Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Runey
My Dear Dev, you not planned give us Hallowen Addon? >___<
From my perspective, holiday events are just excuses to not think of any original content by leaning on already established ideas that have been done hundreds of times. Not to say there can't be great holiday stuff (And I'm definitely not hating on anyone who likes this stuff), but if I make a holiday, I would like it to be an in game holiday that makes sense for the story. Maybe that's a bit too harsh to say though, but I'm focused on the game's story at the moment and I don't want to dedicate an entire update to some events that will be pointless until next year.

I don't hate the idea, but priorities and all.

Last edited:

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
From my perspective, holiday events are just excuses to not think of any original content by leaning on already established ideas that have been done hundreds of times. Not to say there can't be great holiday stuff (And I'm definitely not hating on anyone who likes this stuff), but if I make a holiday, I would like it to be an in game holiday that makes sense for the story. Maybe that's a bit too harsh to say though, but I'm focused on the game's story at the moment and I don't want to dedicate an entire update to some events that will be pointless until next year.

I don't hate the idea, but priorities and all.

Thank god for that, which is why this is IMO the best game there is, more to the point why do Halloween, to 99.99% of the world is means nothing.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Thank god for that, which is why this is IMO the best game there is, more to the point why do Halloween, to 99.99% of the world is means nothing.
I think that many games include holiday events like Christmas and Halloween for fun and fanservice it's a good excuse to have the characters in costume, saying that to "99.99% of the world it means nothing" seems a bit of an exaggeration to me, even if many countries may not celebrate Halloween or equivalent due to popular entertainment they are likely to at least know what it is, most European, North American and Asian countries celebrate Halloween or their own equivalent holiday of a similar nature.

Last edited:

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Runey has made it clear about doing holiday stuff, no matter how much anyone wants to cry and expect him to do what you want, it is not going to make a difference, so just deal with it, no point getting snotty with me, I am just a player not the dev.

As for Halloween, sure most people know what it is, outside of the USA it's just a day for silly dress up and let kids to the opposite of what you tell them and that this one day it is ok to take candy from strangers.

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
As for Halloween, sure most people know what it is, outside of the USA it's just a day for silly dress up and let kids to the opposite of what you tell them and that this one day it is ok to take candy from strangers.
Yup, best day of the year! :devilish:

Though to be fair, it started in the 9th century, so don't blame the US. :p

Reactions: L30 and imzahai

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Runey has made it clear about doing holiday stuff, no matter how much anyone wants to cry and expect him to do what you want, it is not going to make a difference, so just deal with it, no point getting snotty with me, I am just a player not the dev.

Nobody is crying about anything or getting snotty with you, no idea where you are getting that from.

Halloween is one of the oldest holidays, in many places it means more than just dressing up and getting candy, although those are admittedly the best part of the holiday.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
You say that like it's a bad thing,
But what do we get on Halloween...
All those cute and sexy girls dressed up in costume,
Plus as a bonus a legit reason to stuff yourself with enough surgery sweets to go into diabetic shock,
Tell me where are the negatives because I don't see any :p

Reactions: L30 and TheDevian

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Talk to me when Ellen is in a sexy santa outfit and signing santa baby, until then stuff being dressed up as a witch.
Ah, so what you're saying is that when it's a holiday that you like, holiday specific content is a good idea? :unsure:
And I have to say it's pretty damn ironic to ask for a Christmas event after deriding Halloween as having been 'co-opted by Christians'. :ROFLMAO:

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Oh I hate Xmas too, and yes I know it's a lie, jebus was born in the summer they just made it December for the pagan winter solstice, but santa outfits are sexy, halloween ain't.

Still don't care, there already is an Xmas scene.

I just want what Runey has given us, a great story, fuck fan service, what good has it done for star wars.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018

This event is the biggest I've made, I may not be able to finish it by saturday haha. I am perhaps a bit too ambitious with this event. I may even have to split it and do the rest in v0.10 :unsure:

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 450 Votes