Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Ohhh! So could it be that I havent gotten that far in the story on this latest play through, or am I totally missing something here?
Have you unlocked Violet? Violet isn't apart of the story, like I said. She's a non canon character that doesn't exist. You could say Violet is an unofficial mod, or something.

The only way you can unlock her, is through that code. Her first couple of events are the events that were on the Dreamscape VR

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
"This is because Lin has an event where she gets introduced to BDSM, and the dungeon."

Perhaps unchain the event and make it independent of her normal storyline? It just felt really weird to have Lin with an Obedience of 35 with the Loyal and Mega Slut traits refuse to participate in anything Dungeon related. You could set the requirements without using the Friendship stat and make it independent of her storyline. It would still be a great event, just unchained or independant.

""A little bit of code" x 8 is a lot of code, which also takes away from something else in an update. Adding flavor to the utility room stuff could be enough work to replace 1 - 2 story events. While adding flavor is good, I don't think anyone here would want Lin saying stuff like "Hey, just waiting on my laundry." to replace her next event."

I agree with the last half of what you said, however I don't believe that adding x8 code (invitation to join you in the shower from the utility room) would take longer than one hour at the most based on my programming background. It's just an idea. If you don't like the suggestion that is fine also. :)

"That event is currently the worst looking event in game, I'm either going to remove it, or remake it."

I honestly liked the event overall and thought it looked pretty good. I would just add some stat adjustments to make the event more meaningful. You could also add the option to be neutral and say you like both (suggested by rogue886). If you really wanted to get crazy, you could add to the event where other girls in the hotel overhear your conversation and join you in your room and all the girls have a debate in front of you (lol). :love:

Keep up the great work! (y)

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
"This is because Lin has an event where she gets introduced to BDSM, and the dungeon."

Perhaps unchain the event and make it independent of her normal storyline? It just felt really weird to have Lin with an Obedience of 35 with the Loyal and Mega Slut traits refuse to participate in anything Dungeon related. You could set the requirements without using the Friendship stat and make it independent of her storyline. It would still be a great event, just unchained or independant.
And then it would be strange to have done all of the BDSM training, at submission 35, then to hear her say "Wow, these toys look interesting. Can we try them out?"

""A little bit of code" x 8 is a lot of code, which also takes away from something else in an update. Adding flavor to the utility room stuff could be enough work to replace 1 - 2 story events. While adding flavor is good, I don't think anyone here would want Lin saying stuff like "Hey, just waiting on my laundry." to replace her next event."

I agree with the last half of what you said, however I don't believe that adding x8 code (invitation to join you in the shower from the utility room) would take longer than one hour at the most based on my programming background. It's just an idea. If you don't like the suggestion that is fine also. :)
If I were to add just her asking to invite you to the shower, I feel like it would be a pointless addition. Why not add it as a random event? Or in the lobby? Or in her room? Why specifically the utility room? Because the Utility room needs more content? Sure, I can agree with that. But if it needs more content, why just add her asking you to join her in the shower? Why not her asking you to go spend some time at the cafe? In the hot springs? Then it turns into Lobby hangouts v2, then it turns into half an update's worth of development time. The way I see it, I either add something much more meaningful, or I don't add anything at all.

"That event is currently the worst looking event in game, I'm either going to remove it, or remake it."

I honestly liked the event overall and thought it looked pretty good. I would just add some stat adjustments to make the event more meaningful. You could also add the option to be neutral and say you like both (suggested by rogue886). If you really wanted to get crazy, you could add to the event where other girls in the hotel overhear your conversation and join you in your room and all the girls have a debate in front of you (lol). :love:

Keep up the great work! (y)
Yeah, if that event were to be remade, it should definitely add or subtract to Affection.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
"And then it would be strange to have done all of the BDSM training, at submission 35, then to hear her say "Wow, these toys look interesting. Can we try them out?""

If it breaks the story like you suggest then there is a simple solution for all the girls in the hotel - add additional logic so that no girl can be invited into the dungeon unless they meet the minimum requirements to do at least one event there.

i.e. unless Lin has done her dungeon story event introduction then she can't be invited to the dungeon. Adding logic to all the girls would make sense here. If they don't meet the minimum requirements to do the most basic event in the dungeon then they most likely wouldn't agree to come to the dungeon in the first place. Problem solved. We just solved both of our concerns. :)

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
"And then it would be strange to have done all of the BDSM training, at submission 35, then to hear her say "Wow, these toys look interesting. Can we try them out?""

If it breaks the story like you suggest then there is a simple solution for all the girls in the hotel - add additional logic so that no girl can be invited into the dungeon unless they meet the minimum requirements to do at least one event there.

i.e. unless Lin has done her dungeon story event introduction then she can't be invited to the dungeon. Adding logic to all the girls would make sense here. If they don't meet the minimum requirements to do the most basic event in the dungeon then they most likely wouldn't agree to come to the dungeon in the first place. Problem solved. We just solved both of our concerns. :)
...That's how it already works...

You suggested I allow you to bring Lin into the dungeon without any story reason. A simple check for obedience. A million obedience could still result in her not wanting to do something. Obedience doesn't turn Lin into a mindless whore. She's open to the idea in her story, and asks MC to try it.

Other girls, don't really care. If they meet certain affection, they'll think "Eh, why not." (Passed a certain friendship level of course)

So I'm confused. You just suggested I do Lin's event the way I told you I did Lin's event.

Reactions: Maid Lain

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
...That's how it already works...

You suggested I allow you to bring Lin into the dungeon without any story reason. A simple check for obedience. A million obedience could still result in her not wanting to do something. Obedience doesn't turn Lin into a mindless whore. She's open to the idea in her story, and asks MC to try it.

Other girls, don't really care. If they meet certain affection, they'll think "Eh, why not."

So I'm confused. You just suggested I do Lin's event the way I told you I did Lin's event.
You are mixing up two different ideas. You said that making Lin's dungeon story event independent would cause problems. I agreed with you since you are the author (don't change her story or make the event independent).

"...That's how it already works..."
Not true. You can invite Lin to the dungeon but if you ask her to do anything she exits with a "Friendship is too low" message.

1. Invite Lin to the Dungeon
2. Lin - "Yes Master"
3. Player - "We're going to have some fun here"
4. Lin - "I can't do that"
5. Game message - "Lin's Friendship is too low"

Summary of what I said below - Don't allow Lin to be invited to the dungeon until she completes her dungeon story event. Don't allow any girl to be invited to the dungeon unless they meet the requirements to do the most basic event in the dungeon. Add additional logic to all the girls in the hotel to accomplish this (read more below).

The best solution (without changing Lin's story) would be to:

"If it breaks the story like you suggest then there is a simple solution for all the girls in the hotel - add additional logic so that no girl can be invited into the dungeon unless they meet the minimum requirements to do at least one event there.

i.e. unless Lin has done her dungeon story event introduction then she can't be invited to the dungeon. Adding logic to all the girls would make sense here. If they don't meet the minimum requirements to do the most basic event in the dungeon then they most likely wouldn't agree to come to the dungeon in the first place. Problem solved. We just solved both of our concerns." :)

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
You are mixing up two different ideas. You said that making Lin's dungeon story event independent would cause problems. I agreed with you since you are the author (don't change her story or make the event independent).

"...That's how it already works..."
Not true. You can invite Lin to the dungeon but if you ask her to do anything she exits with a "Friendship is too low" message.

1. Invite Lin to the Dungeon
2. Lin - "Yes Master"
3. Player - "We're going to have some fun here"
4. Lin - "I can't do that"
5. Game message - "Lin's Friendship is too low"

Summary of what I said below - Don't allow Lin to be invited to the dungeon until she completes her dungeon story event. Don't allow any girl to be invited to the dungeon unless they meet the requirements to do the most basic event in the dungeon. Add additional logic to all the girls in the hotel to accomplish this (read more below).

The best solution (without changing Lin's story) would be to:

"If it breaks the story like you suggest then there is a simple solution for all the girls in the hotel - add additional logic so that no girl can be invited into the dungeon unless they meet the minimum requirements to do at least one event there.

i.e. unless Lin has done her dungeon story event introduction then she can't be invited to the dungeon. Adding logic to all the girls would make sense here. If they don't meet the minimum requirements to do the most basic event in the dungeon then they most likely wouldn't agree to come to the dungeon in the first place. Problem solved. We just solved both of our concerns." :)
Phew... Okay... Deep breaths.

That's how it already works.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
That's how it already is. Lin is already not allowed to be invited to the dungeon until you complete her dungeon story friendship event. You even said it yourself.
Are we speaking English here?

She was invited to the dungeon and came to the dungeon:

1. Invite Lin to the Dungeon (Lin is now in the dungeon)
2. Lin - "Yes Master" (Lin is in the dungeon)
3. Player - "We're going to have some fun here" (Lin is in the dungeon)
4. Lin - "I can't do that" (Lin is in the dungeon)
5. Game message - "Lin's Friendship is too low" (Lin exits the dungeon)

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Are we speaking English here?

She was invited to the dungeon and came to the dungeon:

1. Invite Lin to the Dungeon (Lin is now in the dungeon)
2. Lin - "Yes Master" (Lin is in the dungeon)
3. Player - "We're going to have some fun here" (Lin is in the dungeon)
4. Lin - "I can't do that" (Lin is in the dungeon)
5. Game message - "Lin's Friendship is too low" (Lin exits the dungeon)
Oh, I didn't realize you literally meant she shouldn't be able to be invited. I thought you meant just not be able to do her dungeon events because not being able to invite her at all until you do the event would be a dumb change.

If you can't invite her to the dungeon at all until you do her event then how is the player even supposed to know that she has dungeon events or can even go to the dungeon? I'll use you as an example, you went to the dungeon and wanted to do Lin's dungeon scenes, so you tried to invite her and the game told you you need to raise her friendship. So now you know what you need to do. If you remove that then how were you supposed to know what you needed to do?

If you remove girls from the menu until they can do the dungeon like Lin then a new player might think that a character doesn't even have any dungeon scenes. With the way it is now they do know and the game tells you what you need to do to unlock the dungeon scenes.

Reactions: Meuti

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
@Maim Lain - OK, now we understand each other (hopefully Runey does also).

How can you have a story event that introduces Lin to the dungeon when she has already been there?

"If you can't invite her to the dungeon at all until you do her event then how is the player even supposed to know that she has dungeon events or can even go to the dungeon? I'll use you as an example, you went to the dungeon and wanted to do Lin's dungeon scenes, so you tried to invite her and the game told you you need to raise her friendship. So now you know what you need to do. If you remove that then how were you supposed to know what you needed to do? " - Maim Lain

None of the other events in the game act like this. When I enter the shower with a girl it doesn't tell me that I can unlock shower sex. None of the other events tell me what you are suggesting. When I enter a girl's room it doesn't give me the option to do anal and then when I click on anal it tells me I need to increase friendship. The option simply doesn't exist until it is unlocked. I am simply suggesting that this event act like all the other events in the game - it doesn't show up until it is unlocked. The player can still enter the dungeon anytime they want.

I think it makes a lot more sense to do it the way I suggested. Once the additional logic for each girl has been put in place all Runey has to do is put the change in the release notes: "Girls in the hotel will no longer show up in the list of possible Dungeon invites until the girl meets the minimum requirements to do at least one event there." The player has now been informed of the logic change. New players won't know the difference and should assume that each girl requires "unlocking" to do Dungeon events (like all the other events in the game require unlocking before they show up as options). It is a game of exploration and unlocking different events for the girls afterall.

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
Will we see more events with the characters introduced through the competition with the other slave masters? The drow seems interesting and I hope for more content with Sylvia as well. Both lewd scenes and story related of course.

Also great game! I really enjoy basically everything you can do so far. I hope that you can realize everything you envision for Harem Hotel.

Reactions: Runey

rogue886

Aug 21, 2017
Will we see more events with the characters introduced through the competition with the other slave masters? The drow seems interesting and I hope for more content with Sylvia as well. Both lewd scenes and story related of course.

Also great game! I really enjoy basically everything you can do so far. I hope that you can realize everything you envision for Harem Hotel.
Runey has already said there are plans for most of the elves from the competition to be bought by the MC.

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
Thank you for the reply. I probably missed that information while reading over the thread. That was my bad.

Otaku_Bob

Jul 30, 2017
Thanks Runey! I was confused at first because I KNEW I’d seen some of Violet’s scenes and hadn’t unlocked her before...I’d seen them in the old Dreamscape files . Sorry for the confusion!!

Is it wrong for me to hope for more intimate scenes with the Goth chick and also the “Riddler”?

This is currently my fave game! Thanks again! You are truly a great storyteller!!

KillJoy2190

Jul 8, 2017
@Runey
I'm having trouble loading some of my saves. My most recent save, and some of my older saves, won't load. When I try to open them, I get taken back to the main title screen. Thankfully, I have a somewhat recent save that works, so I only lost a few days. Do you have any thoughts on this? I'm playing on PC and my most recent saves, the one that worked and the one that didn't, are both from 0.5.0. I'm trying to use them with 0.5.3. Thanks for your time and for this game!

Sorry if you already covered this, I did a quick scan of the thread, but didn't see this problem mentioned.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Is it wrong for me to hope for more intimate scenes with the Goth chick and also the “Riddler”?
I don't think I've heard Runey mention any current plans for making more scenes with the goth girl, but I wouldn't be surprised if he made some eventually. I don't think Runey said what the future reward for completing all the riddles will be either, he's probably going to keep it secret until it's added.

I'm making a custom scenes mod that adds a scene with the goth girl to the game though. Some more images are (Obvious disclaimer, these aren't official or canon scenes)
1.png 2.png 4.png 5.png 6.png

I'm having trouble loading some of my saves. My most recent save, and some of my older saves, won't load.
It's probably not the save that's the problem, but where you saved at. If you saved in the middle of an event or place that got changed a lot in the code after the update then the save might not work.

Reactions: Otaku_Bob
Mar 21, 2018
Runey has already said there are plans for most of the elves from the competition to be bought by the MC.
It is possible to have too many girls. There are still at least four girls in the hotel with incomplete stories (2nd floor girls and the receptionist). When a developers focus is spread too thin it is often difficult to get things done. Runey already gave us a sneak peak of the bar and bartender girl. Adding too many girls too quickly could cause problems with 6 - 8 stories to complete instead of 4. 3rd floor anybody? ;)

It is a miracle that all the girls in the hotel are magically willing to share the MC. At some point it becomes ridiculous and a fairy tale. I would consider making any new girls (non-slaves) unwilling to share the MC and cause a lot of jealousy issues in the hotel with the other residents. Cat fight anyone? ;)

It would be fun to see the girls trying to sabotage one another in order to gain the upper hand with winning your affection. :giggle:
It would be a new season of "The Bachelor". :LOL:

4.70 star(s) 447 Votes