that down, but most people tend to bitch that things take too long. Of course, many of those are trying to do one girl at a time, and so on, and the breaks between events help to spread that out. My only complaint, are the events that trigger just by going to X location at Y time. I would prefer that they still triggered by the *TALK* button, and just teleport us to where we need to be.

With Ash, it fits her character, she is a yandere, she is desperate for attention, and she will to anything to make her fantasies come true, including potentially murder at that point in the story.

As for Lin, the leaf outfit is her cultural heritage and something she only wears in her room, you are asking her to wear that cutie outfit around the hotel (and other places), not just in her room. So if you think about it, it is VERY different.

I did not read all of your complaints, since there was a lot of it, and I am dyslexic, but if you think about things, most of it makes a lot more sense than you seem to be implying.
Let me explain it this way.
He knew everyone in the room.
The girl in the back is a voyeur.
The one giving the foot job likes to be an exhibitionist.
Ashley is a slut that would do far more than a foot job, and so would the twins.
Exhibitionism is a stat in the game, so it would be a pointless stat, if it was not present in the game.
Exhibitionism and voyeurism is something that everyone in that room at that time enjoy.
Also, don't forget, the laws and customs in that world are very different, seeing someone having sex in public is not an uncommon thing in this world, thanks to having sex slaves. And while the classroom is not the best place, since we know Ash got expelled for having sex there, the risk is also part of the fun with exhibitionism.

Joe33333

Feb 23, 2023
do we need to download the game in every update ? and can we restore the old safes by just transfer the old save file ?

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
do we need to download the game in every update ? and can we restore the old safes by just transfer the old save file ?
You need to download the full game the first time, and then every update for it as newer versions are released.
You can of course just download the whole thing with each new release.

You copy and paste the updates into the previously downloaded main game folder.
Follow the instructions on how to do that.
Saves should be automatically detected if you do everything correctly.
On PC's, updates normally are copied and pasted into the game folder with the name "Game". Old files will be replaced with new versions.
I've never used the update files, because I much prefer to download completely new versions of the game with each release.

Last edited:

Joe33333

Feb 23, 2023
You need to download the full game the first time, and then every update for it as newer versions are released.
You can of course just download the whole thing with each new release.

You copy and paste the updates into the previously downloaded main game folder.
Follow the instructions on how to do that.
Saves should be automatically detected if you do everything correctly.
where can i find those instructions pls ?

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
What is the typical fashion to play these games?
When I used the word atypical it’s not because I know what typical is.
My typical is definitely atypical for everyone else (as is yours IMO I could be wrong) … I have assumptions and perceptions of what others see and do … they are probably wrong (to a greater or lesser degree) however I see currents and threads that run across the “big picture” often things that others never see and unfortunately I’m proven right way too often.

It’s like that old saying about Normal "Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly."

My only personal tip is to suspend your standard perceptions & preconceptions and attempt to view every situation from others POV …
thats how I determine (for myself) what others see as a definition of “typical” in X situation.

Recognize that as an individual you have gifts but others gifts are not mirrored to yours … appreciate the differences because the world would be an extremely boring place if we were all the same.

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
My first fan. Do you enjoy following me around into all these threads?
Evil13 has been in this thread way before you got here.

Probably even before I got here … I’m to lazy to do the search to verify that.

However things you are bringing up as issues are pretty esoteric if not wholly subjective and even possibly erroneous … like evil13 following you to threads.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
These places really do devolve into echo chambers of positivity eventually.
Is this your first time at F95? :KEK: These threads are toxic cesspools.

This game needs a lot of work but it is promising. One thing that drives me crazy: the X to close computer windows is not in the same location as the computer's power button to leave it, but it's close. This makes it annoying to have to click the small X, move the mouse slightly, and then hit the bigger power button. If they were closer to the same place, it would be a quick double click to get off the PC rather than having to aim and then move.
The girls are also a little too easy and they need to be fleshed out some. It's a bit shallow now, but I am sure this will get better as the game approaches completion.
You bring up a fair point. I'm not sure I ever noticed the X, but I can look into that.

Yes. Shallow not in terms of being superficial personality-wise, but shallow in terms of characterization. A couple days after meeting Ashley she wants to suck my cock just for entering her room at the right time? It's a little ridiculous. Lin wants to give me a handjob and blow me and every Wednesday she wears that crazy mating outfit, but she won't put the heart outfit on that I buy her? It's a bit much. There are some characterization issues here. It could be better. I get a footjob in the middle of class with witnesses around just for answering some riddles? It's' a bit much. Even for a sex game.
To reiterate Ashley's story, the reason she sucked your cock so early, and tried to go so incredibly attached to you, is explained further into her story during the flashback. That's when she admits she was trying way too hard to keep you because she was so afraid to lose you. There are certainly reasons for every action, and it gives these characters depth.

I can look into that heart outfit stuff, that might just be a relic of old content. Had you approached this topic as "Hey Runey, can you look into X, Y, and Z? I think this can be improved upon to make more sense" It would be much more productive and you wouldn't seem so hostile.

No, you don't get a footjob in the middle of class. You visit between classes. Those witnesses are your girlfriend, your other girlfriends, and your girlfriends friends. In another comment you seem to remember this actually.

And no, this isn't a sex a game. It's an Adult Visual Novel. I can respect your criticism if you can respect my work.

I appreciate your explanation. It is one of many possible explanations. I just don't buy it. Not only is your explanation lacking (the girl giving the footjob doesn't have an exhibition stat), it ultimately is just one of many possible rationalizations you can give to excuse poor story telling and that's really all there is to it.

I buy magic in Lucky Paradox. I buy Ashley getting anal in the train bathroom in Halfway House. I buy demons in Once in a Lifetime. The way it's told, it's just not enough for me to believe it. But it's ok. I don't buy Bryce Dallas Howard running through the jungle and away from dinosaurs in 7 inch Stilletos, either.

For you and the others who like it, don't let my complaint about this one slightly unbelievable aspect ruin your enjoyment of this game. On the contrary, enjoy it. I'll play the rest of it when it's done.
You're taking this way out of proportion. You realize that you're arguing about a character in a game giving a footjob in a near empty class room with only people she has known her entire life? And that it's less believable than actual magic? I'm not sure if I should keep taking your criticism seriously at this point.

I only made two comments about things that I thought were strange. They were not game-breaking complaints and they were not absolute dealbreakers for me. I completed the game as well, and it is quite fun overall.
I think you have blown this way out of proportion. I didn't expect you to end with "I actually find the game fun" with the way you were commenting at first. I am always trying to get feedback from people, I can't get enough of it and it only improves the game, but the way you initially gave yours here felt like you were almost insulted by what you witnessed, it didn't feel like you want to help, but complain.

Fortunately, I am here, and can fix things.

So please do report anything you feel should be fixed or improved upon. I'm not sure what is going on with the heart outfit requirements, but it appears that Kate giving you a footjob is working as intended. I enjoy all feedback!

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Yes, it is. It is not surprising, however, since this is not my first time on a forum on the internet.
I have had to take a few mental health breaks from here. Many players don't care to take anything seriously and just want to argue. I can barely get anyone in power on this website to respond to me unless it's about an update as well. I think they're all unpaid volunteers though, who knows.

I'm here because I like to engage with people who play my content. On my time on this site, I've basically never left this thread.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
I can look into that heart outfit stuff, that might just be a relic of old content. Had you approached this topic as "Hey Runey, can you look into X, Y, and Z? I think this can be improved upon to make more sense" It would be much more productive and you wouldn't seem so hostile.
I don't have a "heart" outfit for Lin even on my slightly older version, but her slut outfit does have hearts on the underwear/garter, so maybe that's it. Even if it is, wouldn't have have an obedience level required if I remember? So the only thing I can guess since he's comparing it directly to her vine outfit is that she's not willing to basically undress as a norm, but wears her vine outfit casually in her room which would be ignoring the lore implications of why she's wearing it vs the slut outfit.

Reactions: SirWilliam
4.70 star(s) 450 Votes