TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
OK, I just looked and saw the announcement that Lain was returning to working on mods, but there was no posted mod.
Which explains why I could not find it posted in the OP.
As you mentioned, Runeys planned cellphone feature that will be in the new version, may just make mods for Harem Hotel pointless.
Here are the links...
https://f95zone.to/threads/harem-hotel-v0-16-2-runey.12760/post-10917013
https://f95zone.to/threads/harem-hotel-expanded-mod-lains-walkthrough-mod-v0-16-2-maid-lain.19954/

It will make the walkthrough part unneeded, but the parts that add the removed content (like the old exhibitionism scenes or the succubus) back, those could still be fun to have at some point, and maybe less of a problem, without the hints.

Last edited:

KonfinedKnat

Apr 1, 2022
I think the thing to remember is, even if the v0.16.2 version of the mod was made to fully function with the game, v0.17 of HH is right around the corner. The moment the update comes out the mod will no longer work, and we'll have to deal with the onslaught of players wondering why their saves aren't working until the mod is updated to v0.17. Also, remember that each game update is usually followed by one or two bugfix patches causing even more problems with the mod creators. This is why Lain would typically wait until those patches came out before releasing her mod (assuming the rumors are true and she's returning).

The safest thing for everyone to do is try to play HH without the mod for a while. If you decide to add the mod later, that's okay because you will (hopefully) have a vanilla save backed up should there be problems with the mod later.

KonfinedKnat

Apr 1, 2022
Oh, haven't played the game myself and from the thread I didn't see any link to a gallery mod so I thought it doesn't have one.

So, I just need a save file and I can browse the gallery without playing it, that right?
I suppose you could, but I think you'd miss out on how rich the storyline is when actually playing the game.

Reactions: TheDevian

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Oh, haven't played the game myself and from the thread I didn't see any link to a gallery mod so I thought it doesn't have one.

So, I just need a save file and I can browse the gallery without playing it, that right?
You also could decompile the game altogether and use only the picture, but as others already pointed out, why then this game and not simple one of 999 image galleries on the net?

Reactions: TheDevian

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
Yeah not appreciate it man, you didn't answer my question and just reiterate what c3p0 said with unnecessary detail and turn it into a long read, what i want to know since Runey change a lot of the early game in recent update is if Lain new mod for this game after more than a year is up to date and the walkthrough is accurate not whenever i should or shouldn't play unmodded, i know, i already play this game for a few years and someone already told me the consequences in less than 10 paragraph
You asked the same question twice.

The first time the answer was … go ask in mod thread.
The second time you asked the same question I provided more detail because you are to thick to understand that the answer is the same.

I even shared experience that demonstrates that at this point in time your question is … bad (twice).

Specifically that we are at the point where the mod makers have had the full 6 month window to polish up all the mods for 16.2 so if they aren’t working by this point its a problem without a solution because the focus will soon be on 17.

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
Thank yall, downloading the game right now:4Head::4Head::4Head:
You will probably be dl-ing again in ~week unless you went and supported Runey.(to DL ver 17)
Very soon ver 17 will drop and if you are DL-ing now you are getting 16.2.

Regardless of version you will enjoy the game!

From the current version(16.2)
you can pick up the incremental update next (which is usually available)
when you DL the 2nd time (which may be available next week).

Last edited:

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
You will probably be dl-ing again in ~week unless you went and supported Runey.(to DL ver 17)
Very soon ver 17 will drop and if you are DL-ing now you are getting 16.2.

Regardless of version you will enjoy the game!

From the current version(16.2)
you can pick up the incremental update next (which is usually available)
when you DL the 2nd time (which may be available next week).
OH damn... I'll just wait for the incremental update to 1.17 (the update sounds huge BTW)

Thanks for letting me know!

Reactions: Strike-10

KonfinedKnat

Apr 1, 2022
OH damn... I'll just wait for the incremental update to 1.17 (the update sounds huge BTW)

Thanks for letting me know!
Probably a good idea since Runey has been remaking so many of the earlier scenes from previous updates as well as adding what appears to be some cool new bells and whistles. At the very least, if you've already downloaded the current version, you should only need to download the update patch for the new one instead of the whole thing (since this game is getting HUGE....in a good way IMO).

Nosferan

Dec 15, 2018
Hi All! I just found this game and am loving it but I ran into a snag... I'm using the cheat mod to know what to do next to advance the characters but ran into an issue on Kali's lvl 21 mission to progress her to lvl 22. I know all I need to do is knock on her door in the morning or afternoon but the mod says that "Best route is for Kali's submission to be at least 10 and second best route is to have her exhibitionism lvl 10". Under the Lain Mod, it says "Finger her"->"massage her" and If Kali's exhibition or submission level is 10 or higher you will be able to have sex. I have both of the over 10 but I never get an option to finger her and no sex scene. Anyone know what is going on or how I can fix it?

I now see under patch note 16 that Kali's event 22 was remade... was it changed to no longer have a fingering/sex scene?

Last edited:

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Hi All! I just found this game and am loving it but I ran into a snag... I'm using the cheat mod to know what to do next to advance the characters but ran into an issue on Kali's lvl 21 mission to progress her to lvl 22. I know all I need to do is knock on her door in the morning or afternoon but the mod says that "Best route is for Kali's submission to be at least 10 and second best route is to have her exhibitionism lvl 10". Under the Lain Mod, it says "Finger her"->"massage her" and If Kali's exhibition or submission level is 10 or higher you will be able to have sex. I have both of the over 10 but I never get an option to finger her and no sex scene. Anyone know what is going on or how I can fix it?

I now see under patch note 16 that Kali's event 22 was remade... was it changed to no longer have a fingering/sex scene?
There are known issues with the accuracy of the walkthroughs in the mods, due to changes having been made to earlier events in the game.
Which is why there are multiple posts in the thread from people having issues and being told that the mod is no longer any good for the walkthrough feature.
Version 17 is due to be released very soon, and it has a built in walkthrough feature, so no mod will be needed for it for that.

Downside: A known glitch is that saves made with the mod installed, more often than not will no longer work without the mod installed.
Best bet, is to stop where you are, and wait for the release of version 17 and start the game over, without any mods installed.
That way you will get to see the newest changes to earlier events in the game, and not have to worry about inaccuracies in the mod, messing up the game. (There are more changes included in version 17.)

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes