imzahai

Apr 19, 2019
is this game abandoned?
YES
except for the fact that the dev is still developing the game, and posted images and updated on discord and twitter last week.
and regularly posts here about same.
so yes i guess in your pov that means abandoned.

question;
do you ask the same question on irphaes' threads? whatabout icstor's?
ya know, where they don't actually update their games for YEARS?

Prim.

Jan 1, 2018
YES
except for the fact that the dev is still developing the game, and posted images and updated on discord and twitter last week.
and regularly posts here about same.
so yes i guess in your pov that means abandoned.

question;
do you ask the same question on irphaes' threads? whatabout icstor's?
ya know, where they don't actually update their games for YEARS?
didnt join dc and never had twitter. thats why im asking haha.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Well genius, if you looked at the top of the page, you would see there is no "Abandoned" tag, and even a cursory check through the thread would have told you that the developer is active here and has regularly posted updates about the progress of V.17

KonfinedKnat

Apr 1, 2022
You could have looked back a handful of pages to find your answer. Better yet, Runey's Patreon is linked in the OP where it says that the 2nd Prerelease was released just a couple of days ago. The game can hardly be considered Abandoned if we're expecting a new update to come out within the next couple of weeks.

IanCormac92

Jul 27, 2021
that is a bad rule of thumb. there are no rules about version numbering, and some slimey devs like to play fast and loose with 1.0
Well, it's a development convention that -of course- not everyone will know/use correctly. I'd say in a niche environment with a lot of beginners and self-made programmers like here it's more likely to be misused, but looking at the AAA-industry...
They use the label '1.0' correct, but what they consider Release is mostly more like Beta Patch 'b0.8.givcash'.

And of course just because you reach 1.0 doesn't mean it's 'finished' no matter the state. There's always a bug to fix, a story to tell, a QoL-feature to add, etc.

But still '0.x' definitely means not finished, which was the actual question :D

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Does anyone have the contents of the mod? The download directory is empty :(
The mod is incomplete, and lacks details in the walkthrough that were changed in earlier parts of the game.
The person who has been working on it has cancer (LordAshram), and is getting treatment, so it may be a long time before they can return to work on it.
If you need the mod for the walkthrough feature, stop playing 16.2 immediately, because version 17 will soon be released, and it will have a built in, up to date walkthrough, so no mod will be needed.

If you played earlier versions of the game with the mod installed, you may be screwed, because a known bug of the mod was that if you used the mod in the past, and tried to play without the mod using saves from when the mod was installed the game will most likely crash.
That will mean that you have to start all over again.
But, on the bright side, if you had played it in the past and have to start over again, you will get to see the content that was changed in the earlier parts of the game.

There is a wiki page that was referred to in the last few pages of posts that gives clues that can help people.

In Harem Hotel there really is not going to be much of a need for a mod anymore, because between the upcoming built in walkthrough, and the cheat codes that are available, you will be able to do pretty much everything that a normal mod does.

Lain just returned and is working on mods again, they are the original creator of the mod, and they added some new content for the game in the mod. But except for that added (not necessary for the story) content the game will already have everything that you need to play the game.
Most people have said that they will wait until the game is done, and then try Lains mod, just to see what that added content was like, without risking game breaking issues that can happen with mods.

Last edited:

yaragl

Jul 15, 2019
The mod is incomplete, and lacks details in the walkthrough that were changed in earlier parts of the game.
The person who has been working on it has cancer (LordAshram), and is getting treatment, so it may be a long time before they can return to work on it.
If you need the mod for the walkthrough feature, stop playing 16.2 immediately, because version 17 will soon be released, and it will have a built in, up to date walkthrough, so no mod will be needed.

If you played earlier versions of the game with the mod installed, you may be screwed, because a known bug of the mod was that if you used the mod in the past, and tried to play without the mod using saves from when the mod was installed the game will most likely crash.
That will mean that you have to start all over again.
But, on the bright side, if you had played it in the past and have to start over again, you will get to see the content that was changed in the earlier parts of the game.

There is a wiki page that was referred to in the last few pages of posts that gives clues that can help people.

In Harem Hotel there really is not going to be much of a need for a mod anymore, because between the upcoming built in walkthrough, and the cheat codes that are available, you will be able to do pretty much everything that a normal mod does.

Lain just returned and is working on mods again, they are the original creator of the mod, and they added some new content for the game in the mod. But except for that added (not necessary for the story) content the game will already have everything that you need to play the game.
Most people have said that they will wait until the game is done, and then try Lains mod, just to see what that added content was like, without risking game breaking issues that can happen with mods.
longest wait tbh

Reactions: Schnubsl

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
For what? The guy who fighting cancer? Or the person who has not been here for a while, and had a ton to catch up on?
Who is it that should put their lives on hold, to so something for you, for free, so you don't have to look things up on the wiki? :FacePalm: :WeSmart:
They might mean that the wait for the mod would be the longest wait, compared to waiting for the release of version 17.0.
Which would likely be correct. Because Runey already knows all of the changes that were made, while Lain and LordAshram have to learn them, find them and change them in the mod, then test them before releasing.
On top of adding all of the details for the new content.
Things that Runey knows, and has already done.

Last edited:

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
They might mean that the wait for the mod would be the longest wait, compared to waiting for the release of version 17.0.
Which would likely be correct. Because Runey already knows all of the changes that were made, while Lain and LordAshram have to learn them, find them and change them in the mod, then test them before releasing.
On top of adding all of the details for the new content.
Things that Runey knows, and has already done.
They can wait the extra days or they can spend 1-2 hours rebuilding a fresh save and using skip. I start a fresh save each release and generally just pass on the exposition dumps since I already have a vague recollection of the history and stuff. Other than having a full gallery and seeing the old cut content, the negatives of the mod just don't seem to be worth it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

Walkerton

Sep 14, 2017
Huh. I apparently manage to finish all of the stories for 1.16.2, but I could have sworn a while ago there was more to do with the Faries. Latest scene I got with them was finding out there were spies in the house. But nothing after that.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Huh. I apparently manage to finish all of the stories for 1.16.2, but I could have sworn a while ago there was more to do with the Faries. Latest scene I got with them was finding out there were spies in the house. But nothing after that.
Version 17.0 will be released very soon, which will include a built in walkthrough feature that will tell you if you missed anything.
Unless you have been playing the game with a mod installed, in which case you may be out of luck, because there is an old and well known issue of the game crashing when saves are used that were created with the mod installed, and then trying to play without a mod installed.
It is unlikely that a working mod will be released for version 17.0 any time soon.

Walkerton

Sep 14, 2017
Version 17.0 will be released very soon, which will include a built in walkthrough feature that will tell you if you missed anything.
Unless you have been playing the game with a mod installed, in which case you may be out of luck, because there is an old and well known issue of the game crashing when saves are used that were created with the mod installed, and then trying to play without a mod installed.
It is unlikely that a working mod will be released for version 17.0 any time soon.
I don't mind replaying. Last time I played was a while ago, and I was mostly curious to see if there was anything new past "our" faries exploding he heads of enemy faries.

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes