hofuldig

Jul 5, 2017
That would make sense given that nearly all of their profit comes from the Japanese market.
and to add as an update i found quite a bit of good information on distributors rights and copyright and it looks like it is very normal for the original owner to not give the distributor any sort of copyright power. the reason im thinking that fakku does not hold any sort of copyright power at least here in the united states is because illusion decided to publish Koikatu on steam themselves. if they had given fakku copyright power in the western world fakku would be able to block them from doing so.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
quite frankly i did the one thing i dont think anyone has done yet, i went to the illusion website. there is little information and its all sort of vague with how meh google translates. the way its read only the images on the website are subject to the sort of copyright fakku is describing. and the page that re-directs to fakku calls them "representatives" of illusion

so at this point im like 100% sure that fakku has no copyright grounds what so ever and only has distribution rights of the one game itself "HS:Unlimited" and thats it. only illusion themselvs will be able to initiate any sort of copyright DMCA and (again) from the way this reads on their website they literally dont care about the western market.
Distributors typically don't get copyright control, just the right to distribute in the area they ask to distribute in. That's all Fakku is for Illusion and I'm guessing it didn't work out with Honey Select or Koikatu would have been distributed through Fakku as well instead of a direct sale through Steam.

hofuldig

Jul 5, 2017
Distributors typically don't get copyright control, just the right to distribute in the area they ask to distribute in. That's all Fakku is for Illusion and I'm guessing it didn't work out with Honey Select or Koikatu would have been distributed through Fakku as well instead of a direct sale through Steam.
you fucking got it dude, and from what i can also see its very very common for there to be a publishing term, yeah its usually in years but its not an infinite amount of time. though its very possible that fakku has an unlimited contract as illusion didnt think the game would be very popular, then as the money started coming in they decided to self publish on steam. once or IF the contract with fakku expires id expect them to self publish HS on steam as well.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Illusion actually does sell stuff on NA steam, not Fakku.

you fucking got it dude, and from what i can also see its very very common for there to be a publishing term, yeah its usually in years but its not an infinite amount of time. though its very possible that fakku has an unlimited contract as illusion didnt think the game would be very popular, then as the money started coming in they decided to self publish on steam. once or IF the contract with fakku expires id expect them to self publish HS on steam as well.
They have no contracts ready, in fact I would be the first to be able to completely own a game using Honey Select's assets, which I would be able to sell it on steam as well, assuming the license says so.

I don't know the laws around this sort of thing, so I'm not here to argue it, although it is being discussed over here, please share your thoughts. https://f95zone.to/threads/an-offic...-games-using-honey-select-assets.35129/page-8

hofuldig

Jul 5, 2017

They have no contracts ready, in fact I would be the first to be able to completely own a game using Honey Select's assets, which I would be able to sell it on steam as well, assuming the license says so.

I don't know the laws around this sort of thing, so I'm not here to argue it, although it is being discussed over here, please share your thoughts. https://f95zone.to/threads/an-offic...-games-using-honey-select-assets.35129/page-8
sorry dude, lots of discussion going on in that thread. i privately messaged you.

Reactions: Runey

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

I know, they started with Steam after making the distribution deal for Honey Select with Fakku. The first game they started selling to the west themselves is a stripped down version of Koikatu called Koikatu Party. They had to take out all the school related content for the game to be allowed on Steam, but they have a patch on their site to restore it. They completely took out the story element as well, probably because it is voiced and is near impossible to change without redoing every single line of audio, which gets expensive very quickly. It does have an extremely well done English translation, though. I play a repack of the original Japanese version that was merged with the English translation from Party.

Reactions: TheDevian

ImJustLine

Mar 15, 2019
Yes i know, I haven't been here for quite a while and haven't read the latest updates.
I have a question for Runey: is it possible / will it be possible to have another appointment with (Name Android) at the restaurant when she is dressed as a human?

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
This might be a double edged sword, But If Runey does sign a contract that allows him to use Illusions asset, he might even be able to publish the game on Steam thus benefiting him even more although I doubt this outcome.

I'll stand by and wait to see an officiel notice, until then nothing happened.

Yes i know, I haven't been here for quite a while and haven't read the latest updates.
I have a question for Runey: is it possible / will it be possible to have another appointment with (Name Android) at the restaurant when she is dressed as a human?
There is no second dates for now with the android.

Reactions: TheDevian

buhbert

Nov 8, 2018

is there any futanari content planned beyond that android encounter?
i got excited after seeing the futanari android. i hope there is an option to have a futanari (or more) bang the girls.
or maybe you can chose main character be male or a futanari.

Reactions: kdunnorofl

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
This might be a double edged sword, But If Runey does sign a contract that allows him to use Illusions asset, he might even be able to publish the game on Steam thus benefiting him even more although I doubt this outcome.

I'll stand by and wait to see an officiel notice, until then nothing happened.
Another thing to consider is if Fakku does take your money and gives you permission, do they have the right to give that permission, and if so, how long will it last? Distribution rights are not permanent, how long until they lose that right now that Illusion doesn't need them to distribute their work? We don't know what Fakku's contract with Illusion states, nor how they think they can get away with blocking people from using images from games they don't even sell!
is there any futanari content planned beyond that android encounter?
i got excited after seeing the futanari android. i hope there is an option to have a futanari (or more) bang the girls.
or maybe you can chose main character be male or a futanari.
I do not believe so.

tbailey

Nov 25, 2018
This whole situation sounds a lot like lawyer territory. Might not hurt to spend a little cash to go talk to one.

By the way, love this game! Thanks for all the work you do.

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes